Warfare Results 08/08/2022

Ben M

Warfare Results 08/08/2022

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

The red hot California crowd moved to their feet as pyro shot off from the staging area and EBWF went live.

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks… it’s time for Warfare! I’m Mauro Ranallo.

Nigel McGuinness: And I’m Nigel McGuinness, and we are coming to you live from Anaheim! We are just three weeks away from Gateway to Glory, and after the strange way Bray Wyatt made his presence felt last week, you have to wonder if King Xavier will be looking over his shoulder later tonight when he takes on Matt Riddle.

“On Fire” hit the PA and Samoa Joe came from behind the curtain to respectful acknowledgement from the crowd.

Mauro Ranallo: Samoa Joe is still working on finding his footing here in EBWF, and he may have the opportunity tonight against Adam Cole.

Once Joe was introduced and waiting in the ring, the crowd continued to cheer as “You Know It’s All About the Boom!” blared through the arena. Adam Cole sauntered down the ramp, and did his usual entrance, getting into the ring and encouraging the crowd to cheer along with him.

“Adam Cole BAY-BAY”

The bell rang and the two men circled each other for a moment, allowing the crowd to hype them up before they locked up. Joe overpowered Cole, and jabbed at him with shot after shot. Joe chopped at Cole, then followed up with a head butt. Samoa Joe peppered Cole with even more strikes. Cole charged at Joe, but Joe countered with a vicious back elbow.

Mauro Ranallo: That almost knocked Cole's lights out!

Nigel McGuinness: Adam Cole wisely bailing out of the ring here.

Samoa Joe followed after and approached Adam Cole but Cole was waiting for him with a thrust kick. He followed up by throwing Samoa Joe shoulder first into the steel ring post. Cole returned Samoa Joe to the ring and fired an elbow strike. Cole toe-kicked Joe in the arm, trying to neutralize Joe’s size advantage.

Mauro Ranallo: If Adam Cole can reduce some of Joe's strength, this could be over faster than any of us imagines!

Cole was looking for Panama Sunrise but Samoa Joe countered and then smashed Cole’s knees into the apron. Cole got off the apron, taking a breather at ringside. Joe reached for Cole, but Cole surprised him with a kick to the weakened arm. They struggled back in the ring. Samoa Joe planted Adam Cole with an STO and then splashed him with a sit-out senton.

Nigel McGuinness: Samoa Joe with the cover.

Mauro Ranallo: It's no good! Adam Cole reaching deep down to kick out!

Samoa Joe hit a powerslam on Adam Cole and tried for the pin again, but his arm was clearly bothering him.

Nigel McGuinness: Adam Cole's plan is working perfectly.

Samoa Joe tried for a powerbomb, but he couldn’t maintain his grip. Cole slid out, built up steam, and charged at Samoa Joe. Joe countered and leveled Cole with a clothesline. Samoa Joe was searching for the muscle buster but Cole escaped and connected with a high knee to Samoa Joe’s jaw!

Nigel McGuinness: Quick thinking by Adam Cole!

Adam Cole applied a cross face to Samoa Joe. Joe struggled for a moment, but was able to raise his leg and get his heel on the ropes. The referee got to a count of five before Cole relinquished the hold. The two men pulled themselves to their feet where Samoa Joe intercepted a superkick and then powerbombed Adam Cole. Samoa Joe applied the STF.

Mauro Ranallo: Adam Cole is fading! He's fading.

It looked like Cole might tap at any moment, but he struggled in the hold, trying to work his way to the ropes. Joe went to pull him back, but Cole made the final stretch and after just grazing the bottom rope he was able to grip his fist around it. Joe couldn't believe it, and rag dolled Cole as he moved to get up and argue with the referee.

Nigel McGuinness: What are you doing, Joe? Cole didn't tap. Look out!

Adam Cole was looking to lower the Boom but Joe ducked it. Joe chopped Cole in the chest. Samoa Joe charged at Cole but Cole defended with superkicks! Adam Cole dropped the Boom with his running knee strike. He hooked the leg.

3!

Mauro Ranallo: What an upset for the big man Samoa Joe!

Nigel McGuinness: And what a performance for Adam Cole.

Cole allowed his hand to be raised in victory as he soaked up the applause from the crowd.

SEGMENT

After the match, Warfare cut to the Coalition's locker room where Alexa Bliss was seen dressed in black pants, a Linkin Park shirt, and a necklace with a lighting bolt on it. Alexa was looking at something on her phone when she was approached by Liv Morgan who was dressed in a black top and shorts. Alexa looked up at Liv and smiled.

