Warfare Results - 04/18/2022

Ben M

Warfare Results - 04/18/2022

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Warfare went live all over the world as the voices of Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness were broadcast over the airwaves.

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks! It’s time for Warfare.

The crowd cheered behind Nigel.

Nigel McGuinness: The King and Queen of the Ring tournaments start in just a few weeks on our way to Total Supremacy, and I have to tell you Mauro, I couldn't be more excited.

Mauro Ranallo: Two men who have a huge opportunity in that tournament are already in the ring here tonight. Let's hand it over to Christy Hemme for introductions.

Christy Hemme was standing in the middle of the ring when the camera focused on her.

Christy Hemme: This match is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from right here in Charlottesville, Virginia… Maven!

Maven threw his arms in the air, and the crowd cheered wildly for the hometown favorite.

Christy Hemme: And his opponent, residing in Hollywood, Florida, he is Dolph Ziggler.

The crowd gave a mixed reaction for the newcomer Ziggler as Christy left the ring. The bell rang and Ziggler landed several right hands before going for the Zig Zag, but Maven pushed him away. Maven got a big boot and took Ziggler down. He threw Ziggler into the corner. Maven landed a right hand. Maven went for a splash but Ziggler moved out of the way. Ziggler slammed Maven into the corner and followed up with some furious right hands. Maven fired back with a right hand of his own. Ziggler went to the ropes but Maven followed through with a spinning back elbow. He clotheslined Ziggler to the outside of the ring. Maven went to the outside. He lifted Ziggler up and threw him onto the chairs in the time keeper area.

Nigel McGuinness: Lots of aggression here from Maven.

They fought back into the ring, and Ziggler went for the Famouser. He covered but Maven kicked out. Ziggler threw hands, knocking Maven down. Ziggler went for another right hand but Maven hit him first and followed up with an elbow to the face. Maven hit him with the M-Plosion.

Mauro Ranallo: There's the cover!

3!

Nigel McGuinness: What an effort from Dolph Ziggler, but it wasn't enough to hold down Maven.

Maven's arm was raised in victory as the crowd cheered for him and a video package for Total Supremacy began to play.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from the commercial break, the entire arena started to fall into darkness slowly. It started off in sections from the middle and then it spread outwards like an infection until the entire arena was in complete darkness. Then all of a sudden, the tron sparked to life with a video package and the personal announcement system blasted “All About The Boom” as a single spotlight shined down upon the stage and standing on that stage was a hooded figure. That hooded figure started to walk and the spotlight followed him until he got to the ring. In the ring he threw back the hood and the lights returned, a microphone was in the man’s hand as the cameras caught the right angles to reveal that this was none other than Adam Cole and there was an angry look upon his face.

Adam Cole: XAVIER! XAVIER! OH…. Oh you know damn well why I am out here Xavier…. Last week was supposed to be my victory over your sorry ass but once again you proved to me just how much of a coward you are! You’re afraid of me Xavier and you damn well know it. Just admit it “King Woods” Because what kind of King abandons his people? What kind of king does not confront his problems HEAD ON?!

Adam Cole was obviously trying his hardest to speak whatever nonsense he could think of to further get in King Xavier’s head, however when it was clear that Xavier wasn’t coming out, Adam continued.

Adam Cole: Look at that, Charlottesville! Your King is scared! Your King doesn’t want anything to do with Adam Cole Bay Bay! Here’s the thing: Charlottesville, Virginia… Adam Cole is the best wrestler that your pathetic King has ever faced! I am the kind of opponent who will expose him for what he truly is… A damn fraud! Right Xav…

Before he can even finish Xavier’s name, the King answered the call out by sliding into the ring where he took it upon himself to stealthily crack Adam in the back of the head with the coveted Breakout Championship. Adam fell forward hard, obviously out cold. As the camera zoomed in, there was blood on the title meaning that Adam was busted open. Xavier then proceeded to grab a steel chair. He picked Adam up and leaned him in the corner where he slammed the steel chair into Adam’s face, this caused his forehead to split open. Adam’s eyes were dazed and then Xavier reached into his pocket to get out a pair of scissors, he held them up for the fans to see as they watched on in complete silence.

Xavier positioned Adam so that he could attempt to cut his hair. However, that's when “Shot ‘Em” blasted from the arena speakers, so Xavier threw Adam to the ground and as Adam tried to get to his feet, with the Bullet Club members watching on, Xavier delivered a devastating reverse STO right on top of the Breakout Championship. At this point, Prince Devitt leaped over the top rope from the ringside area and squared up in the ring to defend Adam as Xavier rolled out of the ring and quickly bailed into the crowd before the other members of the club could catch him. There was a smug grin on his face as he held the scissors up in the air, mouthing the words “I’ll get his hair soon!”

