Specifically NOT an interview

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
TheDynasty

Specifically NOT an interview

Post by TheDynasty »

Richard Holliday was shown lecturing Jade Cargill in The Dynasty’s locker room. A Dynastic Coffee mug was conveniently placed in the foreground, in a not-at-all-product-placementy way. He was wearing a dynastic coffee branded T-shirt and standing in front of a framed Dynastic Coffee poster hanging on the wall. Jade was dressed in a green leather jacket and wrestling tights, smartphone in hand and a distracted look on her face.

Holliday: Look, Jade…merch sales are up, no doubt, that’s all fine and dandy, but we really need to be doing something about your interview technique. Maybe we could get you enrolled in some promo classes or something, because quite honestly, you’re killing me out there.

Jade: Do I look like I need to learn to talk trash to those peasants? I just go out there and kick their scrawny butts all over the ring, it’s all Gucci.

Holliday: Granted, you are considerable bigger and stronger than most of the women’s division…but that won’t always intimidate the opposition. You’ve got to get into their heads too to gain the advantage. Do you think Becky Lynch was scared of your size? We got you a slot on the Pulpit, and you only said one sentence about her, because you seemed to think your phone was more important. Now, don’t get me wrong, the Airpod God appreciates modern technology, but that was a wasted opportunity! Becky wasn’t scared of you, she went into that match confident in her ability and, quite frankly, she kicked your ass.

Jade stood up and moved towards Richard.

Holliday: Hey, calm down, I’m just telling you the truth…you need to be able to get a psychological edge over your opponent before you meet them in the ring. Make them second-guess themselves so there’s more chance of them making mistakes, then you capitalize on those mistakes. It’s a really simple concept. We have the Queen of the Ring coming up and you want to win, right?

Jade: My baddies will cheer me whether I win or lose, and EBWF will pay me whether I win or lose. As long as I see the green, it’s all good.

Holliday: You want green? Fine, I can talk Max into giving you a bonus each time you win. Is that motivating enough?

Jade smiled.

Jade: Now we’re talking the same language, Richy.

Holliday: Going back to the subject of language, I’m going to find you a promo coach. We’re going to have you delivering almost-average promos by the end of the month, you mark my words. It’s probably too short notice to get you saying anything remotely worthwhile before your match against Liv Morgan, but hopefully going forward you’ll be less…you.

Jade: I definitely don’t need to psych out Liv Morgan. That bitch, lower case B, because she ain’t THAT BITCH, she just that bitch, is already crazy enough without me saying anything to her. The best thing I can do is knock some sense into her crazy head.

Holliday: Yeah, I really thing there was at least one better, wittier way you could have made that point, but I get that you’re a work in progress. Just go out there and do what you do best…so not interviews.

Jade slapped Richard across his cheek as she walked out of the room, leaving him clutching his face in pain as the scene ended.