Fresh Cut

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ashlee
Site Admin

Fresh Cut

Post by Ashlee »

The scene opened backstage at the Heritage Bank Center. Renee Young was shown standing in the hallway in front of the Rated RKO locker room.

Renee Young: Good evening EBWF Fans. I’m Renee Young coming to you live for this Youtube Exclusive. I am hoping to get a word with the Gateway Champion, one half of the EBWF Tag Team Champions, the Rated R Superstar Edge.

She knocked.

Renee Young: Tonight, Edge faces EBWF newcomer Max Caster and…

The door opened. Edge was wearing a Rated RKO vs. Everybody t-shirt and spotted Renee. He stepped out into the hallway.

Edge: Let me guess, Renee. You want to talk to me about my haircut.

Renee Young: It is a pretty great haircut. Twitter has certainly had a lot to say about it, but no. I wanted to ask you about your round two match against Max Caster tonight.

Edge: Oh, is that what this is about? The King of the Ring tournament?

Renee Young: Yes, I…

Edge: Are you serious? Is this Youtube?

Renee Young: Yes, this is Youtube.

Edge: Good, then we can bleep this in post. What fucking week is this without the EBWF World Champion Bray Wyatt? Randy and I bitched about this once before and that was at least four weeks ago! And you’re asking me about Max Caster? I’m facing a rapper! In 2022? Every match I have it’s like I’m in a god damn time machine. I thought Paul London’s gimmick was a joke, but maybe the guy has the right idea.

Renee Young: We found out last week that the winner of your match with Max Caster will go on to face Matt Riddle.

Edge smirked.

Edge: Seems the new kids are just taking over EBWF aren’t they? Listen whether it’s Matt Riddle or Max Caster, it doesn’t matter. It’s always the same Renee. It’s always Edge in the semi-finals. Can’t be helped. And it’s not because I have anything against Max Caster or Bowens or whomever. It’s because I’m one of the most decorated, most talented, most celebrated wrestlers in EBWF history. All these years later and these wrestlers, young and old, can’t figure me out. So I just keep winning. I keep grabbing that brass ring. I keep bringing home all the gold. And this year, I’m going to go ahead and make myself King of the Ring too.

Renee Young: If you win the King of the Ring tournament will you vacate the Gateway Championship?

Edge laughed.

Edge: I don’t know if you’ve noticed, Renee, but I kind of do whatever I want. So no, not likely. I’ll have the crown, and all the gold, and I don’t intend to vacate anything at all. Call me selfish, but I’m the one putting butts in seats after all. It certainly isn’t our no show world champion. WHERE IS HE, PAUL? Where is your monster? Hiding in the shadows for weeks. Coming after me and Randy like it was his job. Just to win the title and turn the house lights out and disappear to his own laugh track? That was your master plan? Just leave me and Randy to be megastars every week while your identity disordered psycho sits at home. Brilliant. Honestly, your best work. Haven’t missed a step since ECW, obviously.

Edge’s voice dripped with sarcasm as he rolled his eyes.

Edge: In case you haven’t noticed Renee, I’m on a mission to get the gold off of Bray Wyatt, and whether I have to do it or Randy does it… and the next step to make that a reality is to beat Max Caster. Someone nobody heard of until a couple of weeks ago. Someone nobody cares about. Someone who considers himself, what? Better than MVP and edgier than John Cena? What is this gimmick infringement? Who did Caster beat to get into this tournament anyway?

Renee Young: He beat Adam Cole in the first round.

Edge: Well that tells you everything you know. Who’s the last guy Adam Cole beat. Can anyone tell me?

Edge looked from Renee to the cameraman and then shrugged his shoulders.

Edge: I’m not just some dude more interested in my stable buddies than winning matches, Max. So this isn’t going to be smooth sailing for you. Not in the slightest. In fact, Renee, yo listen…

He smirked.

Edge: …when I beat Max Caster tonight? It’s going to be so expected, such a non event, that the only thing anyone will be tweeting about is my haircut.

Edge flashed Renee a smile and turned to retreat back into his locker room as the scene faded to black.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote