Nowhere to Run

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Nowhere to Run

Post by Ben M »

OOC: Good luck Cal!

The scene opened at the Create A Pro wrestling academy in Long Island, New York. The last time EBWF had sent a cameraman here, Hook had put him in his signature submission hold – Redrum – so it was understandable that the cameraman was nervous. The camera could be seen shaking, and Taz could be heard reassuring the cameraman off camera.

Taz: Relax, Mitch. Nothing will happen to you, you have my word. What happened to your colleague was a one-time thing... Hook was proving a point. He doesn’t need to attack any more cameramen to show how tough he is...

Laughing, Taz pointed towards his son, who was in the ring with a trainee wrestler. The camera zoomed in as Hook and the trainee locked up. Within seconds, Hook had the trainee in Redrum, and the trainee tapped out almost immediately. Hook released him, shrugged, then rolled out of the ring and opened a bag of potato chips. The cameraman turned his attention to Taz, who began to speak.

Taz: Do you know what you saw just now, Mitch? You saw an example of Hook’s motivation in the ring. He wants one thing, and one thing only... to win. This isn’t “sports entertainment”, this is professional wrestling. And that’s exactly what Hook is... a pro. He walks in, gets the job done, walks out again. Brian Myers and Pat Buck set up this school to do exactly that – create pro wrestlers. It’s in the name, literally. And yet one of the school’s first graduates – Maxwell Jacob Friedman – doesn’t want to be a pro wrestler. He’ll say he does, he’ll say it’s what he’s always wanted to be, but the truth is what he really wants is to be a sports entertainer. Because MJF is a showman, pure and simple. His motivation isn’t wrestling, or winning. It’s about the money. MJF wants to be a star, and that’s why he spends so much of his time talking. Now don’t get me wrong, the guy has charisma to burn. There’s a reason the company I’m not supposed to mention is desperate to sign him, and to be honest, I think deep down that’s where MJF really wants to be too. That’s why you can still find his audition tape on YouTube, when a young Maxwell wanted to show you he was “tough enough”.

Taz used finger quotes for those last two words, then shook his head.

Taz: He still tries to pretend he’s a tough guy now, even though he’s surrounded himself with a posse to protect himself. What happened when he came close to a real tough guy, huh Hook?

Hook looked over at his father and grinned.

Hook: He ran.

Taz: You’re damn right he did. But this Monday on Warfare, there will be nowhere to run Maxwell. Not if you’re serious about wanting to win the King of the Ring tournament, and get that World Title shot you claim you deserve. You kept asking Wes to send Hook, and the stars have aligned for the two of you to step into the ring together. I’m looking forward to it... so is Hook. But I bet you’re shitting your pants, aren’t you kid? You know this will be the toughest match you’ve had in your career. You know that you will need the help of your “Dynasty” to even stand a chance. And you know that it doesn’t matter how much you run your mouth in the build up to this match, that when that bell rings Hook is going to shut you up. Ain’t that right Hook?

Hook: I might even break his jaw, do the world a favour!

Taz chuckled.

Taz: Now that would be something. For real though Maxwell, give us your best insults. Try and make Hook and I laugh. Because I promise you, when you step into the ring with Hook, you sure as hell won’t be laughing. You’ll try and make a show of things, because that’s what you do. But when Hook is done with you, the show will be over and so will your time in this tournament.

Taz nodded to the cameraman, indicating that they were done.