MATCH TWO

When Warfare returned from commercial, "Papercut" hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction for Alexa Bliss and Liv Morgan.

Nigel McGuinness: Both of these women are huge EBWF stars, Nigel. They've won the big one, and they've both had victories over Trish Stratus and Natalya.

Mauro Ranallo: That may be true, but they aren't the inaugural EBWF Women's Tag Team Champions and no one but Trish Stratus is the longest reigning Women's Champion in history.

Nigel McGuinness: Wes Ikeda write you that script?

Mauro Ranallo: Oh, ha-ha, Nigel.

"Beautiful...Dangerous...."

Slash's guitar riffs filled the arena as pink and silver pyro went off on the stage.

Mauro Ranallo: It's been a long time since we've heard this theme song, Nigel!

The crowd cheered as the pyro settled and Trish and Natalya stepped out onto the stage. They stood back to back before training their eyes to Liv and Alexa in the center of the ring. Morgan and Bliss rolled their eyes as the two of them headed down the ramp. Trish agreed to start, and Liv got out of the ring. Trish gave a little "Just Bring It" taunt in Alexa's direction and the crowd reacted with a loud "oooh!" As the bell rang, Trish knocked Alexa down. Alexa got up and landed some right hands onto Trish, but a hard right hand from Stratus knocked Alexa down. Alexa tagged Liv into the match. Trish picked Liv up, but Liv lands on her feet. The crowd cheered the athleticism as Liv jumped off the second rope but Trish knocked her down and tagged in Natalya.

Nigel McGuinness: Here comes the Iron Maiden. We saw her briefly in the Last Survivor match, but there might be a little ring rust to shake off here.

Natalya slammed Liv into the corner. She buried her fists into Liv's midsection but Liv knocked her back and tagged Alexa into the match. They double teamed Natalya as Trish tried to rally the crowd. Alexa landed some right hands and a snap mare. She ran to the ropes and tagged in Liv as the double team continued. Liv went for the cover...

Mauro Ranallo: Nattie kicks out! Just in the nick of time.

Trish stomped her foot in the corner getting the crowd to clap along. With Natalya down, Alexa was tagged back in and put Nattie in a headlock. Alexa went for the rollup but Natalya kicked out. Liv was tagged in. She tried to stomp on Natalya but Natalya moved out of the way. Natalya hit a back elbow, knocking Liv to the ground and the crowd moved to their feet as Natalya put on the Sharpshooter.

Mauro Ranallo: The crowd showing their appreciation here.

As Natalya sat deep into the Sharpshooter a "You Still Got It" chant went up from the crowd. Natalya wrenched back on both of Liv's knees before shouting back at the crowd, "I never lost it, baby!", which only morphed the chant into a roar of applause. Alexa had seen enough and came into the ring, hitting Natalya across the shoulders to break the hold. Alexa walked right into a drop toe hold, and Nattie dove toward her corner for the tag.

Mauro Ranallo: Natalya really wore Liv Morgan down there. Can Trish contend with Alexa?

Alexa got back up to her feet, and Liv was struggling on the ropes. Trish knocked both women down. Alexa rolled back to her corner, and Trish picked Liv up and tossed her into the turnbuckles. Alexa took that opportunity to tag herself in. Alexa got up on the second rope to catch Trish unawares but when she jumped off she fell right into the Chick Kick!

Nigel McGuinness: No, Alexa!

Trish hooked the leg.

3!

Mauro Ranallo: Trish Stratus and Natalya with a big win over Alexa Bliss and Liv Morgan here tonight.

Nigel McGuinness: All of these women will be in the Queen of the Ring Tournament and if you have to wonder if Trish's personal vendetta against Alexa Bliss will continue through June!

Nattie and Trish celebrated in the ring as EBWF went to commercial.

MATCH THREE

After a video package showing Britt Baker issuing an open challenge, “The Epic” hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as the EBWF Women’s Champion made her way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: And here comes the EBWF Women’s Champion, Britt Baker, who has issued an open challenge. Who will be brave enough to step up to face the Doctor?

When Baker was in the ring, she signaled for her music to be cut and began pacing back and forth, awaiting her opponent. After a couple of minutes, with no opponent in sight, she began to laugh. She asked ring announcer Christy Hemme for a microphone, and after she had been handed one she began to speak.

Britt Baker: Why am I not surprised? I offer the opportunity of a lifetime - a chance to step in the ring with Dr Britt Baker, DMD - and not a single person dares to challenge me. It just goes to show how much better I am than every other…

“Joy” by Santana and Chris Stapleton started playing across the arena.

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma mia, someone is answering the challenge!

Nigel McGuinness: But who?

Raquel Diaz stepped out onto the entrance ramp. The crowd cheered loudly.

Mauro Ranallo: It’s former Women’s Champion Raquel Diaz! Things just got interesting here in Virginia!