Alexa Bliss: Hey.

Liv Morgan: Hey.

Liv didn't appear to be her normal positive self and Alexa looked concerned.

Alexa Bliss: What's wrong?

Liv quickly smiled.

Liv Morgan: Oh nothing.

Alexa Bliss: Come on Liv.

Liv's smile faded.

Liv Morgan: It's just this episode of A Moment Of Bliss you're doing with Mina that has me worried.

Alexa looked confused.

Alexa Bliss: Why?

Liv sighed.

Liv Morgan: I don't trust Mina,I think she's just pulling a nice girl act to pull on your heart strings until the time comes to take you out.

Alexa Bliss: Liv…

Liv interrupted Alexa.

Liv Morgan: No I 'm serious Lexi, I think you’re being set up by Utami and Mina.

Alexa smiled and put her hands on Liv's shoulders.

Alexa Bliss: Liv I appreciate that you're looking out for me but don't worry I got this. I see good in Mina, I think she's a genuinely nice person and that's why I'm trying to get her away from Utami's manipulation. Trust me Liv please.

Liv was in thought for a brief moment before she hugged Alexa.

Liv Morgan: Ok, just be careful.

Alexa Bliss: Don't worry I will.

Liv eventually let go of Alexa and Bliss went to leave when Liv spoke up again.

Liv Morgan: And at Gateway To Glory, Team Liv N Bliss will beat Queen's Court.

Alexa nodded her head and smiled.

Alexa Bliss: Team Liv N Bliss, I like it.

Liv smiled and Alexa left the room as Warfare went to commercial break.

MATCH TWO

When Warfare returned from the commercial break, Aalyah Gutierrez was on her way to the ring for the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, we’ve got an exciting debut as Aalyah Gutierrez makes her professional wrestling debut!

Nigel McGuinness: Aalyah is a third-generation wrestler, the daughter of Rey Mysterio Jr, but she wants to forge her own path which is why she’s wrestling under her birth name. It will be great to see her in action, although she couldn’t ask for a tougher opponent than Rhea Ripley!

When Aalyah was in the ring, “Hail to the King” hit and the crowd booed as Rhea Ripley stepped out onto the stage. Rhea had a stern expression on her face as she headed down the ramp. As Rhea entered the ring, Aalyah extended her hand to her opponent but Rhea slapped it away and hit Aalyah with a series of punches. Rhea followed up with a kick to knock Aalyah down, then as Aalyah got to her feet, Rhea whipped Aalyah against the ropes, before hitting a clothesline. Aalyah got to her feet once more and Rhea hit her with a series of chops, followed by a hard forearm to the chest. Aalyah stumbled backwards and Rhea grabbed her, whipping her hard into the corner. Aalyah collided with the turnbuckles chest first, and Rhea charged towards her, then began hitting Aalyah with a series of punches to the back of the head.

Mauro Ranallo: Aalyah could be in trouble here… Rhea Ripley has her trapped in the corner!

The referee yelled at Rhea, ordering her to take a step back, but Rhea refused. As Rhea argued with the referee, Aalyah spun around, hitting Rhea Ripley with a stiff forearm to the side of the head!

Nigel McGuinness: I don’t think Rhea Ripley was expecting that!

Rhea looked momentarily dazed and Aalyah took full advantage, clubbing Rhea with several more stiff forearms to the head. Rhea fought back with a big boot, knocking Aalyah down, then clutched the side of her head. As the camera zoomed in on Rhea Ripley, blood could be seen trickling down the side of her face.

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! I think Rhea Ripley is bleeding from the ear!

The referee tried to clean the blood off Rhea’s face, but Rhea shoved him away and pulled Aalyah to her feet, setting her up for a neckbreaker. Aalyah blocked it and countered with a suplex. Both women got to their feet and Aalyah went for a clothesline, but Rhea ducked out of the way, then turned around and caught Aalyah with a knee to the face. Aalyah staggered backwards and Ripley hit her with a running dropkick, then hit a brainbuster. She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Aalyah kicked out! Rhea pulled Aalyah to her feet and set her up for the Riptide, but Aalyah blocked it, then whipped Rhea against the ropes. As Rhea ran back towards her, Aalyah lifted her up, hitting a spinebuster! She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Rhea kicked out! Aalyah pulled Rhea to her feet and whipped her into the corner, then set Rhea up on the top rope. Aalyah set Rhea up for a frankensteiner, but Rhea countered it, hitting Aalyah with a powerbomb off the top rope!

