Warfare Results 09/12/2022

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results 09/12/2022

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks… it’s time for Warfare!

Nigel McGuinness: Tonight, we are live from New Orleans, Louisiana, and kicking things off we’ve got the Twilight Dream, Tam Nakano in action as she goes one on one with Liv Morgan!

Liv Morgan made her way to the ring first, followed by Tam Nakano. Both women were well received by the crowd. Once they were both in the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two women locked up. Morgan put Nakano in a headlock, but Nakano broke free and whipped Morgan against the ropes, then took her down with an arm drag. As Morgan got back to her feet, Nakano went for a reverse roundhouse kick, but Morgan ducked out of the way then took Tam Nakano down with a snapmare. Morgan stomped on Nakano several times, then pulled her to her feet and went to whip her against the ropes… but Nakano reversed the Irish whip, sending Morgan into the ropes. As Morgan ran back towards her, Nakano went for a clothesline, but Morgan ducked underneath it and grabbed Nakano from behind, hitting a German suplex. Both of Nakano’s shoulders were down, and the referee counted - 1… 2… Nakano kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Liv Morgan with a near fall!

Both women got to their feet and Morgan set Nakano up for a neckbreaker, but Nakano blocked it and countered with a bridging fisherman suplex. The referee counted - 1... 2... Morgan kicked out! Both women got to their feet and Morgan and Nakano exchanged punches back and forth. Morgan gained the upper hand, and she whipped Nakano into the corner, then charged towards the corner, going for a corner clothesline... but Nakano moved out of the way! Morgan collided with the turnbuckles and as she stumbled out of the corner, Nakano hit her with the Violet Shoot! She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Morgan kicked out just before the 3 count!

Nigel McGuinness: Tam Nakano was so close to a three count there, but Liv Morgan isn’t done yet!

Nakano pulled Morgan to her feet and set her up for the Violet Screwdriver, but Morgan blocked it and countered with a sitout jawbreaker. She then whipped Nakano against the ropes, before hitting her with a single leg dropkick. Both women got to their feet, and Morgan hit a second single leg dropkick, which she then followed up with the Jersey Codebreaker! She hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1... 2... Nakano kicked out! Morgan looked frustrated at only getting a two count, and as she pulled Nakano to her feet, she applied the guillotine choke!

Mauro Ranallo: Liv Morgan has that choke hold locked in… Tam Nakano could be in trouble now!

Just when it looked as though Nakano was fading, she managed to break free of the hold by charging into the corner and slamming Liv Morgan into the turnbuckles! As Morgan fell to the mat, Tam Nakano took a moment to catch her breath, then pulled Morgan to her feet and hit her with a series of forearm strikes. Nakano then whipped Morgan against the ropes, before hitting Morgan with a reverse roundhouse kick! Morgan fell to the mat and Nakano made the cover. The referee counted – 1... 2... Morgan kicked out! Nakano pulled Morgan to her feet and whipped her into the corner, then hit her with a series of kicks. Morgan fell into a sitting position and Nakano stepped back, then charged towards her, going for a running knee strike... but Morgan moved out of the way! Nakano's knee collided with the turnbuckle, and as she cried out in pain, Liv Morgan rolled her up! The referee counted - 1… 2… Nakano kicked out! Both women got to their feet, and Morgan shoved Nakano against the ropes, then ran at her, going for ObLIVion… but Nakano blocked it by holding onto the ropes! Nakano then ran at Morgan, hitting a running bicycle knee strike, before hitting the Twilight Dream! Both of Morgan’s shoulders were down, and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! Another impressive victory for Tam Nakano!

The referee called for the bell and raised Nakano’s arm in victory.

SEGMENT

As the preceding match ended, we faded out of the shot of the arena and into a new scene entirely. It was an elaborately decorated room with floral wallpaper, marble floor and a red velvet carpet leading up to a golden throne resting upon a three tiered dais. Operatic voices accompanied dramatic music appropriate to herald the arrival of a fantasy heroine or villain. After a few moments the “Crimson Queen” Utami Hayashishita stepped into the frame followed by Mina Shirakawa, both in their ring gear. Utami looked supremely confident as she took a seat on the throne, crossing one leg over the other. Mina took her place at the base of the dais, looking uncertain of herself as she did so. That music faded out and the “Crimson Queen” began to speak.

Utami Hayashishita: Good evening, peasants. I know that you are all likely enjoying yourself tonight, and well you should. Because two weeks ago I did precisely what I promised I would do at Gateway to Glory. Before the eyes of the entire world I stepped foot into that ring and put Alexa Bliss back in her place. She was stupid enough to force herself out of the hospital to fight me, and I utterly destroyed her. Every kick I delivered to her ribs, every bit of pain and agony my suplexes and throws caused to that charlatan, it was all so wonderfully satisfying. Those bruises on her body and the likely broken ribs she suffered for her insolence are nothing short of a work of art, do you not agree?

