Rhea Ripley's Official Debut

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Rhea Ripley

Rhea Ripley's Official Debut

Post by Rhea Ripley »

A low heroic music plays in the background as the scene fades in from black. It begins on a slightly angled shot of a nicely kept large office building. We see a well-maintained lawn and trees surrounding the building as the EBWF flag waves on top of the large frame. Clearly, we can make out this is the EBWF headquarters located in St Louis, Missouri. Unexpectedly, the Law-and-Order theme begins to play as we hear a typewriter type the letters at the bottom of the screen: “Scene. EBWF World Headquarters. 5 PM. 2022. Normal Day in the Office.” Many long-term fans at home already disregard the scene as it is clearly one of the commercials that was made earlier this year and has played through the year on and off parodying classic scenes of television promoting the EBWF. This commercial being the Law-and-Order parody with the wrestlers defending themselves as non-violent people. As the commercial continues, about to transition from the shot of the office building to begin the parody, the scene begins to morph before our eyes. Cigarette burns interrupt dissolving the faces of the wrestlers on screen. Moments later the feed burns leaving a pure white screen that blindingly overtakes our senses. The screen settles for just a moment before we see a flashing combination of lights make the face of Rhea Ripley deviously smiling in front of a black background. In these few moments of seeing Ripley on screen the camera goes through multiple edits rapidly. The screen flips upside down as the flashing lights distort Rhea’s face before solidly coming together and Rhea’s expression changes to one of anger. The flashing and merging lights then quickly show a skull overlaying Rhea’s face for an instant before coming back to normal with Rhea’s tongue now out and her face now lowered in darkness. The next edit happening even quicker in these few seconds as a distortion splits Rhea’s likeness to be an image overlaying an image before merging back to normal and then having her image shift from mirrored to non-mirrored in quick succession before ultimately a blur overtakes the screen. We hear a low guitar rift that gradually increases in volume as the effects happen so quickly that our senses become distorted.

Suddenly, the scene fades to black, as the camera transitions for only an instant showcasing the fans in the Honda Center on their feet with the lights dimming on the crowd. Loud cheers of anticipation overtake the aura of the arena before we hear that same unfamiliar gong we heard from Rhea’s segment last week. This is highlighted by a guitar rift as another gong happens in rhythm. The fans are surprisingly still vocal in this darkness. We then hear drum symbols and the beat in bass combining an actual bass and bass drum hitting to accent the gong and guitar. This continues for about fifteen seconds before we hear the rest of the drums kick into the beat. Chants from the music come in play in unison with the drums as we hear “Hail! Hail!” now in rhythm in accent to the gongs. Simultaneously, strobe lights all flash throughout the arena mirroring a rock concert subtly encouraging fans to chant along. The fans partake as the scene overtakes the speakers for the following ten seconds. In that moment we hear a throaty scream with the lights all around the arena flickering to match the tone of the voice! The crowd all cheer as once the voice stops the scream, all the strobe lights go to the center of the stage revealing Rhea Ripley standing with her head down! The audience is on their feet as we hear “Rh-ea! Rh-ea!” chants throughout the building overtaking the music, distorting the audio. Some lights around the boundaries of the arena faintly turn on here giving possibility for a wide camera shot allowing visual evidence that the packed house tonight is on their feet at the sight of the officially debuting Ripley. The camera catches a few people running down the aisle to return to their seat misled by the earlier commercial introduction.

Mauro Ranallo: “Talk about an introduction! Don’t mess with your television sets at home, we are back here on Warfare and Rhea Ripley has entered the EBWF shaking up even the commercial breaks! Rhea Ripley has this house rocking all the way to Disneyland Resort!”

Nigel McGuinness: “And it is no surprise! We saw this woman literally tear down a building last week to get here!”