Nigel McGuinness: That shook the ring!

Rhea hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1… 2… Aalyah kicked out just before the 3! Rhea got to her feet and stomped on Aalyah several times, then pulled her to her feet and lifted her up for a bodyslam… but Aalyah countered with a headscissors takedown! Rhea landed on the second rope, and as Aalyah looked at her, the crowd began chanting “619!”. Grinning, Aalyah obliged, running against the ropes then hitting the 619 on Rhea!

Mauro Ranallo: Well Aalyah may not want to be compared to her father, but I think that’s one move he’s taught her!

Rhea fell to the mat and Aalyah made the cover. The referee counted - 1… 2… Rhea kicked out! Both women got to their feet and began exchanging punches back and forth. Rhea blocked one of Aalyah’s right hands and hit a kick; Aalyah fought back with a forearm, then Rhea Ripley hit another kick, this time catching Aalyah on the shoulder. Rhea charged towards Aalyah, taking her down with a shoulder block, then put her in an armbar. Aalyah cried out in pain, but she was able to get to the ropes and the referee ordered Rhea to break the hold. Rhea stepped back, and Aalyah used the ropes to pull herself up. Rhea charged towards her, going for a clothesline, but Aalyah pulled down on the ropes, sending Rhea to the outside. As Rhea got to her feet, Aalyah ran against the ropes and went for a suicide dive… but Rhea moved out of the way!

Nigel McGuinness: Aalyah hit the ringside barrier hard there… she might have injured her shoulder!

The referee exited the ring and checked on Aalyah, and Aalyah nodded to tell him she was okay. As Aalyah got to her feet, Rhea immediately grabbed her and slammed Aalyah’s head against the ringside barrier, then threw her back into the ring. Rhea slid back into the ring and grabbed Aalyah, lifting her up and hitting the Riptide! She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: Well a tremendous effort from Aalyah on her debut, but it’s Rhea Ripley who gets the victory!

Nigel McGuinness: An impressive performance from Rhea Ripley too, Mauro… she might have just put the women’s locker room on notice!

Rhea celebrated, then made her way to the back as Aalyah recovered in the ring.

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: This crowd is still buzzing from Rhea and Aalyah tearing the house down!

Nigel McGuinness: And still to come, Tam Nakano will take on Allysin Kay, but coming up, two huge wrestling superstars will go one on one. Seth Rollins will take on Jeff Hardy.

Rollins was to the ring first, and he taunted the crowd as he made his way down the ramp. He got into the ring and removed his colorful robe before turning toward the entrance to wait for his opponent. Jeff Hardy got a thunderous ovation from the crowd as he did his usual entrance down to the ring, sliding in under the bottom rope. Christy Hemme introduced both men, and the bell rang.

Mauro Ranallo: Here we go!

Jeff struck early and caught Rollins with a series of elbow strikes to the arm and then ran him over and connected with a Japanese arm drag.

Nigel McGuiness: Quick one count there. Going to take a bit more to keep Rollins down.

Hardy hit a series of shoulder blocks in the corner but Rollins managed to slam Hardy into the turnbuckles before connecting with a series of body strikes. He attacked Jeff’s knee followed by a sliding lariat.

Mauro Ranallo: And another kickout! Both men are trying to end it early here.

Rollins went for a slingshot somersault senton but Hardy rolled to the floor. Rollins followed Jeff out and then dragonscrewed Jeff’s knee sending him flying into the barricade. Rollins took the time to taunt the crowd again and got booed.

Nigel McGuinness: Rollins is just being relentless with Jeff Hardy.

Seth rolled Jeff back in the ring and followed behind. Jeff attempted a jawbreaker but Rollins countered with a leaping knee strike. Hardy ducked a clothesline and connected with the jawbreaker this time. Rollins came back with a roundhouse kick but missed a second one and walked into a series of elbows and clotheslines from Jeff. Jeff hit an atomic drop followed by the leg drop.

Nigel McGuinness: Jeff can't be stopped.

Hardy didn't let up, executing a basement dropkick and following it up with an elbow drop.

Mauro Ranallo: Twist of Fate!

Jeff scrambled to the corner to go for the Swanton, but Rollins was right behind and crotched him on the top rope. Rollins hit the Falcon Arrow and went for the pin.

Nigel McGuinness: Are you kidding me?!

Mauro Ranallo: Jeff Hardy kicked out on pure instinct.

The crowd cheered, but Seth was quick to his feet. He backed up into the corner, as Jeff dragged himself up onto all fours only to be hit with the Stomp! Rollins hooked the leg.

