And Still

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

And Still

Post by Ben M »

At Gateway to Glory, five months after Britt Baker had won the Women’s Championship, she had successfully made her first title defence, defeating Allysin Kay. Britt was proud of her performance, but a little frustrated; after the match, Allysin Kay had abruptly announced that she was quitting EBWF, meaning that most of the talk since the pay-per-view had been about that moment rather than Britt’s victory. Nonetheless, Britt had a chance to build some momentum on the first show after Gateway to Glory, where she would be facing one of the newest women on the EBWF roster, Aalyah Gutierrez.

After she had arrived at Smoothie King Center, where Warfare was taking place, Britt headed to the interview area. She didn’t want to be interviewed, but she did need a camera and a microphone. Once she had both of these things (and a cameraman of course) the camera started rolling and Britt began to speak.

Britt Baker: And still your EBWF Women’s Champion... Dr Britt Baker, DMD. Was there ever any doubt, really? Allysin talked a good game, but she just wasn’t quite on my level. And she knew it... that’s why she quit. The AK47 is no more, and the reign of DMD continues. Tonight though, I have a rather different challenge... Aalyah Gutierrez, one of the newest additions to the EBWF women’s division. Someone who seems to have gotten her opportunity through her connections to this business, despite the fact that she doesn’t want to make a big deal about the fact she’s Rey Mysterio’s daughter. Aalyah, sweetie, I can totally understand you wanting to forge your own path. But let’s be honest; do you think Wes Ikeda would have even considered signing you if you weren’t a Mysterio? You hadn’t even wrestled a match when you signed that contract. You should be in a developmental centre somewhere, learning your craft, but instead you’re having to learn the hard way – going up against some of the best women in the business. Rhea Ripley, Mina Shirakawa, Tam Nakano, and now me... I almost feel sorry for you. But this is what you wanted, isn’t it? A chance to prove yourself.

Britt paused for a moment, laughing and shaking her head before continuing.

Britt Baker: Well with all due respect, Aalyah, all you’ve proven so far is that you don’t have what is takes. You have potential, but you’re not quite there yet... in fact, it seems like you’ve got a long way to go before you get “there”. You’re 0 and 3, and after tonight it will be 0 and 4. That’s got to knock your confidence; does it eat away at you, Aalyah? Are you going to do an Allysin Kay and quit after I beat you? Or are you going to keep at it? I hope you keep trying, I really do, because you’ve been handed the opportunity of a lifetime. The sort of opportunity any young woman with a dream of being a professional wrestler would kill for. And like I said, before, you’ve only really gotten that opportunity because of your family... so don’t squander it. Just don’t expect to be handed anything either. If you really want to make it in this business, you’re going to have to earn it. You’re going to have to fight.

Britt held up the Women’s Championship, as if she wanted to remind Aalyah who she was up against.

Britt Baker: I hope you’ve done your homework on me, Aalyah, but in case you haven’t let me give you a brief history lesson. I started training to be a wrestler in 2014, when I was 23 years old. I trained while also studying for my dentistry degree, and it took a year before I made me debut. I worked my ass off, and after four years of seizing every opportunity I had with both hands, I got called to Jacksonville for the opportunity of a lifetime. I made a lot of mistakes along the way, but I don’t regret a thing because it got me to where I am now. And when I look at the women’s roster in EBWF right now, I am excited. There are so many talented women for me to defend this championship against – I know Tam Nakano is keeping a close eye on me – and yet instead, I’ve been asked to show the new girl the ropes. Well Aalyah, tonight I will show you the ropes and a whole lot more. I will show you how I got to be the EBWF Women’s Champion, and why I’ve got a reputation as one of the toughest women in the business. Try to keep up, and maybe you’ll learn a thing or two.

Britt winked into the camera, then walked away.