The camera transitions back to a closeup shot on the rampway as the lyrics for “Hail to the King” begin just as Rhea viciously and exaggeratedly stomps on the metal frame beneath her. Smoke arises from the base of the set as the titantron shows “The Reaper” Rhea Ripley in a heavily designed graphical text. Rhea Ripley raises her head with an ominous smile on her face! The camera zooms in on her face causing the fans to only grow louder. The lights are no longer blinding as a steady low purple light overlays the arena and enhances the spotlight so that we can detail Rhea’s appearance tonight. She is wearing a dark black suit with the blazer adorned in silver webbed stripes. As Rhea looks up, glancing around the arena, she raises her eyebrow in a look of arrogance - a look that choregraphs that she knows she has these people captivated. Rhea’s expression becomes more neutral as she begins making her way down the entrance ramp. The camera then transitions to showcase the lovely Christy Hemme standing in the ring with microphone in hand.

Christy Hemme: “Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome at this time from Adelaide, South Australia, she is ‘The Reaper’, Rhea Ripley!”

The camera cuts back to Ripley with the EBWF Warfare graphic showing her name and nickname above.

Nigel McGuinness: “Rhea looks every bit the part this evening of a coming star in the EBWF! She has what looks like a tailored suit and these people just seem to adore what she did.”

“Wel-come Rh-ea!” chants now echo throughout the arena causing a smirk across the face of Ripley. As Nigel stated, the crowd seems enamored with Rhea given the news of what she did and how she rejected WWE. Oddly, Rhea doesn’t interact much with the fans, but this hasn’t deterred the people from showing their support to one of EBWF’s newest wrestlers. As Rhea makes her way from the bottom of the rampway to the ringside area, the camera transitions from a shot facing her to a shot from the hard camera of the right side of the ring. Rhea makes her way calmly around to that position. The camera transitions to the fans around the arena still surprisingly on their feet before showing a closeup shot of Rhea’s face, as she now is kneeling on the apron and the spotlights around the arena are all on her. Licking her teeth slowly and a smile again creeping on her face, Rhea stands to her feet as she poses crossed arms above her heard with the devil’s horns signaled from her fingers. The crowd all cheer, some even caught in camera shot doing the pose with her as the camera again transitions to the hard camera capturing this scene.

Mauro Ranallo: “And for all those people doubting the impact of this woman, look at this scene right here! Talk about EBWF fans embracing their own! There is not one person who is not on their feet in appreciation of this woman tonight! These people are the engine that attracts wrestlers from all around the world to want to be part of the EBWF! Oh my god, what a sight!”

Rhea makes her way into the ring as the music fades and the lights brighten in the arena in unison returning to normal. Chants around the arena erupt of “You deserve it” as the camera moves around the scene. Showing Rhea looking around the audience before turning and making her way to Christy Hemme. With a smile, Christy offers her microphone to Rhea reacts with a slightly gentle smile. Rhea quickly changes expression to a genuinely devious grin! Before fans could react to the change, viciously, Rhea grabs the microphone from Hemme’s hands having the announcer react by saying off mic “ow!” and looking at her hands. The chants and cheers abruptly die.

Mauro Ranallo: “What the hell?!”

Rhea Ripley: “How stupid can you people be?! First, let’s start with you.”

Boos are already beginning to creep into the arena as Rhea raises her hand presenting Christy Hemme.

Nigel McGuinness: “Wait a second here, we may need some help!”

Rhea Ripley: “These people may not realize who you are, but I do! I know who you are, former two-time EBWF Women’s Champion, Christy Hemme! But see, Christy, do you REALLY think you are safe because you now wear a skimpy dress you got from Wal-Mart and hide behind that microphone for a living?”

There is a stunned silence as Rhea doesn’t miss a beat, continuing.

Rhea Ripley: “Do yourself a favor, for now at least, and protect yourself by making yourself disappear from MY ring! These parts are dangerous for women like you. Especially seeing how I have heard you fancy yourself a bit of a legendary figure here. I’d advise you go for your own protection. And do be careful: you could twist an ankle, fall on your head, break your back – I mean one wrong move and someone’s career, even as a talking head, could be over in an instant!”

