Warfare Results 05/30/2022

Ben M

Warfare Results 05/30/2022

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks… it’s time for Warfare! We’ve got the final four matches in the first round of the King of the Ring tournament taking place tonight, and kicking things off we’ve got Matt Riddle in action as he takes on Maven!

“Hey Bro” hit and the crowd cheered as Matt Riddle made his way to the ring. Once Riddle was in the ring, “Tattoo” by Mercy Drive hit and Maven came out to a mixed reaction from the crowd. When Slater had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two men locked up. Maven applied a headlock, then hit Riddle with a series of punches, before whipping him against the ropes. As Riddle ran back towards him, Maven took him down with an arm drag, then hit a knee drop. He pulled Riddle to his feet and set him up for a suplex, but Riddle blocked it, countering with a suplex of his own. Both men got to their feet, and Riddle whipped Maven into the corner, before hitting a corner clothesline. As Maven staggered out of the corner, Riddle set him up for a bulldog, but Maven countered with a back drop.

Mauro Ranallo: Great counter by Maven!

Maven hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... Riddle kicked out! Maven pulled Riddle to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then went to whip Riddle into the corner… but Riddle reversed the Irish whip, sending Maven back into the corner. Riddle hit Maven with a series of punches, then sat him on the top rope and lifted him up, hitting a superplex!

Nigel McGuinness: That shook the ring!

Riddle hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... Maven kicked out! Riddle pulled Maven to his feet and set him up for the Bro to Sleep, but Maven blocked it, then hit a reverse STO. Maven pulled Riddle to his feet and set him up for the M-Plosion, but Riddle blocked it and got behind Slater, hitting a bridging German suplex. Both of Maven’s shoulders were down and the referee counted – 1... 2... Maven kicked out! Both men got to their feet, and Riddle set Maven up for Bro Derek… but Maven countered into a small package! The referee countered - 1… 2… Riddle kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: So close to a three count!

Both men got to their feet once more and Maven whipped Riddle against the ropes, before hitting a dropkick. As Riddle got to his feet, Maven moved to the corner and climbed to the top rope, going for the Halo DDT… but Riddle moved out of the way, then hit Maven with a superkick! As Maven fell to the mat, Riddle climbed to the top rope, before hitting the Floating Bro! He hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! Matt Riddle gets the victory, and he will take on Kevin Steen in the second round!

Riddle celebrated as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

When Warfare returned from commercial Alexa Bliss was in the ring which had the Moment Of Bliss set up.

Mauro Ranallo: It looks like we're about to have another episode of Moment Of Bliss.

Alexa was smiling as she raised her microphone to speak.

Alexa Bliss: So for the last month we've seen the annual King Of The Ring Tournament unfold here on Warfare, Some Wrestlers have advanced while others have had their dreams dashed for another year. But next week starts another annual tournament, the Queen Of The Ring.

Alexa paused as the crowd cheered.

Alexa Bliss: Eight women including yours truly will be competing and whoever wins at Total Supremacy will face Britt Baker for the EBWF Women's championship. My guest tonight will be one of the participants in this tournament, ladies and gentlemen please welcome.. Allysin Kay.

“Gangsta’s Paradise” by Coolio hit the PA System and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as the Baddest Bitch in the Building better known as Allysin Kay burst through the entrance curtain and made it to the ring with great haste while holding up her right arm and extending her right pinky.

Mauro Ranallo: Allysin Kay made her debut for this company last December when she answered an open challenge from Winter. Since then, she has dominated everyone she has stepped into the ring with.

Nigel McGuinness: Given how dominant she’s been since her debut, one would think that Allysin is one of, if not, the favorite to win the Queen of the Ring tournament.

Alexa Bliss: Thanks for joining me tonight, now we've all seen you do pretty good since you came here, my first question is how has your run been for you so far?

Allysin Kay: My run's just getting started, and my streak of dominance will only intensify. It doesn't matter who I face, because if you're foolish enough to stand before me then you'll fall before me. It could be anyone. It could be Becky Lynch or it could be you. Everyone's a target, and everyone will learn that AK don't play.

Alexa smirked at Allysin's words.

Alexa Bliss: It could be me huh, well that's some strong words to say to somebody who is not only a two time EBWF Women's Champion but is also a two-time Royal Rumble winner.