Nigel McGuinness: This may not be the challenge the Doctor was expecting.

Raquel turned her back to the camera to reveal Latina Heat embroidered on the back of her leather jacket. She spun and pumped her fist, shouting “let’s go” into the camera. She sprinted down to the ring and slid under the bottom rope. Diaz moved to the corner and hopped up onto the second rope. She got another loud pop from the crowd. The two women met in the center of the ring. They stared at one another intensely as the crowd got amped for the confrontation. Raquel broke away and walked to the ropes, calling for a microphone of her own. Britt waited somewhat impatiently, looking at a watch she wasn’t wearing. Raquel leaned back on the rope and smiled as she was handed the microphone.

Raquel Diaz: I’m proud of you Britt! You’re the kind of Champion I had hoped to inspire in this division. You’re the kind of woman not content to sit at the top of the ladder. You’re the kind of wrestler that wants to prove themselves constantly and consistently! I’m proud of you for extending an open challenge. But, I’m not here to bathe you in empty praise and tired cliches. I’m here to reclaim a title that was stolen from me! I’m here to accept your open challenge for the EBWF Women’s Championship!

The crowd popped at confirmation of a looming title match between the two women. Britt smiled, then patronizingly shook her head.

Britt Baker: Welcome back, Raquel! I’ve missed you around here lately… and so have these fans, clearly. But I’m afraid you misunderstood me last week. I issued an open challenge… but I didn’t say it was for the Women’s Championship. You know how it is, you have to earn a shot at the title.

Raquel Diaz: Earn a shot? Who in this company deserves a shot at the title if not me? Trish screwed me out of it to keep a grip on being the longest reigning Women’s Champion. I heard you say it yourself! Last week you were tough talk and bluster but now that a credible threat is standing eye to eye with you in the ring… Has perdido los nervios. You’re practically stumbling over yourself to get out of my way!

Britt Baker: Nervous? Me? Estas equivocada! You’re right, you do deserve a shot at this title… but I also deserve the right to be prepared for a title match. And let’s be honest, Britt Baker versus Raquel Diaz is a main event caliber match. Pay-per-view caliber, even. So how about you and I talk to Wes, and agree on a time and a place for this match?

Raquel looked toward the crowd as they chanted to have the match now. She nodded as she took a few steps around the ring.

Raquel Diaz: I agree that a match between the two of us should close out one of the greatest shows of the year. I agree that you deserve to be prepared for a challenge of my caliber. Perhaps springing my return on you is too much of what the old Women’s Division was built on. A division of shock and awe over substance and respect. I respect you and everything you’ve accomplished. EBWF has abandoned its connections to the old ways and it only makes sense that we do the same! So, when we decide on a time and place for our match, the marquee is going to read Champion Britt Baker versus Shaul Guerrero!

The crowd cheered and Raquel turned away from Britt to urge them on. Britt smiled, then grabbed Raquel/Shaul and shoved her down to the mat before putting her in the Lockjaw! Two referees ran to the ring, forcing Britt to break the hold.

Mauro Ranallo: What cowardly behavior by Britt Baker! So much for her being a fighting champion!

Nigel McGuinness: She’s being a smart champion, Mauro! She’s making sure her match against Shaul Guerrero gets the prominence it deserves!

As the referees checked on Shaul, Britt posed with the Women’s Championship, then made her way to the back.

MATCH FOUR

Mauro Ranallo: It’s time for our main event! The Breakout Champion Xavier Woods teams up with Chris Jericho to take on Adam Cole and Prince Devitt of the Bullet Club, and you have to wonder what condition Adam Cole is in after being busted open by Woods earlier!

“Shot ‘Em” by [Q]Brick hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Adam Cole and Prince Devitt made their way to the ring. Cole’s head was bandaged, but he was all smiles as he made his way down the ramp. When Cole and Devitt were in the ring, “New Day New Way” hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Xavier Woods stepped through the curtain. Woods was wearing the Breakout Championship, which was still stained with Adam Coles’ blood, over his shoulder. As Woods made his way down the ramp, Devitt and Cole exited the ring and charged towards Woods, beating him down. “Judas” by Fozzy hit and the crowd cheered as Chris Jericho ran out, coming to Xavier’s aid. Jericho hit Devitt with a series of punches, knocking him back down the ramp, then threw him into the ring before turning his attention to Adam Cole. Jericho turned around… and Cole hit him with a superkick! Cole then turned back to Xavier Woods, grabbing the Breakout Title and placing it on the floor before hitting Woods with a piledriver onto the title!

Mauro Ranallo: MAMMA MIA! That was vicious from Adam Cole… Xavier might be seriously hurt!

Nigel McGuinness: Cole is getting revenge for what happened earlier, Mauro!