The camera closes in on Rhea’s face at the last line as she squints her eyes very briefly and her face clearly telling the tale before quickly transitioning to Christy’s face with a wide-eyed look. The blatant threat is clear. The crowd, still in shock, as a single fan loudly can be heard screaming “Kick her ass, Christy!” However, not foolish of her current role and expectations, Christy’s eyes go back to normal as she visibly gulps and raises her hands in peace. She can be seen saying “I am just here as an announcer; I don’t mean you any harm! I’ll just get out of your way.” The crowd loudly boos. It is clear Rhea isn’t who they expected her to be from the news about her. As Christy turns her back, a loud gasp enters the arena! Rhea moves towards the announcer, surprisingly fast for her size, and all her evil intent could be felt! Christy maneuvers back towards the turnbuckles behind her, almost falling due to her heels! Just then, very calmly with that ominous smile, instead of laying a hand on the announcer, Rhea simply places her foot on the bottom rope and raises the ropes.

Rhea Ripley: “Go.”

Mauro Ranallo: “Now this isn’t right! She may have a history as a former Professional Wrestler, but she is retired and now an EBWF official! She is still a respected member of our staff!”

The aggressive tone with poignant statement is very startling. Complying, quickly, Christy Hemme makes her way out of the ring, Rhea never removing her gaze. The fans are now deafening as Rhea removes her foot from the ropes and focuses back on the spiteful people surrounding her.

Nigel McGuinness: “Well that could have ended a lot worse!”

Rhea Ripley: “Now, let us talk about all of you! All of you idiots who just sang along word for word with my song without knowing a single reason about why I am here!”

The crowd begin interrupting Rhea now with “Shut-the-f[censored]k-up” chants that overshadow the audio. They force “The Reaper” to lower her microphone before the chants die out in volume just enough for Rhea to continue.

Rhea Ripley: “Oh, that struck a nerve, did it? You don’t like being reminded of how you got fooled and tricked to dance like the monkeys that you are? You don’t like coming face to face with your own failings? WELL NEITHER DO I!”

The boos all turn to silence as that outburst catches their attention.

Rhea Ripley: “You morons come out here and think you can win my affection because you all organized cute signs and can sing along in unison? You think because I accepted this once before that you can lure me in with your cheap adoration to become the same failure I was? Where are your monuments to me, huh?! Where is my amusement park? We are in the supposedly famous Orange County, and all of you dumbasses have a giant statue to a g[censored]damn mouse literally eleven minutes from here and I can’t even get a small statue from you people!”

The crowd begin to boo as a child in the front row can be heard screaming “you can’t say that!” Off microphone the camera catches as Rhea yells at the kid “Go play in traffic!” before flipping the small child off! Of course, the camera cuts immediately to a wide shot trying to avoid further interaction from Rhea as it cuts back to a ringside shot of the small boy in question beginning to look like they’re going to cry. Security immediately begins surrounding the area as adults surrounding the child can be heard screaming obscenities before the audio altogether cuts. Overlayed, to try and make the scene less obvious, we hear Mauro Ranallo’s commentary.

Mauro Ranallo: “Ladies and gentlemen, we apologize for that as well as to our network here on A&E. There is no room for that dialogue and messaging here and we don’t condone Rhea Ripley’s actions! We can only assure you that we here at the EBWF will ensure Rhea Ripley will be appropriately fined for her outburst!”

Nigel McGuinness: “Absolutely, there is no room for behavior as despicable as talking that way to younger members of our audience! That is taking it just a step too far!”

The audio kicks back as the security can be heard calmly telling people to step back from the railing. The camera switches to a closeup shot on Rhea laughing, raising her microphone back to her lips.

Rhea Ripley: “That’s right! Push those filthy animals back! They couldn’t even bring me a single offering of actual appreciation for what I have done, yet they could spoil their pathetic child with a ticket to see me? Where is their financial responsibility?”

Mauro Ranallo:AGAIN?!”

Chants of “Bor-ing” begin to take hold and gain volume. Rhea faintly raises an eyebrow at this but doesn’t let it mess with her cadence.

Rhea Ripley: “See, all of you here stand around and act as if we should be appreciative to you because you have bestowed us as worthy of ‘deserving’ your praise. I don’t operate that way. I don’t NEED your horrible rendition of singing my song! I don’t WANT you to bring signs in my name. I said it last week, but I am not here in EBWF to be just like your heroes. I am here in EBWF to be more than all of them! Tonight, you will all learn what is actual value in this business. The reality for all of us here is that your perceived glory from this – “

Rhea circles around the ring while showcasing her hand suggesting the entire wrestling presentation is her subject.