Allysin Kay: Your accolades are meaningless to me. They mean nothing to me. Who did you beat to become Women's Champion? Two nobodies that have no business in my ring. Like them, you have no business in my ring. You're nothing more than a cheap, interchangeable waste of space. You're a garnish. You're a throwback to how women's wrestling used to be, and I mean that in a bad way. You remind me of how horrible women's wrestling was in the late 1990s. Your success is because of your looks just like those women back then. The successes that I've had and will have are because of the hard work I put in.

The crowd didn't like that one bit and started booing Allysin.

Allysin Kay: I can guarantee you that if we face each other in this tournament, I will drop you.

Alexa had a look of anger on her face as she took in Allysin's words.

Alexa Bliss: My looks, MY LOOKS?

Alexa shook her head.

Alexa Bliss: You're just like all the other people who hate me, you think my looks are the only thing that defines me. You think that because I have good looks that that's the only reason I have been successful. My entire life I've always had people like you look down on me and say that I am nothing and guess what I prove them wrong, so if we face off in this tournament then I will PROVE YOU WRONG.

Allysin Kay: You weren't signed because of your talent or your ability. You were signed because you had a certain look. You were signed because you appeal to the lowest common denominator. You were signed because you appealed to the fat, out-of-shape, overweight, impotent basement dwellers that haven't had pussy since pussy had them.

The crowd booed Allysin and this got her attention.

Allysin Kay: You all know it!

Alexa Bliss: Well if you think you're better than me, why don't we go at it right here right now?

The crowd cheered in anticipation of the two women going at it.

Allysin Kay: Gladly, you sawed-off midget.

As soon as she said those words Allysin nailed Alexa in the head with the microphone causing her to fall to the mat and Allysin got on top of her before punching her over and over again.

Mauro Ranallo: Allysin got Bliss with a cheap shot and now she's raining down punches.

Nigel McGuinness: Allysin is looking to make a statement before the Queen Of The Ring tournament.

Allysin got to her feet and began to taunt the crowd who reacted negatively. While Kay's back was turned Alexa got to her feet and when Allysin turned around The Goddess took her down and began to punch her.

Mauro Ranallo: Alexa is paying her back with those punches.

Eventually, security came down and separated the two giving Allysin time to bail out of the ring. Christian Cage and Liv Morgan also entered the ring to calm Alexa down.

Allysin backed up the ramp, watching Alexa as she had a conniption. She smirked and yelled at Alexa.

Allysin Kay: You got no chance! No chance, bitch!

Allysin made her way to the back as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH TWO

As Warfare returned from the commercial break, Colten Gunn made his way to the ring for the next match, followed by Aiden English. After several minutes of back and forth action, the two men took their fight to the outside. As Gunn and English brawled on the ramp, the referee began counting them out. English hit Gunn with the Director’s Cut on the ramp, then ran back to the ring… but he was unable to get back in the ring before the 10 count, and the referee called for the bell. As English argued with the referee, the camera cut to Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at ringside.

Mauro Ranallo: Well this match has ended in a double countout… which is good news for Christian Cage, as that means he gets a bye in the second round and advances to the quarter finals!

SEGMENT

The show cut to the backstage area, where Renee Young was standing beside Britt Baker.

Renee Young: Good evening, EBWF Universe! My guest at this time is the Women’s Champion, Doctor Britt Baker, DMD. Britt, I’d like to ask you about the Queen of the Ring tournament, but first I’ve got to ask about the events that took place on Warfare a few weeks ago, when you attacked your friend and tag team partner, Leva Bates.

The crowd booed at the mention of Baker turning on Bates, but Baker didn’t react to it. She raised an eyebrow at Renee inquisitively, but otherwise her face was expressionless.

Britt Baker: What do you want to know, Renee?

Renee Young: Well the obvious question is… why did you do it?

Britt Baker: Actually Renee, I think the real question is why didn’t I do it sooner? Leva Bates was supposed to have my back, but every time I asked for her help, she let me down. I got tired of watching her fail, so I decided to do something about it. I broke up Team B&B, and now she’s gone from EBWF. You won’t be seeing her again. I can’t say she’ll be missed.

