Warfare Results 03/07/2022

Ben M

Warfare Results 03/07/2022

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks… It's time for Warfare!

“Faint” by Linkin Park hit and the crowd cheered as Liv Morgan stepped out onto the stage. Morgan looked around at the crowd, smiled and headed to the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: Here comes Liv Morgan, making her return to EBWF! The crowd are happy to see her, but Liv’s return match is going to be a tough one as she has to take on Becky Lynch!

When Morgan was in the ring, “Celtic Invasion” hit and the arena erupted as Becky Lynch made her way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Becky is a real crowd favorite, and the EBWF fans are so happy to see her back after Winter… I still can’t believe I’m saying this… set Becky on fire! Becky has challenged Winter to a Buried Alive match at Fallout, but will Winter accept?

Nigel McGuinness: Becky can’t be thinking about that tonight, Mauro. She has to focus on her opponent, Liv Morgan, or her lack of focus could cost her dearly.

After Lynch had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two women locked up. Morgan whipped Lynch against the ropes, then went for a clothesline, but Lynch ducked out of the way and got behind Morgan, hitting a German suplex. Both women got to their feet and Lynch hit Morgan with a series of kicks, then followed up with a DDT. Lynch grabbed Morgan and went for the Dis-arm-her, but before she could lock it in, Morgan grabbed the ropes.

Mauro Ranallo: Good ring awareness there from Liv Morgan... she got to the ropes before Becky could fully apply the Dis-arm-her!

Lynch took a step back, allowing Morgan to get to her feet, then when Morgan got back up, Lynch whipped her against the ropes. As Morgan ran back towards her, Lynch went for a big boot, but Morgan ducked out of the way. Lynch turned around, and Morgan hit her with an enzuigiri! Lynch staggered backwards, and Morgan grabbed her, whipping her into the corner. Morgan then hit a running single-leg dropkick, before rolling Lynch up into a small package! The referee counted – 1... 2... Lynch kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: That was so close to a 3 count! I thought Liv Morgan had Becky beat there!

Both women got to their feet and Morgan went for a roundhouse kick, but Lynch blocked it, before hitting Morgan with a European uppercut. Morgan stumbled backwards looking dazed, and Lynch took her down with a leg lariat. Lynch stomped on Morgan several times, then pulled her to her feet and hit a fisherman's neckbreaker! She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Morgan kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Becky Lynch is in control now... can she put Liv Morgan away?

Lynch pulled Morgan to her feet and set her up for an exploder suplex, but Morgan blocked it, countering with a jawbreaker. The two women locked up, and Lynch set Morgan up for the Manhandle Slam, but Morgan countered again, this time hitting Lynch with a headscissors takedown. Both women got to their feet, and Morgan hit an STO, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Lynch kicked out! Morgan pulled Lynch to her feet and pushed her into the ropes, then went for ObLIVion... but Lynch blocked it, countering with a backbreaker! Lynch dragged Morgan to the center of the ring, then locked in the Dis-arm-her! Morgan tapped out and the referee called for the bell. As Becky celebrated, the arena lights went out. When the lights came back on, Winter was standing across the ring from Becky Lynch.

Nigel McGuinness: Here we go, Mauro… business is about to pick up!

Becky glared at Winter, then charged towards her and hit her with a series of punches. Winter fought back with some right hands of her own, but Becky was able to overpower her and she took Winter down with a big boot. As Winter tried to get up, Becky grabbed her and went for the Dis-arm-her… but the lights went out again! When the lights came back up, Winter was standing behind Becky and she grabbed her around the neck, taking her down to the mat with a choke hold. Becky tried to fight out of it, but Winter kept the hold locked in and after a couple of minutes, Becky faded.

Mauro Ranallo: I think Winter just choked Becky Lynch out!

Nigel McGuinness: Does that mean she’s accepted Becky’s challenge for Fallout?

The lights went out a third time, and this time when they came back on Winter was gone. One of the officials checked on Becky Lynch as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

After the commercial break, the camera joined Nigel and Mauro at the broadcast table.

