Step Up

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Step Up

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened backstage at Warfare, where Chris Jericho was stood with Alex Marvez.

Alex Marvez: Good evening, EBWF fans! My guest at this time is the 12 time EBWF World Champion, Chris Jericho. Chris, tonight you’re competing in the main event, going one on one with fellow Canadian, Kevin Steen. Before we discuss your match tonight though, I’d like to discuss what happened at Total Supremacy. You answered Hook’s challenge, and…

Jericho cut him off.

Chris Jericho: I answered Hook’s challenge, we had one hell of a match, and I got choked out. What is it you’re wanting to know, Alex? Do you want to know how I’m feeling? Physically, I feel fine. I’ve had time to recover. Mentally… yeah, I don’t like that I lost, but that’s how I feel after every loss. It doesn’t make a difference to me that Hook was the guy who beat me. When Hook’s father Taz said that Hook has the potential to be a bigger star than Taz ever was, he was right on the money. Hook has huge potential, there’s no doubting that. So while I am still a little pissed about losing, I can accept that the better man won. Let me make one thing clear though, Marvez. Hook may have been the better man that night, but if we have a rematch… nay, when we have a rematch… it will be a different story.

At that moment, Hook walked past Jericho. Jericho stopped him, and the two men stared one another down. Jericho smiled, and extended his hand. Hook ignored it, and walked away. Jericho looked angry, and there was an awkward moment before he turned his attention back to Alex Marvez.

Alex Marvez: Anyway, let’s discuss your match with Kevin Steen tonight…

Jericho nodded.

Chris Jericho: Yeah Alex, let’s. Tonight is not about Hook, it’s about Steen. Kevin Steen is my opportunity to regain momentum after losing to Hook at Total Supremacy, and being eliminated from the King of the Ring tournament by Prince Devitt. I’m not even going to talk about the fact that Bullet Club screwed me in that match… mark my words Bullet Club, I haven’t forgotten and there will be consequences, but tonight is about Steen. Kevin Steen and I have fought each other several times over the years… perhaps most memorably in that hellacious TLC4 match at Christmas Eve of Destruction back in 2015. There will be no “explosives” tonight though, Marvez… because the Kevin Steen that we’re seeing in EBWF right now is a shadow of the man who was once referred to as the Prizefighter, the man who they called wrestling’s worst nightmare. Kevin, you returned to EBWF at Christmas Eve of Destruction last year. Six years to the day since our show-stealing TLC4 match. You tried to make an impact by… beating up MVP? No one cares about MVP! And since then, you’ve done nothing of note. The biggest impact you’ve made in EBWF since you returned is to our catering budget. And I’m not trying to body shame you, Kevin - you may not have the look they like in Stamford, but just like Eddie Kingston, you’ve proved that having a gut doesn’t mean you can’t go in the ring. Hell, towards the end of last year I wasn’t in great shape, but after I lost my World Title to The Miz I worked hard and got myself looking sexy as hell…

Jericho lifted up his shirt, revealing his very toned abs to reinforce his point.

Chris Jericho: That’s the difference between you and me, Kevin. And I don’t mean that I’m in much better shape than you… I mean that, unlike me, you’re not willing to put the work in. You reverted back to using the Steen name to try and reclaim your past glories, but unless you can hone in on that killer instinct you showed back in Ring of Honor and PWG, you’re not going to be claiming anything else. I’ve been wrestling for over 30 years, and even now I’m in by 50s, I’m still one of the best. Do you want to leave a legacy like mine, Kevin? Then it’s time to step up! Let’s see that fight Steen fight, kill Steen kill attitude… because otherwise, you don’t stand a chance against me.

Jericho walked away, leaving Alex Marvez to bring the segment to a close.