The live crowd booed and Utami laughed at her own question. Mina visibly flinched just a tiny bit.

Utami Hayashishita: At Gateway to Glory I emerged victorious. That is the simple fact of the matter, and no one can question it. With the destruction of Alexa Bliss, Queen’s Court has put its name on the map. My - our - first conquest of many, many to come. The rest of EBWF has been put on notice that the only way to avoid the same painful fate as Alexa Bliss is to bend the knee before the true queen. Ladies of the locker room, you have two choices: acknowledge my superiority or find yourself destroyed by my regal might. Of course in acknowledging the “Crimson Queen’s” exalted status, a woman might prove herself worthy of fighting at my side. There is still room in my court for other like minded women. At first I thought Alexa might be such a woman, but she proved to be nothing more than a broken disappointment worthy only of scorn and suffering. She has joined Becky Lynch on the scrap heap, and I promise everyone else who acts with such disrespect to their superior will be tossed there as well.

More boos rained down as Utami spoke. The lack of a reaction suggested it was a pre-recorded vignette, but this did nothing to quiet the fans whatsoever. Utami stood up and stared intensely down the camera as Mina put on what seemed like a half-forced smile.

Utami Hayashishita: It does not matter who you are, if you defy the Crimson Queen you will be crushed under foot. My conquest of EBWF has only just begun. You can all either accept the facts or receive the generous gift of a trip to the hospital just like Alexa Bliss received. The choice is yours.

Utami smiled evilly as the scene faded out, that dramatic music back in full force. While the fans booed furiously, our view of the EBWF logo faded out to show it displayed on a television screen backstage. Just below it stood Alexa Bliss, her ribs taped up again, alongside Liv Morgan. Alexa and Liv both looked furious at what they’d just seen.

Liv Morgan: What the hell was that? Did she seriously just claim she won that match?

Alexa crossed her arms over the hell.

Alexa Bliss: So either she’s too stupid or stubborn to admit what really happened, or she’s on something. And if she’s on something, I want to know what that is because that’s gotta be a wellness policy violation.

Liv looked to Alexa with some concern, then snorted at her remark. Alexa smiled as well but soon sighed in resignation.

Alexa Bliss: Doesn’t matter if she’s in her own little world, we still beat her.

Liv nodded gravely.

Liv Morgan: And if she comes after you again, I’m going to make sure she gets the point.

The fans cheered both as Liv N Bliss discussed the situation and as a third woman arrived on screen. Arisa Hoshiki joined the pair unexpectedly and flashed her brightest smile.

Arisa Hoshiki: Hey there, are you two doing ok? That was a crazy match you had against Queen’s Court.

Alexa smiled at seeing Arisa, while Liv tensed up but made no move to get between the two.

Liv Morgan: We’re annoyed but fine. And-

Liv paused before a begrudging smile crossed her lips.

Liv Morgan: Thanks for the Slurpees.

As the crowd cheered, Arisa nodded in response.

Arisa Hoshiki: If they helped you ladies fight as hard as you did, that’s all I could ask for. How’re your ribs doing?

Alexa laughed a little, then held her side with a pained expression.

Alexa Bliss: They’ve been better, but I’m still here. Getting the last laugh against Utami helps ease the pain.

Arisa put a hand on both Liv and Alexa’s shoulders and smiled.

Arisa Hoshiki: You fought hard out there and showed everyone how big of hearts you’ve got. Everyone’s proud of what you accomplished! But you should go enjoy some relaxation when you can too, you’ve certainly earned it. I’ve gotta get back to work, but it’s nice to see you!

Arisa turned to leave and then it was Alexa who reached out to place a hand on Arisa’s shoulder.

Alexa Bliss: Hey Arisa, I just wanted to tell you that I appreciate your concern and it’s nice to have someone like you in the back.

Arisa looked down at Alexa’s hand then into Alexa’s eyes, a surprised look on her face.

Arisa Hoshiki: What? Oh, it’s nothing. Just want to make sure our talent’s looked after.

Alexa Bliss: I mean it. You’re kind and you’ve got a big heart too. I watched some of your matches after Gateway to Glory because I got curious about you. You were incredible!

Arisa smiled again.

Arisa Hoshiki: Thanks, that means a lot.

Liv stepped up next to Arisa.

Liv Morgan: We especially liked how you dealt with Utami.

Arisa laughed.