Rhea Ripley: “Means absolutely nothing. The only thing that is real, that has any meaning for anyone here, is the ground beneath your feet.”

Rhea’s eyes dart to the now sitting Christy Hemme at ringside as the camera transitions over Rhea’s shoulder to get both her gaze and Christy’s reaction in shot. This not-so-subtle threat only feeds the ravenous fans.

Rhea Ripley: “Of course!”

Rhea’s change in tone cuts the boos as her attention cuts back to the audience.

Rhea Ripley: “Of course, that lesson is unfortunately one that is lost for the debuting darling, that little baby princess of Rey Mysterio Jr!”

The crowd cheers by association and for the possibility that Aalyah cuts Rhea off. However, Rhea continues speaking dissipating the audible venom that is being driven towards her.

Rhea Ripley: “Little Aalyah. The latest of failures out of the Mysterio gene pool. I mean they really are seeming to be breeding like rabbits! From how many times Rey couldn’t deliver the big one in the ring, I’m frankly surprised he isn’t impotent at home also.”

Rhea laughs as the crowd boos.

Rhea Ripley: “But, little Aalyah, that darling princess who just wanted to be like daddy, fortunately I have heard the rumors about her. I have heard that she is a prodigy despite her genes from her sorry parents. I heard that she could have some talent! She may not be like her father who had to basically have a division made for him to make himself famous. I heard that she also isn’t like her brother who has had to be tied at the hip to their decrepit father because he just isn’t big enough to drive himself to work yet. ‘But’, I hear little Dom say, ‘Daddy drives the nice car and lets me now ride front seat cause I’m a big boy!’

Rhea mockingly laughs as the crowd instantly boo her except for a handful who laugh along with Rhea at the line about Dom.

Mauro Ranallo: “Come on now! There is no need for attacking the Mysterio family! They have nothing to do with this match!”

Rhea Ripley: “I mean I could go on and talk about her mother, but really, why? I mean the world moved on, so I will too.”

The crowd “ooh” at the line. Rhea ignoring their response before shrugging at the entire idea of Aalyah’s mother before continuing.

Rhea Ripley: “But, I have heard the stories about how little baby Aalyah is just different than her talentless family. That she may have some instincts of a star that are rumored a lot like Eddie Guerrero! I’ll admit that is impressive. I am sure people will tell her that she will need every bit of those instincts to make it out of here without her career destroyed before it begins, but that is a lie. Tonight, is going to be out of her hands REGARDLESS of any talent she may have! It doesn’t matter what her instincts and ring awareness are like, or who she is sleeping with, or who her dad is. She is too far gone in her mistaken fantasy of being a ‘misunderstood legend’s daughter trapped in his massive shadow’ that she fails to realize that she was already put out to the lions the moment she signed on to agree to this match! She has been too far lost in the same delusion you people share, the same delusion that begins to believe that paperweight titles are enough to make a legend. The same delusion that believes you people decide what makes legends. The fact is, Aalyah doesn’t have a shadow to avoid at all! See, Aalyah, it isn’t hard to get out of a shadow on a rainy day! Your entire stupid family’s ‘legacy’ is nothing but failing tremendously and that has been a cloud over you since the day you were born!”

The crowd boo and Rhea responds with a snarky smile.

Rhea Ripley: “Oh, you all know it is true! That is why her father is primarily known as a Light Heavyweight, X-Division whipping boy! That is why her and her brother must be trained away primarily without their father! That is why this girl failed as an actress! That is why this girl failed in her medical pursuits! It is why her entire ‘social media empire’ is built on the fact Rey Mysterio shows his ugly masked face there sometimes. Go give it a Google for yourself if you haven’t seen it. You idiots probably get off on that.”

Immense disdain can be felt as Rhea laughs it off.

Rhea Ripley: “But see, Aalyah, while you may have had your followers rise a good ten people thanks to daddy, apparently no one has sat you down to explain who your father REALLY is! See, you are a failure at heart from your previous endeavors, but your father practically wrote the book on how to fail in this line of work! Hell, he is on retirement’s door and LUCKED his way to finally win a King of the Ring! Which I have seen Becky win twice and look where she is. Broken neck, lying out in a hospital back in Arizona. But I get it, I have a Twitter. You will say that you aren’t ‘trying to be like Rey.’ ‘You want to be your own woman.’ Okay, I hear you and I don’t blame you for resenting him!”