Nigel McGuinness: Still to come, both of the semi-final matches in King Xavier’s Breakout Title Tournament.

Mauro Ranallo: But right now, we go backstage to our broadcast colleague Renee Young for a message from Wes Ikeda.

The scene opened backstage where Renee was standing with Wes.

Renee Young: Thank you, Mauro. Mr. Ikeda, you have asked me to join you here tonight because you have an announcement regarding the Fallout main event.

Wes nodded.

Wes Ikeda: It gives me no great joy to tell you that earlier this week EBWF was informed that Austin Gunn is unable to compete at Fallout.

The crowd reacted in the arena.

Renee Young: Do you know the nature of his… absence?

Wes Ikeda: Not medically cleared. Possible knee injury that might take him away from the ring for some time.

Renee Young: Mr. Ikeda, who will face The Miz at Fallout?

Wes glanced at Renee, then at the camera, before averting his gaze to the ground. He puffed out his cheeks, blowing out a deep sigh, and answered gravely.

Wes Ikeda: I have… absolutely no idea, Renee.

Before Renee could ask another question, Wes turned and went back into his office, closing the door behind him.

MATCH TWO

The crowd gave a mixed reaction as Prince Devitt's theme hit and he came from behind the curtain.

Mauro Ranallo: This is the first of the Breakout Title tournament semi-final matches.

Christy Hemme: Introducing first, from Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland. Weighing in at 195 pounds. He is Prince Devitt!

Devitt got into the ring and awaited the arrival of Christian, who also got a mixed reaction from the crowd. Christian looked for his peeps in the crowd as Christy Hemme did the announcement. Christian got into the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: Christian is of course a former EBWF Breakout Champion and Prince Devitt is looking to prove himself here in EBWF.

The bell rang and both men started with a lock up. Devitt was the stronger man, backing Christian up but Cage flipped him in the corner and then Devitt did the same as both men delivered strikes. Cage came back with a diving uppercut and then sent Devitt to the outside before hitting him with a Baseball Dropkick. Devitt came back with an eye poke before he tossed Christian into the barricade and rolled back in the ring for a count out win.

Mauro Ranallo: It can't end like this.

Nigel McGuinness: I think Prince Devitt would be very content for it to end this way, Mauro!

Christian made it back in the ring at 9 with ease but Devitt attacked him again as soon as he did with some big strikes. Devitt sent Christian back to the outside and Christian climbed under the ring and out the other side to surprise Devitt with a roll up for two. Devitt came back on the offensive though, beating Christian down in the corner. Cage fired back a few shots from the top rope but Devitt hit a delayed vertical suplex. He went for the pin.

Christian kicked out!

Devitt put on the bear hug but Christian fired out with elbows. Devitt sent him outside and Christian followed after, hitting a DDT on the floor! They tussled back to the ring and Christian fired in shots from above in the corner before hitting a beautiful roll up.

Nigel McGuinness: It's only good for two!

Cage hit a reverse DDT for yet another two count and then Devitt exploded from nowhere with a crisp cutter for a two of his own. Christian came back before getting a two with a diving headbutt from the top rope. Cage set up for the spear but Devitt hit a shoulder tackle instead for two and looked for the DDT, but Christian reversed into the Killswitch!

Mauro Ranallo: Christian with the cover!

3!

Nigel McGuinness: Christian with the victory!

Christy Hemme: Your winner, advancing to the final round of King Xavier's Breakout Tournament... Christian Cage!

Christian had his arm raised in victory as a Fallout promo began to play.

SEGMENT

After the promo, the camera cut backstage, where Renee Young was standing with Britt Baker and Leva Bates.

Renee Young: Good evening, EBWF Universe! I am joined at this time by Leva Bates and the number one contender for the Women’s Championship, Dr Britt Baker, DMD. Britt, Leva, last week you attacked the Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss in the parking lot, powerbombing her onto a car. I have to ask, do you feel any remorse for what you did?