Arisa Hoshiki: That was definitely a tough fight against a tough opponent, so I was proud to get the win. It feels like it was a long time ago, to be honest.

Alexa smiled.

Alexa Bliss: Well it’s good to have you around, even if you aren’t in the ring anymore. Can I ask you a question?

Arisa looked slightly confused and then nodded.

Alexa Bliss: You wanna grab slurpees sometime?

Arisa laughed again.

Arisa Hoshiki: Oh, sure! Gonna take a rain check for now or the boss will notice I stepped away. Until next time!

The three said their farewells as Arisa headed off to get back to work. As the shot lingered on Alexa and Liv, a dark silhouette could just be made out behind them. After a moment of thought the pair stepped off screen, but the camera continued to linger on the shot and started focusing in on the silhouette. It appeared to be someone in a long black leather coat without sleeves, a chain around their neck and hood pulled down over their shoulders. Before the camera could focus any more the figure walked away quickly and we went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from the commercial break, the Smoothie King Center went black all at once. The crowd's confusion was audible as a dull hum echoed across the arena’s sound system.

Mauro Ranallo: Not this again.

The tron lit up with a single flickering candle on it. The flame was nearly the size of the candle itself.

Unknown Voice: Who may abide the day of the One Alone’s coming? Who shall stand when that day arrives? For the One Alone is nothing less than the refiner’s fire and the fuller’s soap personified. It is through the splendid teachings of the One Alone that all shall be cleansed and purified. That absolution can be found and forgiveness can be granted. I bear the message of the One Alone as a gift to the entire Universe. Stand and you shall receive his gracious gifts.

A red light beamed down at the top of the ramp where a familiar hooded figure was now standing with their head lowered and arms crossed. The figure knelt with an extended knee.

Unknown Voice: Kneel and you may be accepted among those chosen to carry out the true will! Though you find yourself at the Gateway to Glory, you must knock on the door and seek wisdom in the darkness. Everyone needs a friend to guide them through the dark, I offer my hand to all willing to take it.

The red light cut out, the lights came back on and the figure was again gone.

Nigel McGuinness: Well, that was rather cryptic to say the least. Did you catch that reference to Gateway to Glory? What does it mean?

Mauro Ranallo: I’m really not sure, but it seems to be linked to what happened on Warfare a few weeks ago. Who do you think is coming Nigel?

Nigel McGuinness: I haven’t got a clue Mauro, but I do know that we still have the Women’s Champion Britt Baker in action later on tonight, and Jeff Hardy versus Matt Riddle is up next!

MATCH TWO

“Bro!” The crowd immediately started a “Bro” chant as Matt Riddle came down to the ring. He played to the crowd doing his usual walk down the ramp before getting into the ring and kicking off his sandals. The mood inside the arena rose to a fever pitch when Jeff Hardy’s theme hit and the charismatic enigma made his way onto the stage. Doing his entrance dance on the ramp, the crowd seemed to be firmly behind him.

Mauro Ranallo: Matt Riddle seems unfazed by the popularity of Jeff Hardy.

Nigel McGuinness: Like so many people from the new generation of wrestlers, Riddle idolized Jeff Hardy growing up, so you have to wonder how he’s feeling at this moment.

The bell rang once both men were inside the ropes, and Riddle made a beeline for Jeff Hardy. Hardy seemed to come out ahead and Riddle shoves him off, but Jeff charged and rolled Riddle up for a two count. They traded roll ups for two counts over and over until the crowd was at a fever pitch. Riddle kicked and punched Hardy before knocking him back. Riddle dropped Jeff on the apron, but Jeff found his footing and knocked him back, before pulling him to the outside. Riddle rolled to ringside and pull Hardy off of the ring apron. They brawled at ringside as the fans started up dueling chants. Riddle sent Hardy twice into the ring post before driving him into the barricade. When Jeff tried to get up, Riddle clotheslined him down on the floor.

Mauro Ranallo: Matt Riddle taking it to Jeff Hardy.

Nigel McGuinness: Jeff needs to mount some offense here.

With the referee's count at seven, Jeff slid back into the ring. Riddle was close behind, stalking him into the corner. Riddle dropped an elbow on Hardy. Riddle went to whip Jeff, but Jeff got out. Riddle hit the ropes, but Jeff hit a back elbow for the cover.

1…
2…

Mauro Ranallo: It’s no good!

Hardy hits a sit-out jawbreaker on Riddle to stun him. Riddle reversed a whip, but Hardy clotheslines him down. Hardy hit Riddle with an inverted atomic drop and the crowd was on their feet. Hardy went for a double leg drop followed by a splash. He went for the pin again, but Riddle kicked out at two.