Rhea is clearly faking sincerity here as the crowd lets out boos to the uncalled-for remarks about the Mysterio family and the recent pain the fans felt at the loss of Becky Lynch.

Rhea Ripley: “That man built you a house of sand and tried to sell it to you as if it had a solid foundation! He gave you this false belief that your father was a man who was successful in life but really all he did was set you up to fail repeatedly by following in his tiny footsteps. It is the family motto! ‘If at first you don’t succeed, try again half-heartedly and hope someone else can make you famous!’ And, while you may TRULY not want to be just like your daddy – tonight, I’ll be your Papi!”

The crowd “ooh” at this comment as Rhea has a sly smile. However, it isn’t too long before this expression changes to a completely serious one.

Rhea Ripley: “You’re coming tonight with a starry-eyed imagination that you are going to get to play wrestler and have a cute fun little set of matches. That you could come in, do little gymnastics in between the bell, and call it a night. Then, after a year or two, that you are going to work hard and climb the ladder to taste legendary heights where after you can have these same idiots address you as a legend just like YOUR heroes! Well, I am not a kind woman who will let you run around here deceived with stars in your eyes. Aalyah, Santa Claus isn’t real and if you continue down this road, you’re going to find yourself strapped to a stretcher with me using your carcass for batting practice!”

Again, the crowd “ooh” at the line as Rhea looks directly into the zooming in camera.

Rhea Ripley: “You may be trying to sincerely redeem yourself now from the stench of failure your family has cursed you with, but I’m going to give you a dose of actual reality! You are a nobody. And, if you want to be safe, be like your father, brother, and especially your mother, and remain this nobody for your entire career! Fail with the biggest smile on your face knowing you will sleep well at night with your average career. Because the reality is: that your failures, that you have been so ashamed of, are the only way for you to keep the Reaper from knocking on your door.”

Rhea drops the microphone as “Hail to the King” blasts again through the speakers. Rhea stares into the camera as it zooms in before slowly turning and eerily looking over at Christy Hemme. A smile again creeps on her face as she playfully dances her fingers goodbye before exiting the ring. The camera transitions to the announce desk as the music is lowered for the fans at home. The two announcers are turned to each other in conversation from what just occurred.

Nigel McGuinness: “Can we PLEASE get extra security here tonight for Christy Hemme? I don’t like these threats that Rhea Ripley keeps throwing her way.”

Mauro Ranallo: “We seem like we are going to need it! We are also probably going to need more medical personnel to collect the carnage that Aalyah will want to commit on Rhea Ripley for dragging her and her family through the mud like that! They may call her ‘the Reaper’ but Aalyah will undoubtedly be coming at her looking to collect on the checks that Rhea’s mouth just cashed!”

Nigel McGuinness: “It was strong words by Rhea Ripley, that is for sure! However, let us not get carried away. Tonight, will be Aalyah’s first match as a professional wrestler. That means tonight is all in Rhea’s favor. The experience is on Rhea’s side. And let us be honest for a second, Rhea is a much bigger and stronger athlete. That advantage will be a hard mountain for Aalyah to overcome.”

Mauro Ranallo: “That may be Nigel, but as you know from your illustrious career, only the fight in the dog matters! Rhea Ripley clearly doesn’t respect Aalyah and I don’t believe hearing her message tonight, that Rhea will take this fight seriously. I think Rhea believes she will be walking over Aalyah like a corpse! However, Rhea may have just made her biggest mistake. She may have just woken up Aalyah’s heart that carries the blood of her father. Rhea may have to go face to face with the courage and heart that Rey Mysterio and his legendary family have all shown on a nightly basis! Rhea may face a courage that Aalyah musters from deep down to fight with everything she has to prove herself beyond the legacy! To make Aalyah Gutierrez a household name but more importantly to showcase her ability to maintain the family on HER shoulders, Nigel!”

The two men look to the camera now as they continue.

Mauro Ranallo: “Nevertheless, that will be handled later tonight! Up next- “

The two announcers continue speaking preparing for the next subject on the show as this story ends.