Leva went to answer Renee’s question, but Britt cut her off.

Britt Baker: I’ll take care of this, thanks Leva. Renee, in answer to your question… I feel no remorse whatsoever. Alexa got what she deserved. The only thing I regret is, she’s probably not going to be cleared in time for Fallout, which means she’ll have to forfeit her title to me.

Britt smirked.

Britt Baker: I’d rather beat Alexa for it, but I’ve already proved I’m better than her so no one can say I’m not a deserving champion…

Britt’s voice trailed off as Christian Cage approached her.

Britt Baker: Can I help you?

Christian Cage: Britt, it's funny that you think that you and your sidekick took out Alexa last week… you see I talked to Lexi and while her back and ribs are a little sore, she'll be back before Fallout. In fact, she'll return next week to face you, Leva.

Leva rolled her eyes.

Christian Cage: Oh but this won't be a normal match. Lexi requested a special match type. So next week that match will be inside a Steel Cage.

Suddenly, Leva looked concerned. Smirking, Christian walked away. Leva and Britt talked to each other in hushed tones as the camera cut back to the arena.

MATCH THREE

"You Know It's All About the Boom!"

Mauro Ranallo: Here we go! Adam Cole will take on MJF to find out which of these men will face Christian to determine the #1 contender for King Xavier's Breakout Championship.

Adam Cole came to the ring, hyping up the crowd with his usual entrance who shouted along to the "Adam Cole Bay-Bay!" cue. Once Adam was in the ring and introduced, MJF's theme hit and the crowd began to boo.

Nigel McGuinness: MJF's recent interactions with Steve Austin must have him looking over his shoulder here.

Mauro Ranallo: MJF sure exudes confidence. We'll have to see how this matchup goes for him!

When the bell rang, MJF kickstarted the match with a side headlock takeover. Adam landed punches on MJF several times before he hit a dropkick to build momentum. He then went for a knee drop. He covered him.

MJF kicked out.

Nigel McGuinness: Gonna take a bit more than that.

Cole looked to continue that momentum, but MJF rolled to the outside and when Cole set up to dive outside, he moved away again. They fought back inside the ring. Cole looked to leap on the top rope, but he was pushed to the floor as he slammed into the barricade. MJF followed that up by sending him crashing into the guardrail again. They fought back into the ring again.

Mauro Ranallo: The absolute physicality of this match!

MJF bit at Cole’s thumb. He then went for a rollup, but his feet were on the ropes. The referee caught him quickly. MJF rolled out of the ring in frustration.

Mauro Ranallo: That's cheating!

Nigel McGuinness: MJF was just doing what he had to do there, Mauro!

Cole avoided MJF's advance with a leap and he immediately dove to the outside to take him out. Cole threw him back into the ring, and hit him with a huge forearm that turned MJF inside out. Cole went for the Panama Sunrise but MJF stumbled away, only for Cole to nail several strikes on him in the corner. Adam looked for several roll-up pinfalls, but MJF continued to kick out. MJF landed a Liger Bomb, but Cole fought up and they traded punches. MJF whipped Cole off the ropes. Cole lost his footing and MJF took him to the ground to lock on Salt of the Earth.

Mauro Ranallo: Are you kidding me?

Nigel McGuinness: MJF has Cole trapped into that submission.

Cole fought his way to the ropes but after an immense struggle was forced to tap out. The crowd booed MJF as his hand was raised in victory and EBWF went to commercial.

SEGMENT

When EBWF returned from commercial Renee Young was backstage with The Miz and Mickie James. Miz wore a sharp suit with sunglasses. Mickie stood at his side, admiring the World Championship on his shoulder.

Renee Young: Miz, I just want to thank you for your time here tonight. You undoubtedly heard Mr. Ikeda’s shocking announcement earlier. Austin Gunn is not medically cleared to compete and you currently don’t have an opponent for Fallout.

Miz shook his head.

The Miz: Show me the medical records.

