Tam Nakano: The power of dreams

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Utami

Tam Nakano: The power of dreams

Post by Utami »

New Orleans, LA
9/12/22
10:30 AM

Even when your journey is moving forward the best you could hope for, sometimes you need to pause and take stock of your situation. For Tam Nakano that time is now. After a whirlwind of a month she’s been all over the western US and fought in front of thousands of fans. So much has happened so fast, so many exciting things have occurred, that she hasn’t had much time to reflect on that month. It’s been a cycle of traveling to one city, preparing for the next match and then going out to fight. Sometimes there’s a moment to think back on the previous week but not the big picture. Rinse, wash, repeat. It’s taken a conscious decision on her part to carve out some time to herself.

It’s early morning and the sun is on the horizon as it begins its ascent over the Big Easy. Shadows dance ever so slightly among the streets and buildings of wildly varying heights as slowly a new day dawns. It’s fairly quiet as the night life has died down and the morning rush has yet to hit. Down below the sound of vehicles can be heard as the city comes to life again. The morning air is pleasant, though a bit warmer than Tam is used to back home. She sits in a modest white chair on a narrow balcony, watching the world in passing as she takes stock of the past four weeks.

A return to EBWF in which she was welcomed by fans she had feared would forget who she was. Being tested by the craftiness of Natalya, the viciousness of Allysin and the youthful determination of Aalyah in rapid succession and yet coming out victorious every single time. A month ago she wasn’t sure that she had improved over her last time in EBWF. With each win she’s gotten a little bit more of that confidence back. Despite the challenge of throwing herself back into this environment, she’s thriving. People talking about her potentially challenging for the title as more likely than theoretical.

It’d be very easy to let this initial success get to her head and cloud her focus going into her match against another former champion here in New Orleans. So simple to just look ahead to her dream of challenging for the title she’d lost last year. While the temptation is there Tam knows that she can’t afford to do that. One slip up and she might have to start this journey all over again. Tam looks over to the small glass topped table next to her, her eyes meeting those of her golden eyed plush panda companion. After taking a deep breath, she speaks her thoughts aloud in the panda’s voice.

P-Chan V2.0: "Your journey naturally has countless twists and turns, Tam-chan."

Tam Nakano: "I know, P-Chan. Honestly I didn’t know if I’d win my first match let alone be 3-0 after my first month. I just get worried about-"

She trails off, not wanting to put it into words. Yet she knows she has to if she has any hope of working it out. So she speaks for P-Chan V2.0 again.

P-Chan V2.0:
"Worried about what?"

Tam leans forward, staring out at the city again. As more light fills its streets ever so slowly, it comes more and more to life. Each match in this new run with EBWF has brought her dreams increasingly closer to reality.

Tam Nakano
: "That I’ll wake up and realize this is just a dream. Or maybe I’ll stumble when I should be sprinting toward the final destination and fall all the way back to the starting line."

P-Chan V2.0:
"What if you do?"

She frowns and ponders that question a while. What if she does fall short in this next contest? Liv Morgan is an incredibly skilled wrestler who’s recently reminded the world just how special she is. Tam’s seen the way that Liv has stood up to two of the most dangerous women in EBWF to protect her friend. It touches her heart even if she has her reservations about the friend in question. It’s entirely possible that her next opponent could put the brakes on Tam’s momentum toward the championship. If that happens, what’s she going to do?

For a moment she’s back in the ring at Wrestlemania, staring up at blindingly bright lights while her opponent’s music plays. The new champion, the woman who ended her Cinderella run to the top, stands victorious while all the pain of failure washes over Tam. Despite putting an end to the 10 month absentee championship reign of Trish Stratus, her own had been fleeting and forgettable. It was a heartbreaking loss which made her doubt herself more than anything in her career. Back in the present, Tam turns to glance at P-Chan V2.0 and catches her reflection in the sliding glass door behind her. There’s a strength to her reflection’s appearance which catches Tam off guard. Months of strife and rebuilding have changed her, made her more confident. That confidence is clear and present in her face even when she’s just relived her great failure. What if she falls against Liv? Tam has an answer.

Tam Nakano:
“If I get knocked off course, I’ll just pick myself back up. Tam Nakano doesn’t let one setback stop her, right? All I can do is keep fighting and becoming a better me, so that one day I’ll be able to make my Twilight Dream a reality.”

P-Chan V2.0: “And what about Liv Morgan?”

Tam smiles.

Tam Nakano: “I’ve got some ideas.”

New Orleans, LA
9/12/2022
Recorded 5:00 pm Central Time
EBWF Online Exclusive

The video opens on a backstage interview area in Smoothie King Arena before the week’s episode of Warfare begins. On the wall we see a backdrop in white, red and black which is emblazoned with a repeating pattern of the EBWF logo. A couple moments later, Tam Nakano strolls in from the right in her full ring and entrance gear. She taps her chin thoughtfully as she gingerly steps to the far side of the interview area, then back to the center of it. For a few moments she faces the way she came from, seemingly still lost in thought. When she finally seems to realize where she is Tam turns to face the camera and smiles.

Tam Nakano: “Oh, sorry, I didn’t see you standing there! You see, I’ve been thinking a lot about how things are going here in EBWF. When I first came back I wasn’t sure at first if returning was the best choice, but the moment I stepped through the curtain I had an answer. Thousands of people cheering from the heart, cheering my name, let me know that this is exactly where I belong. No matter who I’m up against, when I hear your voices all united as one in support of me my courage grows stronger and stronger. With you in my corner there’s nothing I can’t do, and I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Together we can do anything!