The referee exited the ring and ran to check on Woods, then held his arms and made the X signal. A team of EMTs immediately rushed down the ramp, and after checking on Woods they put him on a stretcher. Cole laughed and waved him off, which seemed to anger Jericho. Jericho grabbed Cole from behind and threw him into the ring steps! Cole hit the steps head-first, and as the camera zoomed in on him, the bandage covering his head could be seen turning red.

Mauro Ranallo: Well Woods has been taken out, and now Adam Cole is bleeding… surely this tag match has to be ruled a no contest?

As another team of EMTs checked on Cole and tried to clean his head wound, the referee ordered Jericho to enter the ring. As Jericho entered the ring, Devitt tried to attack him, but the referee got between them, pushing them both towards their respective corners. As Jericho and Devitt stepped back, Adam Cole entered the ring, having been given the all clear from the EMTs. Cole joined Devitt and began pointing at Jericho, who looked ready to fight. The referee approached Jericho and began talking to him. Jericho could be heard yelling “start the match”, and the referee reluctantly called for the bell.

Nigel McGuinness: Well I guess this is going to be a handicap match unless Xavier Woods gets cleared by the EMTs!

As the bell rang, Cole moved onto the ring apron, allowing Devitt to start the match. Devitt charged towards Jericho and hit him with a running front dropkick, knocking him back into the corner. As Jericho hit the turnbuckles, Devitt pummeled him with a series of punches and kicks, then sat him on the top turnbuckle and hit a top-rope enzuigiri. Jericho fell to the mat, and Devitt stomped on him several times before dragging him to his feet and hitting a brainbuster. Devitt then turned Jericho over, putting him in the Fujiwara armbar. Jericho cried out in pain and tried to get to the ropes.

Mauro Ranallo: Notice Devitt didn’t try to pin Jericho there, he put him in the Fujiwara armbar instead. He doesn’t just want to beat Jericho… he wants to hurt him!

Jericho was able to get to the ropes and the referee ordered Devitt to break the hold. Devitt did so, and as he got to his feet Adam Cole called for the tag. Devitt dragged Jericho towards the corner and tagged in Cole, who climbed to the top rope and hit Jericho with the Panama Sunrise! He hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1… 2… Jericho kicked out just before the 3!

Nigel McGuinness: Jericho kicked out! I can’t believe it… and neither can Adam Cole!

Cole shook his head and got to his feet, yelling at the referee and telling him to count faster. Cole then sat Jericho up, lowered his knee pad and ran against the ropes, going for The Boom… but Jericho moved out of the way! As Jericho got to his feet, he grabbed Cole from behind, hitting a release German suplex, then grabbed him by the legs and put him in the Walls of Jericho! Cole tried to make his way towards the ropes, but Jericho dragged him back towards the center of the ring. Cole looked like he was going to tap out… but Prince Devitt entered the ring and hit Jericho in the back of the head, forcing him to break the hold! The referee ordered Devitt to exit the ring, and Devitt obliged, smirking as he did so. Cole got to his feet and grabbed Jericho, lifting him up onto his shoulders before hitting the ushigoroshi. Cole then tagged in Prince Devitt, who climbed to the top rope. Devitt signaled for the Coup de Grace… but Jericho rolled out of the way, then rolled Devitt up! The referee counted - 1… 2… Devitt kicked out! Both men got to their feet, and Devitt went for a clothesline, but Jericho ducked out of the way, then spun around and hit Devitt with the Judas Effect! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Adam Cole interrupted the count!

Mauro Ranallo: Once again, the Bullet Club make the most of their 2-on-1 advantage… and you have to wonder whether Jericho has any hope of winning this match on his own!

After hitting Jericho with a DDT, Cole dragged Devitt towards the corner, climbed back onto the ring apron and tagged himself in. Cole signaled for The Boom… but before he could hit it, “New Day New Way” hit and the crowd cheered as Xavier Woods ran to the ring!

Nigel McGuinness: Well I guess this match isn’t going to be a 2-on-1… assuming we get a match and not a repeat of the carnage we had last week!

While Cole was focused on Woods, Jericho took him down with a Russian legsweep, then crawled towards the corner as Woods climbed onto the ring apron. Jericho made the hot tag, and Woods ran across the ring, hitting Devitt with a big boot and knocking him off the apron. As Woods turned around, Adam Cole went for a superkick, but Woods ducked out of the way, then hit Lost in the Woods! He hooked the leg, and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3! The referee called for the bell and raised Xavier’s arm in victory. As Woods celebrated, the other members of Bullet Club rushed to the ring, but Woods quickly exited the ring and escaped through the crowd. Upon entering the ring, the Club helped Cole to his feet. Cole superkicked the ref, then could be heard yelling “I’ll get you Xavier!” as Warfare went off the air.