Renee Young: I’m… sorry?

The Miz: Show me the nature of his injury. Because if you ask me, Austin Gunn isn’t injured. Austin Gunn is afraid, just like every single one of these mid-carders backstage. No one can touch me! I beat Chris Jericho, who is supposedly at his best! I have no intention of ever losing this title again, and Austin Gunn knew that. He knew that his goofy brother and his washed up daddy couldn’t save him. So show me the medical records, because as far as I’m concerned, Austin Gunn tucked tail and ran.

Mickie James: Let me just say, Renee, that my husband shouldn’t even have to defend the World Championship at Fallout if the number one contender can’t comp…

Mickie abruptly stopped talking as she looked up. Miz whipped off his sunglasses and Renee took a step back as Edge stepped into the frame. Renee kept her hand, holding the microphone, between the two of them. Miz gritted his teeth. Edge tapped the Gateway Championship on his shoulder, and wiggled his eyebrows before letting the left side of his mouth curl up in a grin.

Edge: Nah, that’d be way too easy, wouldn’t it?

His lips spread to a full smile and he sauntered away. Miz and Mickie looked aggravated as the scene faded to black.

MATCH FOUR

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it’s time for our main event… the Breakout Champion Xavier Woods takes on The Viper, Randy Orton!

Woods made his way to the ring first, followed by Randy Orton. The crowd cheered for both superstars as they headed to the ring. The referee called for the bell and the two men began circling one another, before locking up in the center of the ring. Orton put Woods in a side headlock, then as Woods tried to fight out of it, Orton whipped him against the ropes and hit a shoulder tackle. As Woods got to his feet, Orton went for an RKO, but Woods escaped and took Orton down with an arm drag, then applied an arm bar. Orton broke free and as both men got to their feet, Woods went to whip Orton against the ropes, but Orton reversed it, sending Woods against the ropes before hitting a snap scoop powerslam! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Woods kicked out! Orton pulled Woods to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then threw him out of the ring. Orton followed Woods to the outside, then lifted him up, hitting a back drop driver onto the announce table!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia!

Nigel McGuinness: Thank goodness the table didn’t break, Mauro!

Woods fell to the floor, clutching his back. Smiling sadistically, Orton dragged him to his feet and threw him back into the ring, then hit a jumping knee drop. He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted - 1… 2… Woods kicked out! Orton sat Woods up and applied a reverse chin lock. Woods fought out of it, hitting Orton with a series of elbows, then as both men got to their feet Woods worked the arm before hitting a dropkick to the shoulder. Woods followed up with a series of chops to the chest, then whipped Orton against the ropes before hitting a rolling elbow. As Orton got to his feet, Woods hit a flatliner, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Orton kicked out! Woods pulled Orton to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then stood on the second rope. He began punching Orton in the head as the crowd counted along - 1… 2… 3… 4… 5… 6… 7… 8… 9… before he could hit a 10th punch, Orton grabbed him, carrying Woods across the ring to the opposite corner then hitting a powerbomb into the turnbuckles!

Mauro Ranallo: What an impressive display of strength that was by Orton!

Nigel McGuinness: He’s continuing to target the back of Xavier Woods!

Orton set Woods up for the IEDDT, but Woods escaped and hit Orton with an armbreaker, then applied the Fujiwara armbar! Orton was able to get to the ropes, and the referee ordered Woods to break the hold. After breaking the hold, Woods pulled Orton to his feet and set him up for a suplex, but Orton blocked it, countering with a suplex of his own before hitting an inverted headlock backbreaker. Orton began punching the mat, signaling for the RKO. As Woods got to his feet, Orton grabbed him… but Woods blocked the RKO, shoving Orton against the ropes before hitting the Honor Roll! Both men got to their feet, and Xavier hit Lost in the Woods, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! Xavier Woods with a huge victory over the former World Champion!

The referee called for the bell and raised Xavier’s arm in victory. Woods celebrated as Warfare went off the air.