3!

Mauro Ranallo: What a valiant effort from Jeff Hardy, but Seth Rollins proves victorious tonight.

Rollins stood tall in the center of the ring as a mixed reaction permeated the crowd.

Mauro Rollins: EBWF will be back in 90 seconds with A Moment of Bliss!

Rollins jawed off to the crowd as EBWF went to commercial.

SEGMENT

Warfare came back from commercial break and Alexa Bliss was already in the ring for an episode of A Moment of Bliss.

Alexa Bliss: In just a few short weeks EBWF returns to pay-per-view as it presents Gateway to Glory. Now at Gateway to Glory, I will be teaming up with my best friend Liv Morgan with our new team’s name of Team Liv ‘N’ Bliss.

The crowd cheered.

Alexa Bliss: And we will take on Utami Hayashishita and Mina Shirakawa.

The crowd gave a mixed reaction as they mostly liked Mina but hated Utami.

Alexa Bliss: Now, before this Tag Team match goes down at Gateway to Glory, I have something to discuss with one of my opponents so without further ado! Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome: Mina Shirakawa!

"Every Time We Touch" by Jonathan Young played and Mina Shirakawa came out to a mixed reaction.

Mauro Ranallo: These two had a very competitive match two weeks ago that was unfortunately ruined due to interference from Utami Hayashishita.

Nigel McGuinness: This should be a very interesting conversation.

Mina entered the ring and smiled at Alexa who smiled back. The two sat down in opposite chairs as Mina's theme cut.

Mina Shirakawa: Before we get started, I know it's not until tomorrow, but I want to wish you a happy early birthday.

Alexa looked a little surprised but smiled.

Alexa Bliss: Thanks! Now the reason I asked you to be on my show tonight is because I have something important to tell you.

Mina Shirakawa: Oh yes, we didn’t get to finish our chat. Go ahead.

Alexa took a deep breath.

Alexa Bliss: Mina… Utami is using you.

Mina looked a little confused.

Mina Shirakawa: What do you mean?

Alexa Bliss: I know it's probably not an easy thing to hear but it's true, Mina! Utami views you as a minion she can use to fight her battles for her.

Mina Shirakawa: That can't be true, she's just trying to help me out.

Alexa shook her head.

Alexa Bliss: That might be what she told you, but I think deep down inside you know that's not true at all. Think about it Mina, was she helping you two weeks ago when she interfered in our match and got you disqualified?

Mina looked like she was lost for words.

Alexa Bliss: Utami sees you as nothing more than a pawn and once she feels like you've outlived your usefulness, she'll stab you in the back.

Mina sat in silence for a moment before she shook her head, got up and left the ring and made her way to the back.

Nigel McGuinness: It looks like Mina doesn't know what to think about what Alexa told her.

Alexa sighed as she watched Mina leave when she was knocked down from behind!

Mauro Ranallo: OH MY GOD!

Nigel McGuinness: RHEA RIPLEY!

The crowd booed as Rhea stood over Alexa. When Alexa got to her feet and turned around Ripley knocked her back down with a vicious clothesline. Rhea stalked the slowly risen Alexa from out of Alexa’s peripheral before Rhea latched onto Alexa’s midsection, locking in a very grounded bearhug! In just seconds, Rhea had already picked Alexa up and shook her like a ragdoll! The camera zoomed in on Rhea’s shoulder and Alexa’s face catching the blood dripping from Alexa’s mouth.

Mauro Ranallo: What is the meaning of this attack?! Wait a minute! What about Alexa’s ribs?! She hasn’t even yet been cleared medically for tonight!

Nigel McGuinness: You’re right Mauro! What the hell is Rhea doing?! I know these two did have some words with each other on Twitter and I'm guessing Rhea didn't like what Alexa had to say, but that is no reason for this!

Rhea continued squeezing but was stopped when Liv Morgan in a sprint ran to the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: Here comes Liv! Finally, someone can stop this destruction!

Rhea waited too long to release Alexa, as Liv unloaded several punches on Rhea which forced the monstrous Australian to drop Alexa to the mat. Initially each blow seemed to have little effect! Liv ran the ropes and went for another attack but was met with a Big Boot from Rhea! Rhea then grabbed her jaw from the previous blows Liv produced before a smile was all that was produced from Rhea. Rhea pulled Liv to her feet and the camera caught Rhea saying "Mind your own damn business" before she hit Liv with the Riptide! The crowd continued to boo Rhea as she looked directly at Alexa following the carnage to Liv.

Mauro Ranallo: Oh no! Please, no, not again!

