Lone Wolf

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Lone Wolf

Post by Ben M »

OOC: Trying to go in a different direction with Cole by establishing him as a "lone wolf", so any feedback would be appreciated :) Good luck AJ!

The scene opened in a dark room. In the centre of the room, a man was sitting, his head bowed. He was wearing a black hoodie. As the camera zoomed in on him, the man looked up and removed his hood. The man was Adam Cole.

Adam Cole: Who’s ready for story time with Adam Cole?

As Cole used one of his catchphrases, he flashed a cocky smirk, but there was something different about his tone. A hint of bitterness in his voice, perhaps?

Adam Cole: It’s been over 14 years since I made my pro-wrestling debut, and in that time I have gone on to establish myself as one of the best wrestlers on the planet. Everywhere I’ve worked, I’ve made waves. I am a multi-time World Champion, and yet in recent years, all anybody seems to want to talk about is the groups I’ve been a part of. Whether it’s Bullet Club, The Elite, the Undisputed Era... my allies shouldn’t define me, but I feel like being part of a group has caused people to forget what I’m capable of. I have been constantly disrespected and undervalued, and that was never more evident than when I signed for EBWF. I’m Adam frickin Cole, baybay! I should be in the main event. But instead, I’ve been competing at the bottom, begging for a chance to become the Breakout Champion. I’m not sure what’s worse, the fact I’ve only been considered “worthy” of the lowest prestige championship EBWF has to offer, or that I’ve come up short in my quest to win it. Either way, I realised I was being held back by the mediocrity of the Bullet Club. Maybe I should have just overthrown Prince Devitt, taken charge as leader, and led the Bullet Club to glory myself. But as you saw last week, I decided to go a different route instead.

As footage of Cole attacking Prince Devitt flashed up across the screen, Cole could be seen laughing to himself.

Adam Cole: Like I said last week, I’m a lone wolf now. I don’t want to lead anyone else; I just want the glory for myself! Forget the Undisputed Era, this is the Adam Cole era, and it starts tonight when I beat Samoa Joe. You know Joe, I feel like you and I have a lot in common. You’re something of a lone wolf too, aren’t ya? We both made a name for ourselves in Ring of Honor, we were both champions on the black and gold brand, and yet, neither of us were considered quite good enough for the “main roster”. I mean I know I never got the call up, but hey, at least I never got relegated to commentary.

Cole winked, as if he were trying to get into Samoa Joe’s head.

Adam Cole: Don’t get me wrong Joe, I respect you and all that you’ve accomplished in this business. But compared to me? Well, there is no comparison. You’re bigger than me – in terms of width if not height – and it’s probably fair to say you’re tougher than me too. But I am faster than you, and I am smarter than you. If this was a fist fight, I’d be worried. But this is professional wrestling, and I have so many skills that I can use to my advantage. I’m 33 years old, I’m in the prime of my career. You’re ten years older than me Joe, and sure in EBWF that doesn’t mean much – most of the roster is in their 40s at least. But it’s not even just about your age Joe... what about your injury record? You’ve taken a lot of bumps over the years pal, and it seems like they’ve caught up with you. And like I said before, I’m smart. Every opponent I come up against, I’m looking for a weakness, and I know all your weaknesses Joe. I know every injury you’ve ever had, I know which body parts to target and how to target them in a way that ensures maximum pain for you. Do you know what a lone wolf does when it’s cornered, Joe? It doesn’t try to run away or surrender, it fights with everything it’s got, because it knows that’s it’s only chance to survive. Kill or be killed. And that’s what I will do tonight Joe – with all due respect, being tougher doesn’t count for shit, because I am going to give you the fight of your life.

Cole flashed his teeth, as if snarling with rage.

Adam Cole: Joe, you and I have both made history several times over the course of our careers, and tonight, I’m pleased to tell you that you’ll get to make history again. Because you will be the first victim of the Adam Cole era. Well, technically you’re the second... I guess Prince Devitt was the first. But you’ll be the first one in the record books, the one listed as the first guy I beat on my way back to the top. When Kane defeated me at Total Supremacy, he set me on a new course. I no longer care about winning the Breakout Championship; the only way I’ll be going after Xavier Woods again is if he becomes the World Champion at Gateway to Glory. Oh and speaking of Gateways... Edge, I’ve got my eye on your title too. That’s what I’m working towards now, being EBWF’s top guy, because that’s where Adam Cole belongs – at the top. I am beating Samoa Joe tonight, and I am not looking back. I will take out every single man on the EBWF roster if I have to, but rest assured I will not be stopped. From here on out, it's all about the...

Cole cocked his fingers into the shape of a gun, and fired an imaginary bullet.

Adam Cole: BOOM.

Cole then kicked the camera, bringing the scene to an abrupt end.