Renee Young: Leva was helped by the former Women’s Champion, Shaul Guerrero, who has made it clear that she’s after your Women’s Championship. Shaul is one of the eight women entering the Queen of the Ring tournament, which starts next week. How are you feeling about the prospect of defending your title against Shaul if she wins?

Britt Baker: That’s a big if, Renee. There are eight women in the tournament… honestly, it’s kinda disrespectful of you to focus on Shaul. What about the other women in Queen of the Ring? What about Trish Stratus, Natalya, Becky Lynch, Allysin Kay, Jade Cargill?

Renee Young: You forgot to mention Liv Morgan and Alexa Bliss…

Baker smirked.

Britt Baker: That’s because they don’t matter. Anyway, in answer to your question… if Shaul Guerrero wins the tournament, then I will look forward to facing her and defending my championship. People seem to think I’m afraid of her, because I refused to give her a title match. I’m absolutely not afraid, I just wanted her to earn her shot. If she earns it by becoming the Queen of the Ring at Total Supremacy, great! If she doesn’t… then that bitch will have to wait at the back of the line.

“That bitch?!”

A voice could be heard off camera. Suddenly Jade Cargill walked up to Britt Baker.

Jade Cargill: Excuse me, Britt… I’m that bitch. You shouldn’t be worrying about Shaul Guerrero, it’s me you should be worried about. Because I’m winning that tournament, and when I do, I’m coming for you.

Cargill got in Baker’s face, then walked off as the show cut back to Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at ringside.

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: Still to come, we’ve got Chris Jericho versus Prince Devitt in our main event… but first, Randy Orton takes on D-Von Dudley!

D-Von Dudley made his way to the ring first, followed by Randy Orton. When both men were in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Orton wasted no time getting started, charging towards D-Von and hitting him with a series of punches. Orton then whipped D-Von against the ropes, before hitting him with a clothesline. As D-Von got to his feet, Orton hit an inverted headlock backbreaker, then stomped on him repeatedly. Orton pulled D-Von to his feet and lifted him up, hitting a gutwrench elevated neckbreaker, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... D-Von kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: A strong start from Randy Orton!

Orton pulled D-Von to his feet and dragged him towards the corner, then went to slam his head against the turnbuckle. D-Von grabbed the ropes, blocking it, then hit Orton with a series of punches before slamming his head off the turnbuckle. As Orton staggered backwards, D-Von went to the top rope, then hit Orton with a diving clothesline. As Orton got to his feet, D-Von hit him with some more right hands, then whipped him against the ropes before hitting a running leaping shoulder block. Both men got to their feet and D-Von hit a swinging neckbreaker, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Orton kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Another near fall! This time D-Von Dudley gets the two count!

Nigel McGuinness: What an upset it would be if he can beat Randy Orton, Mauro!

D-Von got to his feet and stomped on Orton several times, then dragged him to his feet and set him up for a powerbomb. Orton countered with a back body drop, then as D-Von got back to his feet, Orton hit an inverted headlock backbreaker. Orton then began pounding the mat, signaling for the RKO! The crowd cheered in anticipation, and as D-Von got to his feet, Orton grabbed him, slamming his head down onto the mat with the RKO! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! Randy Orton gets the victory!

SEGMENT

King Xavier was shown walking in the backstage area, before KC Navarro, MJF and Alex Kane ambushed him from behind some boxes.

Mauro Ranallo: The Dynasty with a vicious assault on the Breakout Champion!

Nigel McGuinness: Well KC Navarro is facing King Xavier in the next round, and it looks like they're trying to gain the advantage here.

Mauro Ranallo: They need it against King Xavier, Nigel. So far this year he's eliminated MJF from the Last Survivor match, eliminated him from the chamber and beaten him in a title match with Richard Holliday as the referee. Not to mention eliminating Alex Kane from the King of the Ring tournament.

Nigel McGuinness: Okay, okay, The Dynasty don't have the best record against King Xavier, but you know as well as I do that Richard Holliday didn't make that decision, despite being the appointed referee.

Alex Kane hit an overhead belly to belly suplex, throwing King Xavier into a steel shutter. Before The Dynasty could do any further damage, they were chased from the scene by Hook and Taz.

Mauro Ranallo: MJF running like the coward he is from his next round opponent.