Nigel McGuinness: We need help here! Medical, security, send the entire backstage staff! Alexa’s career may be at risk!

Rhea had an evil smile on her face as she grabbed Alexa by the throat with both hands. Deadlifting her up to the air, Rhea again latched on the bearhug! Rhea continued to shake Alexa, when the camera caught Liv grabbing for Rhea’s boots with an attempted distraction to draw Ripley’s attention away from Alexa.

Mauro Ranallo: Oh my God! Seriously, where is the medical staff! GET OUT HERE!

With an ominous smile, Rhea dropped Alexa like deadweight to the mat, as she turned her attention to Liv who still had fight in her. EMTs rushed to the ring when Rhea jumped at them to force them back! Rhea then stood in front of the bodies she claimed, which forced the medical team to call back for security! In that time Rhea turned to see Alexa was on the mat clutching her ribs in pain, blood staining her teeth, and Liv crawled over Alexa’s body, shielding Alexa from further damage.

Mauro Ranallo: Liv is protecting Alexa from further harm! That Riptide may have slowed her down, but it hasn’t defeated Liv Morgan! And here comes the calvary!

Security rushed to the ring as it caught Rhea’s attention which had Rhea’s eyes widen before the Reaper laughed and kneeled a safe distance down from Alexa. The camera caught Rhea telling Alexa “We found out, Lexi! One week, only took one week before you called me God!” Rhea then rose her hands in peace before exiting the ring escorted from the scene by security.

Mauro Ranallo: It looks like Rhea is satisfied for one night! But this just HAS to be stopped!

Nigel McGuinness: If Liv Morgan hadn't been there who knows what would have happened to Alexa Bliss! You know me Mauro, in the end, I am a realist. Despite this destruction and I hope Alexa Bliss is okay, we all must admit Liv Morgan showed so much heart standing up to Rhea Ripley! Without Liv, who knows what would have happened to Alexa!

EMTs rushed into the ring checking on Alexa as Liv sat up, not nearly as damaged, with full attention trying to help her friend and teammate. The EMTs tended to Alexa as a promotional video for Gateway to Glory began to play.

SEGMENT

After a replay is shown of Rhea Ripley's attack on Alexa Bliss we cut backstage to see that none other than Kevin Steen was watching it on a monitor with a smile on his face as Renee Young approached him.

Renee Young: Excuse me Kevin?

Kevin turned around to face Renee still smiling.

Kevin Steen: Oh Renee, I just saw a replay of probably the best thing I've seen in a long time.

Kevin laughed and Renee looked a little disturbed.

Renee Young: Well Kevin it's just been announced that at Gateway To Glory you will face Christian Cage in a No Disqualification match.

Kevin nodded.

Kevin Steen: Really?

Renee Young: Yes,do you have any comments on that?

Steen smirked.

Kevin Steen: Well Renee what I did to Christian Cage three weeks ago was childs play compared to what I'm going to do to him at Gateway To Glory and once I'm done with them I'll make sure to put him in a hospital bed… right beside Alexa Bliss.

Kevin laughed and left the area, leaving Renee looking disturbed as Warfare cut to the ring for the next match.

MATCH FOUR

Mauro Ranallo: Still to come, we’ve got a rematch from Total Supremacy as King Xavier Woods takes on the man he defeated in the King of the Ring tournament semi final, Matt Riddle! Up next though, we’ve got Tam Nakano in action as she takes on the Queen of the Ring, Allysin Kay!

“Twilight Dream” hit and the crowd cheered as Tam Nakano made her way to the ring. When Nakano was in the ring, “Gangsta’s Paradise” hit and the crowd booed as Allysin Kay headed down the ramp.

Nigel McGuinness: Allysin Kay has been waging war on the entire women’s division in recent months… Tam Nakano is sure to have a fight on her hands here tonight!

Once Kay had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell. Kay charged towards Nakano, hitting her with a series of punches then taking her down with a DDT. Kay pulled Nakano to her feet and threw her out of the ring, then followed her to the outside. On the outside, Kay stomped on Nakano several times, then dragged her to her feet and slammed her head off the edge of the ring, before rolling her back into the ring. As Kay re-entered the ring, she whipped Nakano into the corner, then went for a corner clothesline… but Nakano got her knees up and blocked it! As Kay staggered backwards, Nakano hit her with a kick, knocking her down. Kay rolled out of the ring, but as she did so, Tam Nakano climbed to the top rope. When Kay was up, Nakano hit her with a diving crossbody on the outside!

Mauro Ranallo: Nakano went high risk there!

Both women were down, and the referee began counting - 1… 2… 3… 4… at the count of 5, Nakano got to her feet and threw Allysin Kay back in the ring. Upon re-entering the ring, Nakano hit Kay with a spinning kick, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Kay kicked out! Nakano pulled Kay to her feet and lifted her up, hitting a back drop, then stomped on Kay several times. Nakano then pulled Kay to her feet once more, this time hitting a bridging German suplex! Both of Kay’s shoulders were down, and the referee counted - 1… 2… Kay kicked out! Both women got to their feet, and Nakano hit Kay with a series of kicks, but Kay fought back with several right hands, then spun around, hitting the Discus from Detroit. Kay then put Nakano in the strait jacket, but Nakano refused to submit! Looking frustrated, Kay broke the hold then dragged Nakano to her feet, hitting a neckbreaker. She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Nakano kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Both of these women showing great intensity so far!

As both women got to their feet, Kay dragged Nakano towards the corner, slamming her head off the top turnbuckle before hitting her with a series of punches and kicks in the corner. Kay then whipped Nakano into the opposite corner, and ran towards her, going for a corner avalanche… but Nakano moved out of the way at the last second! Kay looked dazed, and as she stumbled backwards, Nakano hit her with a running knee!

Mauro Ranallo: The Violet Shoot! This could be it!

Nakano hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Kay got her foot on the bottom rope! As the referee called the rope break, the crowd began to boo.

Nigel McGuinness: You can tell how much these fans love Tam Nakano, Mauro… they’re disappointed she didn’t get the win there!

Nakano shook her head, looking frustrated, then pulled Kay to her feet and set her up for a brainbuster. She lifted Kay up… but Kay countered it into an inverted DDT! She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Nakano kicked out! As Allysin Kay got to her feet, the camera cut to the stage. Britt Baker had just walked through the curtain and she was standing at the top of the ramp, Women’s Championship over her shoulder, watching the action.

Mauro Ranallo: Well it seems the Women’s Champion wants to get a closer look at the number one contender!

Kay glared at Baker, and motioned for Britt to come to the ring, clenching her fists as she did so. Baker remained at the top of the ramp, and Kay turned her attention back to Tam Nakano. She pulled Nakano to her feet and hit a Saito suplex, then signaled for the AK47! She lifted Nakano up… but Nakano managed to counter it, wriggling free and putting Kay in a dragon sleeper! Just as Kay looked like she was fading, she was able to get her foot on the rope once again, and the referee ordered Nakano to break the hold. Nakano did so, then stepped back, allowing Allysin Kay time to get to her feet. When Kay was up, she spun around and went for the Discus from Detroit again… but this time, Nakano ducked underneath it! Nakano then grabbed Kay by the arms, putting her in a hammerlock before lifting her up, hitting a bridging hammerlock suplex! The referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: Tam Nakano calls that the Twilight Dream, and as you can see, it’s very effective!

The referee called for the bell and raised Tam’s arm in victory. After celebrating her victory, Nakano exited the ring and made her way up the ramp, passing Britt Baker, who was heading down the ramp towards the ring. As they crossed paths, Nakano and Baker locked eyes with one another. Tam looked at Britt and smiled, and Britt smiled back, then nodded respectfully at the former Women’s Champion. As Nakano continued up the ramp, Britt walked around the ring and grabbed a microphone from ringside, before entering the ring. Allysin Kay was on her feet now, and she looked at Britt with fury, as if wanting to attack her, but Britt held up her hand to stop her.

Britt Baker: Oh I know you want to fight me Ally, but I’m going to warn you right now… you’re on very thin ice after what you did to Becky Lynch. The women of EBWF are concerned for their safety because of you, and since I am not only the Women’s Champion, but also a respected champion of the women’s locker room, I approached Wes Ikeda and made a formal complaint about your conduct. So if you attack me tonight, and put our match at Gateway to Glory at risk… well, you’re probably putting your EBWF career at risk too. So for both of our sakes, please take a step back.

Allysin looked furious, but she listened and reluctantly stepped back, her fists still clenched.

Britt Baker: Thank you.

Baker smiled, then turned to face the camera.

