History Repeats Itself

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Marc

History Repeats Itself

Post by Marc »

Thus far, TH2 had been able to back up everything they've claimed. A successful debut was followed up by Angelico defeating Breakout Champion King Woods in his very first single's match. Now, his partner Jack Evans found himself with an equally promising opportunity: a chance to win the King of the Ring tournament. Never at a loss for words, Evans was primed to inform the viewing audience just why he was going to advance.

Jack Evans: Ladies! Gentleman! I stand before you in Alabama!

Jack spread his arms out wide while standing outside of the Legacy Arena, the venue for this week's Warfare.

Jack Evans: Home of! ..Of. Uh.

Evans removed his sunglasses and bit down on one of the resting hooks in thought.

Jack Evans: Nothing! There ain't shit here! Wait, wait! There is something here! Something monumental and note worthy! The beginning, the birth, THE starting point of my run as King of the Ring! Who exactly is going to be lucky enough to go down as my first victim? WHO is the lucky bastard who gets to have his name written down in the history books? Samoa Joe.

The high flyer's face scrunched up in displeasure.

Jack Evans: Joe! Did you not get enough the first time?! Did you really not accept your crushing defeat in the debut of TH2?! You really, REALLY think you've got some kinda chance now that it's one-on-one?! Listen, you dumbass, the result is gonna be exactly the same. Do you think I need Angelico to take care of the likes of you?! HAH! I laugh in your face, Joe!

He wagged a finger back and forth.

Jack Evans: Now listen. I know you're big. Way, way bigger than me! I know you're strong! Stronger than I could ever be! I've, unfortunately, had to take a look at your face so I know you've been in a few fights. Everyone knows that busted ass face of yours! You hit hard and you've been around the block! You can drive someone through the mat or force 'em into an unconscious state! But, but, but..you ain't doin' that to me, big man.

Jack took in a deep breath, he was definitely about to launch into a rant and with Angelico not around to stop him it could go on for hours.

Jack Evans: You won't be able to get your hands on me 'cause I'm too fast! I have innovated every, last, high flying move that exists! Every scrubby, little indie geek ripped off who? Me! Jack Evans from the Heavens! The master can be copied but never truly duplicated, Joe! On this huge, monster, GIANT stage, I'm gonna prove why no one in this business can handle what I can do! 450's, shooting stars, every direction possible, every rotation, anything you can think of, I can do it! So, lemme let you in on a little secret, Joe. I still can do stuff you ain't even seen before! I got stuff in my arsenal that you haven't even heard of! First round of the tournament, second, FINALS, it doesn't matter! I'm gonna make an example out of you..AGAIN!

He finally exhaled after that rapid fire use of oxygen.

Jack Evans: Let's give a quick recap. I know you people watching, the people of Alabama, and Joe himself are pretty stupid so I'll dumb it down. What is today's magic, secret word? HISTORY. H-I-S-T-O-R-Y. On Warfare, history repeats and begins! I know it's a tough concept for you dunce's to wrap your heads around so try to keep up. I get that big, fat, juicy dub and then I'm comin' for the crown! If you ain't figured it out yet, TH2 backs up everything we say. Need a reminder? Tune in to Warfare and I'll be happy to prove it again. And you KNOW THIS, man!

Jack smirked and nodded along with his boasting while drifting into his thoughts just as the scene began to conclude.

Jack Evans: Gotta talk to the production team and make sure they get my throne ready! Make it green and black and make it shoot lasers or some shit! Make it play our theme song and spin or somethin'!