MATCH FOUR

As Warfare returned from commercial break, “You’re the Best” by Joe Esposito hit and the crowd booed as Prince Devitt headed to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it’s time for our main event… the final match in the first round of this year’s King of the Ring tournament! The 12-time EBWF World Champion and former King of the Ring, Chris Jericho, takes on the leader of the Bullet Club, Prince Devitt!

Nigel McGuinness: There’s a lot of pressure on Devitt in this match, Mauro. All the other members of Bullet Club lost their first round matches, so this is their last chance to earn a spot in the second round… but he will have a difficult task beating Chris Jericho, especially knowing that Jericho beat him when they went one on one a couple of months back!

When Devitt was in the ring, “Judas” by Fozzy hit and the crowd cheered as Chris Jericho stepped out onto the stage. The crowd sang along as Jericho made his way down the ramp. After Jericho had entered the ring, his music was cut and the referee called for the bell. Jericho went for a lockup, but Devitt shoved him away and hit Jericho with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As Jericho ran back towards him, Devitt went for a clothesline… but Jericho ducked out of the way, then grabbed Devitt from behind, hitting a release German suplex. Both men got to their feet and Jericho whipped Devitt into the corner, then hit him with a series of backhand chops. Jericho sat Devitt on the top rope, setting him up for a frankensteiner… but Devitt countered with a sitout powerbomb! He hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1… 2… Jericho kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: A great counter there by Devitt! Jericho was able to get the shoulder up, but he looks to be in a lot of pain.

As Jericho got to his feet, he was clutching his back, and the referee asked if he was okay to continue. Jericho nodded, and the referee stepped aside. Devitt hit Jericho with a series of punches, then went to whip Jericho against the ropes… but Jericho reversed it, sending Devitt into the ropes before taking him down with a one-handed bulldog. Jericho followed up with the Lionsault, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Devitt kicked out! Jericho got to his feet and grabbed Devitt by the legs, going for the Walls of Jericho, but Devitt kicked him away and got to his feet. Devitt then ran at Jericho, hitting him with a slingblade, before lifting him up and hitting a brainbuster. He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Jericho kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Another near fall for Devitt!

Devitt pulled Jericho to his feet and set him up for the 1916… but Jericho blocked it, then hit a Codebreaker! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Devitt kicked out! Jericho pulled Devitt to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As Devitt ran back towards him, Jericho spun around and went for the Judas Effect… but Devitt ducked out of the way, then hit Jericho with the Pele Kick! As both men got to their feet, Devitt whipped Jericho into the corner, then hit him with a running front dropkick. As Jericho fell to the mat, Devitt climbed to the top rope and went for the Coup de Grace… but Jericho rolled out of the way! Jericho got to his feet and grabbed Devitt by the legs, putting him in the Walls of Jericho! Devitt tried to get to the ropes… but Jericho dragged him to the center of the ring!

Mauro Ranallo: Devitt looks like he’s in trouble here… is he going to tap out?

The referee asked Devitt if he wanted to submit, but the leader of the Bullet Club shook his head and tried once again to get to the ropes. He couldn’t reach them and Jericho increased the pressure on the hold, causing Devitt to cry out in pain. Just when it looked like Devitt was going to submit, Adam Cole ran down the ramp and tried to enter the ring! The referee stopped him, but while his back was turned Bad Luck Fale entered the ring, attacking Jericho! After pummeling Jericho with a series of punches, Fale grabbed him by the throat and lifted him up, hitting the Choke Lariat Slam! Fale then exited the ring and crouched down beside the ring, keeping out of the referee’s sight. Adam Cole climbed down from the ring apron as Devitt draped an arm over Jericho. The referee counted - 1… 2… Jericho kicked out just before the 3!

Nigel McGuinness: Jericho kicks out! I don’t believe it!

Devitt got to his feet and stomped on Jericho several times, then pulled him to his feet and hit the 1916! He considered going for the cover, but shook his head and climbed to the top rope, then hit the Coup de Grace! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! Prince Devitt gets the win, but you have to wonder if things would have been different had Adam Cole and Bad Luck Fale not gotten involved…

As the referee called for the bell, Cole and Fale entered the ring, raising Devitt’s arms up in victory. The three men celebrated together as Warfare went off the air.