Britt Baker: Now I’ve noticed something in EBWF recently… it seems like a lot of women are referring to themselves as queens right now. I don’t mind you using that title, Ally - after all, you are the reigning Queen of the Ring. But then we’ve got Utami Hayashishita calling herself the Crimson Queen, and forming a tag team with her alleged “friend” Mira Shirakawa, then going around calling themselves the Queen’s Court. What next? Is Natalya going to start referring to herself as Queen of the Hart Dungeon? Will Liv Morgan be crowned the Queen of Slurpees? Call yourselves a queen if you like, ladies, but let me make one thing clear… there’s only one champion in the women’s division, and that’s Dr Britt Baker…

The crowd chanted along with Britt as she said out the three letters that succeeded her name.

Britt Baker: D-M-D.

Baker turned to face Allysin Kay.

Britt Baker: Here is something else I’ve noticed, Ally. You seem to be going to war with everyone right now - Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Liv Morgan, probably Tam Nakano after she beat you tonight… but it’s been over a month since you became the number one contender for my Women’s Championship, and you haven’t come after me once. I don’t think you’ve mentioned my name. What’s the matter, Ally? Are you trying to avoid starting a fight you won’t win? Are you afraid of writing checks your body can’t cash?

Baker smirked as she tossed the microphone to Allysin Kay, giving her a chance to respond.

Allysin Kay: It's hard to talk about you and what I'll do to you when you have more time off as champion than Trish Stratus did a couple of years ago. You know the old saying, 'Out of sight, out of mind.' You're less of a fighting champion than she was.

The smile on Britt’s face faded as Allysin handed the microphone back to her. As Allysin waited for Britt to respond, Britt shrugged.

Britt Baker: You know what Ally, I’ll give you that one. But let me make one thing clear - I haven’t been an absent champion. I’ve shown up every week, I just haven’t been getting booked. And that frustrates me as much as it frustrates you, because I am the face of this division and I want to prove that I am a fighting champion. So let’s change that, shall we. Next week, on Warfare, I’ll wrestle a match against any opponent of your choosing. How does that sound?

Allysin Kay: You'd better be careful what you wish for, because I'll ensure that you regret that decision.

Britt Baker: Oh, will you now? Well, I’m not worried. I wouldn’t have let you pick an opponent for me if I wasn’t sure that I’d win. So yeah, surprise me… but don’t be surprised when I come out on top. See you next week!

Baker waved sarcastically at Allysin Kay, then dropped the microphone and exited the ring. As Britt made her way to the back, Allysin watched her intently, a look of bloodlust on her face.

SEGMENT

The cameras cut from the Honda Center as Warfare returned from the commercial break. The setup was a low level parking structure. A few drips could be heard off camera; possibly a bust pipe, or a dripping external tap. The cameraman and crew slowly walked through the parking lot as they heard a consistent thud. As they manoeuvred through the building, the thud got louder and more dense. As they turned a corner to head up to the next level, there was a group of men dribbling with basketballs in between the parked cars. The camera stopped moving as a few of the men noticed them. They huddled together as one pointed over to them but the speech was muffled due to the distance they were at. Without warning one of the men turned slowly to look at the camera. He was wearing a black wool hat and a pair of shades, accompanied by a whiter than white shirt and light blue jeans. The mysterious man folded his collar and began a slow walk over to the camera. As the man got closer, it became clear that it was former NXT North American Champion Carmelo Hayes.

Hayes leaned against a concrete pillar, placing his right foot onto it and slightly lowered his shades he turned to the camera slightly and smirked.

Carmelo Hayes: Ya’ll ready for the trick shot of the year?

Carmelo laughed a little and nodded his head as he turned to look over at the ‘boys’. One of them hurled a basketball towards Hayes; he palmed it across the parking lot and it dropped into a garbage can on the lower level.

Carmelo Hayes: SWISH, Now that is a ball and a half. Ya’ll got ‘ere at the right time. But it’s not the reason you’re here is it? Nah, you’re here because you heard the rumours and the wanted the scoop on the latest and most hottest free agent this business has ever seen?

Hayes nodded with a slight grin as he shrugged his shoulders and sighed.

Carmelo Hayes: Standing before you is the greatest NXT North American Champion of all time, I dare say there won’t be another like me ya feel. Ya want the latest scoop, ya wanna know what Melo knows? Well, ya’ll know Melo DON'T Miss. Ya have witnessed that first hand yaselves.

Melo pointed cockily over towards the garbage can and smiled. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and raised his head a little, looking beyond the cameraman. The camera slowly spun round, revealing in the distance the Honda Center. The camera turned back to Hayes who was now leaning on his arms against the barrier.

Carmelo Hayes: The EBWF is occupying that arena today and they have advertised, what they call HUGE main event pitting Woods and Riddle. Ya ain't seen huge yet ya hear me?

The group of men in the background shouted "Preach!" as Melo looked over his shoulder and nodded in agreement.