She taps her chin again and tilts her head to the side as she makes an admission.

Tam Nakano:
“If I’m being honest, that’s not the only thing on my mind lately. Because tonight I get to face an entirely different kind of opponent. After beating Natalya, Allysin Kay and Aalyah Gutierrez, the person filling my thoughts has been Liv Morgan. Every day the last two weeks it’s been Liv, Liv, Liv all day every day! She’s not like anyone I’ve fought since I returned to EBWF, and that makes this one of the most exciting nights of my career.”

Tam straightens up and nods firmly as she continues.

Tam Nakano:
“The more I think about Liv, the more I realize we’ve been traveling on similar roads. It’s not quite like looking in a mirror, but it’s actually pretty close. We’ve both fought our ways to the top of EBWF and become the champion against extremely talented opponents. Both of us have been the girl no one expected to get there, and then shocked the world with some of the biggest wins of our careers.”

Tam’s smile grows as she speaks further.

Tam Nakano: “Liv’s also been one of the bravest women in EBWF recently with how she’s fought so hard to protect her friend from cruel attacks. Even faced with monsters who’re doing nothing short of trying to cripple people, Liv throws her body in the way to shield her friend from harm. She defies them and keeps fighting back as long as she can keep moving, and that touches my heart. I know what it’s like to fight someone whose goal is to end careers and to defy her with every miligram of my being. To keep scratching and clawing, taking her down one appendage at a time if that’s what it takes to defeat the monster! So Liv Morgan has my respect for the heroics she’s shown time and time again. It’s an honor to face her tonight one on one. No tricks, no hate, just two very similar fighters throwing everything they have at each other.”

She pauses a moment, her smile becoming a frown.

Tam Nakano: “There is an elephant in the room of course. The person you’ve fought so hard to protect is someone who hurt a lot of people not that long ago. I was one of them. I still remember the pain of all those cuts my back suffered after the powerbomb she gave me through that razor wire table. I remember how she tried to destroy everything I was and loved. She did horrible things to you as well, but we’ve both moved on from that. You forgave her for what she did and now you’re close as can be. While I absolutely don’t think that she deserves any of the pain she’s been through recently, I’ve had a different experience than you.”

Tam rubs the back of her neck for a moment before she explains.

Tam Nakano:
“I left eventually after realizing I’d been weak last time I was here. Her actions showed me that I had a lot of work to do if I wanted to become stronger than that night I stared up at the lights after losing the greatest prize I’d ever held. So I regrouped, went back to the basics and exhausted myself every single day to get back to where I wanted to be. When I finally stepped through the curtain, when I planted Natalya, Allysin and Alyah into the mat and the ref counted three, I realized I might finally have gotten that strong. That’s the woman you’re facing tonight Liv. The strongest version of Tam Nakano the world has ever seen!”

She flashes her smile again and playfully flexes her arm for a moment.

Tam Nakano: “Because tonight this isn’t about Alexa, this is about Liv Morgan vs Tam Nakano. Liv, you fight with more courage than anyone else I’ve seen since I made my return. I know you’ll meet me woman to woman in the ring and hold nothing back and for that I want to thank you. I’ve seen everything you’ve done and been through, and I think I understand you very well. Do you understand who you’re stepping in the ring with though? I’m not the kawaii girl who talks to her beloved panda and says she’ll do her best. After a year away I’ve grown. After a month where I’ve fought and defeated a supreme technician, the most violent woman in EBWF and the future of our sport, I’m more than ready to lock up with a brave former champion one on one.”

Tam grins with just a slight edge as she brushes a strand of hair over her shoulder.

Tam Nakano: “Compared to last year I’m faster, stronger, tougher and more determined to succeed on the biggest stage. This Tam will meet you in the center of the ring with the courage to fight through all the worst pain you can dish out. No matter how hard you fight or what you throw at me I will keep getting back to my feet. You kick me, I’ll kick you even harder in return. You plant me in the mat with a suplex, I’ll get right back up and drive you through that mat. This is my biggest test yet and I refuse to fail no matter what it takes to beat you tonight.”

Tam takes a deep breath, then gazes into the camera with a face full of determination.

Tam Nakano: “Because beating someone as good as you, someone I respect as much as you, will show the world that I’m ready for the spotlight. After Gateway to Glory there’s no top contender for the EBWF Women’s Championship, the prize I’ve come back to reclaim. Both of us have the eyes of the world on us after our big moments two weeks ago. Whoever wins tonight will have that spotlight on them and might well be considered the new top contender. So when the bell rings I’ll only have one thought on my mind. I need to beat Liv Morgan tonight whatever toll it takes on me. I need to come out on top against this courageous, strong woman to progress in my journey toward redemption. If I can beat a fellow former champion who’s had a similar journey to me on top of everything I’ve already done, I’ll undeniably have that spotlight. And when I have that I’ll be so close to achieving my dream that I can grab it! I look forward to fighting you Liv, but tonight? Tonight there’s no choice for me but to win. I hope you enjoy seeing the power of my Twilight Dream in action.”

Tam hods out her right hand, traces the shape of a star and then tilts her head with a charming smile as the video ends.