Tam Nakano: Towards a Magical Future

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Utami

Tam Nakano: Towards a Magical Future

Post by Utami »

American Airlines Arena, Dallas, Texas
08/28/2022

It’s a day that’s been long awaited by both the fans and Tam Nakano alike. For the first time since last March, the Twilight Dream will be competing on an EBWF pay per view. Matches on Warfare have been a wonderful reintroduction to international fans, but Gateway to Glory is on an entirely different level than weekly television. Eyes from all around the world will be focused on this evening’s contests; no matter how thrilled Tam is about that, she’s experiencing pre-match nerves all the same. What if she slips up on her biggest stage in over a year? Will she lose her momentum and find herself back in the supporting cast? Thoughts like these have been pervading her attempts to focus ever since she stepped inside American Airlines Arena. It’s why she’s specifically sought out a better spot to concentrate on the mental preparations for her pay per view return.

Rows of finely crafted white lockers illuminated with subtle blue lights lining the floor and ceiling create a calmingly cool atmosphere. Abstract gray patterns decorate the carpet below, its texture with a hint of softness thanks to a recent cleaning. It’s here that Tam Nakano has come far ahead of the opening bell time in order to reset herself. No one else has arrived just yet, so the room maintains its tranquility for the time being. After hanging her entrance robe daintily in one of the lockers, Tam stares at it and nods. Last time she was competing on an EBWF show this important, she was a different person. This new angelic robe is an embodiment of the increased confidence Tam’s gained over the past year plus. A confidence that needs reinforcement before she takes the stage again.

With a soft smile Tam nods and steps back from the locker. First she kneels down on the softened carpet, then she lies on her back. As she looks up at the ceiling, Tam bends her left leg and grips the foot with her hand in a stretch. Concerns about the evening invade her thoughts again, causing another delay in her relaxation. Tam closes her eyes, takes a deep breath and focuses on simply being without any other purpose. It’s a long time before she needs to head down to the ring, so there’s no rush. Breath in, breath out. In and out, then in and out again. Questions remain on her mind but they slowly start weakening as she shuts out all of the distractions to the outside world. Slowly all the questions boil down into one common theme, one question which is the umbrella under which all her doubts have gathered.

What if she hasn't improved at all since her last pay per view appearance? Then she just needs to keep working hard to improve herself, even if that process is excruciatingly slow and progress comes only in small steps. Yet she knows that she has improved just based on her first month back in EBWF alone. The Twilight Dream who vanished at Wrestlemania wouldn’t have had the resourcefulness to counter Natalya’s expert technical offense. She wouldn’t have had the courage to stand up to a woman who was hell bent on maiming opponents, much less to shock the world by winning! Tam Nakano is a stronger woman today than she was in March of 2021, there is no question about that.

She switches to her right leg and does the same stretch, reinforcing those facts again and again while slowly feeling her confidence return. There’s no reason to believe that she’s lost any steps since her last run in EBWF. In fact, if anything isn’t she having an immediate impact on EBWF since her return at the beginning of the month? People are talking about her with excitement, wondering where her adventure will take her next. While the end goal remains the same - recapture the championship - each stop on her road there has been a different test. So where is the road leading tonight?

Focusing on the immediate future helps her kill off the last of those doubts in her mind. Tonight it’s another brand new experience for her - a rookie with an impeccable pedigree and more importantly a huge amount of potential. A young woman whose speed, agility and heart make her an intriguing matchup for the Twilight Dream. High speed wrestlers always present a lot of unpredictability through their creative offense and ability to counter the offense of others. If you’re not careful you can easily find yourself no longer in control of the match in a split second. Aalyah Gutierrez has shown flashes of brilliance in her first two matches. Not to mention the strength of character that it takes to go toe to toe with two incredibly aggressive opponents. You’d be hard pressed to say she didn’t have a bright future ahead of her.

Tam smiles as the thought occurs to her. She sits up and stretches her arms out over her head as an inner excitement builds for the contest to come. Two women who have bright futures, one more immediate, one more distant. With that common thread between them Tam just knows they’re going to have a heart pounding match together. It’s as she lowers her arms and crosses her legs in front of her that a camerawoman arrives on the scene. With her earlier nerves well and truly addressed, Tam offers an angelic smile when asked for her thoughts about this match with Aalyah Gutierrez. Another moment and another deep breath later, Tam begins to speak.