Carmelo Hayes: Ya see, they know the score and the score is about to change, this man right here, is about to change the landscape of this business in one night, what night? That is for me to know and for you guys to wait and find out. But know this, MELO DON'T MISS and what I want I get no matter what that be. There have been many names come from the big E and they have all said tha same, I aint here to bash or anythin’ but when ya got the mental skill set and physical ability that ya man's got, ya gunna wanna keep him under lock and key right? Well turns out, that the E missed the ball on my contract and allowed it to run out, so what's tha mean? Tha means, in two weeks, ya boy will be officially EBWF’s latest and most hottest god damn wrestler on their roster. Ya’ll better recognise greatness, because things are ‘bout to get really rocky for ya’ll…MELO OUT!

Hayes threw up some sort of sign with his hand and turned back to the group he was with. As they all cheered and bounced around, the show cut back to the Honda Center.

MATCH FIVE

As the camera cut back to the arena, “Hey Bro” hit and the crowd cheered as Matt Riddle made his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: It’s time for our main event, and we’ll see Matt Riddle go one on one with the Breakout Champion and reigning King of the Ring, Xavier Woods!

Nigel McGuinness: Riddle was the man Woods defeated in the tournament semi final, so you can bet Riddle will be looking for revenge here… although you wouldn’t think it from looking at him! He seems as chilled out as ever!

Mauro Ranallo: He may look relaxed, Nigel, but when Riddle steps into the ring, he’s all business.

When Riddle was in the ring, “New Day New Way” hit and the crowd cheered as Xavier Woods headed to the ring. Once Woods was in the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two men locked up. Riddle took Woods down to the mat and put him in an armbar, but Woods got his feet on the ropes to break the hold. Both men got to their feet and Riddle hit Woods with a series of kicks, then hit him with a gutwrench suplex. Riddle followed up with a Broton splash, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Woods kicked out! Riddle pulled Woods to his feet and went to whip him against the ropes, but Woods reversed it, whipping Riddle against the ropes before hitting him with a clothesline. As Riddle got back to his feet, Woods hit a DDT, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Riddle kicked out! Woods sat Riddle up and applied a chinlock, but Riddle broke free and as both men got to their feet, Riddle hit a jumping kick. Riddle followed up with a forearm, then a belly-to-belly suplex, and as both men got back to their feet, Riddle hit a running knee! He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted - 1… 2… Woods kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: A strong start from Riddle… he’s taking the fight to Xavier Woods!

Riddle pulled Woods to his feet and set him up for a German suplex, but Woods blocked it, countering it into a rollup. The referee counted - 1… 2… Riddle kicked out! Both men got to their feet and Woods hit Riddle with a series of punches, knocking him back against the ropes, then hit a clothesline, sending Riddle over the top rope. Woods followed Riddle to the outside, then hit him with a brainbuster! Woods rolled back into the ring as the referee began counting Riddle out. As the referee reached the count of 7, Riddle got to his feet and slid back into the ring. Woods grabbed Riddle and tried to set him up for Lost in the Woods, but Riddle blocked it, then hit Woods with a clothesline. As Woods got to his feet, Riddle hit him with a series of kicks, then whipped him against the ropes. As Woods ran back towards him, Riddle hit a powerslam, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Woods kicked out! Riddle pulled Woods to his feet and set him up for the Bro to Sleep… but Woods broke free, then spun around and hit Riddle with the Roaring Elbow! Riddle went down, and Woods climbed to the top rope, before walking along the ropes and hitting a diving elbow drop! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Riddle kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: So close to a 3 count!

As Woods got to his feet, suddenly the arena lights turned red and The Fiend’s laugh could be heard throughout the arena. Woods looked around for The Fiend, but he was nowhere to be seen. The arena lights went back to normal, and Woods turned his attention back to Riddle… but Riddle caught him with a knee strike! Woods fell to the mat and Riddle went to the top rope, then hit the Floating Bro! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! Riddle gets the victory, but you have to wonder what would have happened if it hadn’t been for that interruption from The Fiend.

The referee called for the bell and raised Riddle’s arm in victory. As Riddle celebrated, the arena lights went out completely. When the lights came back up, Riddle was nowhere to be seen and standing in the ring with Woods was…

Mauro Ranallo: OH MY GOD! THE FIEND IS HERE!

The Fiend had Woods in the Mandible Claw, and although Woods tried to fight out of it, he was unable to do so and he passed out. The Fiend got to his feet and stood over Woods, laughing as Warfare went off the air.