Tam Nakano: “Tonight is an exciting night, isn’t it? The lights are burning bright, the big stage is set and soon thousands of cheering fans will fill the seats to watch the biggest show of the summer! It’s not just that, it’s also the firsts which are happening on that stage tonight. I’ve been looking forward to this day ever since I put pen to paper to come back to EBWF. Every day since then, part of my mind’s always dwelt on the fact that August 27th is a Gateway to Glory. My heart’s pounded just a little faster every morning because it meant I was one day closer to today. Now that it’s here, I’m thrilled beyond words. Do you know why?”

Tam motions invitingly and the shot zooms in.

Tam Nakano:
“Because one of those firsts is my first pay per view match in over a year! These last few months of hard work, struggle and sometimes aching doubt have brought me back up on the big stage. It means a lot to me to open Gateway to Glory with that match. I get to be one of the first two people to go into the ring and see the crowd. All of their cheers will be reminders of how far I’ve come and that I really do belong here. Every lock up, counter, strike and hold is just going to get me even more pumped up. It doesn’t matter if I’m giving or receiving them, each and every one makes me want to fight even harder for my dream. Tonight, I get to share that dream with someone who’s got her own first tonight.”

She tilts her head, winks and then continues speaking.

Tam Nakano: “Tonight Aalyah Gutierrez is making her pay per view debut! It’s tough being the new girl in the ring like that. I remember being very excited but also very intimidated by all of the veterans in the locker room when I was in her place. Add to that it’s hard to have success against those women and it's not easy to avoid a slow start. I’ve seen how Aalyah’s done in her first two matches, and it brought back memories of the frustrating times I had when I was getting started. But you know what I’ve noticed about Aalyah?”

Tam taps her chin thoughtfully.

Tam Nakano:
“Even when she’s faced with the unenviable task of fighting a complete monster like Rhea Ripley or someone who’s been blinded to her real self like Mina, Aalyah doesn’t back down. Even if she’s feeling some fear she doesn’t let that slow her down. Her heart is strong and she just keeps fighting no matter how big the challenge before her is. That’s something that I admire about her - she has the heart of a fighter, and she’s always going to give you her very best. Some people would say she’s wrestling royalty, but I think it’s even more important that Aalyah is Aalyah.”

Tam lowers her hand as she elaborates.

Tam Nakano: “It’s not just that she’s brave in the face of incredible danger. She has all the skills and talent to be a very good high speed wrestler! It means she’s unpredictable in the ring and can create her own momentum to turn the tide of a match. For someone like that every surface of the ring is a potential launching pad for another explosive attack. She can escape from your sure grip and immediately come from an angle which you didn’t even think was possible. Aalyah has a long road ahead of her, but I think she’s already showing signs of being brilliant in the ring. If I don’t unleash my full power out there or if I slip up even once, she’s going to take advantage and make me pay! It’s heart racing stuff, and I can say for sure that I’m excited to be her first ever pay per view opponent.”

She claps her hands excitedly to emphasize the point.

Tam Nakano:
“We both have dreams that we’re fighting with every gram of our beings to achieve. And it’s because of that fact that I’m going to do everything it takes to get this win tonight. To reach the very top and prove to myself and the world that I’m better now than I’ve ever been, I have to beat Aalyah Gutierrez tonight. I know that she’s going to bring it all for this match, and I want her to know that I’m doing the same exact thing. Aalyah, I think you’ve got a wonderful future ahead of you and I’m going to help you tonight. Because when I hit you with the very best that Tam Nakano can do, I’m doing more than overcoming the challenge you present. I’m going to reach down into you with both hands and pull out parts of Aalyah Gutierrez you didn’t even know existed. This match is going to bring them to the surface, and I hope it makes you stronger so that you can pursue your goals even more capably. But make no mistake, tonight I’m determined to win no matter what.”

Tam stands up and the camera follows her.

Tam Nakano:
“The shine of my Twilight Dream lights up the incredibly difficult road that’s still ahead of me. It gives me hope and the motivation to keep fighting to take down whoever stands in the ring with me. Just because I admire them doesn’t mean that I’m not going to take everything they can dish out and hit them back twice as hard. Beating a capable veteran like Natalya and a violent monster like Allysin has shown me just how much I can do. Tonight I want to show that to you, Aalyah! We both have bright futures ahead of us. Yours is a bit more distant and it’s going to take a while before you get there. Mine feels closer than it’s been in a long time, so close I could reach out and touch it! That’s what has my fire raging tonight, and it’s what’s going to help me make magic once again!”

She pulls her entrance robe down, slips it on over her shoulders and looks at the camera.

Tam Nakano:
“Tonight we’re both taking the next step toward magical futures. Aalyah’s will come sooner rather than later, but tonight? Tonight I’m getting one step closer to realizing my dream, no matter what.”