Nigel McGuinness: This crowd can’t believe it!

Hardy went for a Twist of Fate. Riddle tried for Bro Derek, but Jeff avoided. Riddle kicked Jeff and followed up with a a fisherman’s buster. Riddle lifted Hardy up for the Bro Derek, but Hardy slid out and pushed him into the turnbuckle. Riddle stumbled out and right into the Twist of Fate!

Nigel McGuinness: That should do it! Hardy with the cover!

1…
2…
3!

Mauro Ranallo: What a high octane match from two of wrestling’s best!

Hardy climbed up on the turnbuckle, soaking up the adulation of the fans as EBWF went to commercial.

SEGMENT

"The Rising" by Def Rebel hit and the crowd booed as Seth Rollins, Kevin Steen and Samoa Joe made their way to the ring. Seth was carrying the briefcase he obtained at the pay-per-view.

Mauro Ranallo: Here come three men who had a great night at Gateway to Glory.

Nigel McGuinness: You're right Mauro, first Seth Rollins became number one contender for the Breakout Championship and then these three delivered a vicious beating to Christian Cage later in the night which caused the Kevin Steen versus Christian Cage match to be canceled.

The three entered the ring and Joe snatched the mic from Christy Hemme and gave it to Rollins.

Seth Rollins: At Gateway to Glory, the entire world saw the next step in the new era of EBWF because in one night the three of us made a statement.

The crowd began a "You suck" chant and the three men sneered at them.

Seth Rollins: You see Christian Cage fell into the trap. He honestly believed that Kevin would wrestle him in Texas of all places. Christian needed to be taught a lesson and that lesson could not be taught in the ring.

Kevin Steen nodded in agreement.

Seth Rollins: The best part about the whole thing was that Christian made it easy for us. It didn't take long to find him because he decided to interfere in the Queen’s Court-Liv N Bliss match.

Mauro Ranallo: Interfere?

Seth Rollins: Everyone wants to know why Samoa Joe joined up with us right?

The crowd cheered as they wanted to know why.

Seth Rollins: Joe will explain to everyone why… at a later date.

The crowd booed as Joe smirked.

Seth Rollins: There was another thing that happened at Gateway to Glory. I won this little baby right here.

Seth raised the briefcase in the air.

Seth Rollins: By pulling this down I became the number one contender for the EBWF Breakout championship and…

Suddenly the music of the new EBWF World Champion played and Xavier Woods walked out. He stood at the top of the ramp as the fans went crazy. He held the title high as the fans chanted his name. Microphone in hand he started walking down the ramp.

Xavier Woods: Seth, I apologize for interrupting you. I actually wanted to come out and personally congratulate you on an incredible match and a great opportunity. The whole world saw it and knows there is a contract to be signed. So the way I see it, why wait right? We’re both here and it would be a shame not to make it official tonight.

He climbs into the ring throwing the title over his shoulder.

Xavier Woods: I even have a pen with me. However I’ll let you finish what you were going to say and maybe you can answer this question. “Why do you feel you would be a great Breakout Champion?”

Seth smirked.

Seth Rollins: I was going to say that I will become the next Breakout Champion and to answer your question, I will be a great Breakout Champion because I've already been a great Breakout Champion before and I am the leader that this company needs for the new era and if I need to take your championship for the greater good then I will do it.

Xavier Woods: Great answer Seth. I know your history here and it’s incredible. I want to do something if you don’t mind.

Xavier walks over to the briefcase. He opens it up, grabbing the contract.

Xavier Woods: You see I was going to sign this. However I have a better idea.

He held it up as he looked toward the back.

Xavier Woods: Seth let’s be real, you didn’t want that contract because I have something you might like more. Bring it out guys.

A few staff members brought out a briefcase.

Xavier Woods: You see last night I had your briefcase switched. So the question is “do you feel lucky?” Do you want this contract or what’s in this briefcase?

Seth was starting to get angry.

Seth Rollins: What is this game you're playing Xavier? Give me my contract.

King Xavier: Relax Seth. I know you worked hard for this. However, the truth is I can’t sign it. I want to, but I can’t.

Xavier looked at his World Title and back at Seth. He ripped up the contract.

Xavier Woods: You don’t need this contract either because you’ve won so much more than a contract. Open the briefcase and show the world what you’ve really won.

Seth cautiously opened the briefcase and looked excited.

Xavier Woods: I can’t sign the contract because you're the new Breakout Champion. You earned it. If I could I’d gladly defend it against you but being a man of my word. I didn’t want to hold two titles captive. So go ahead and celebrate. Just remember if I happen to lose the EBWF World Title, I’ll be back for this.

Xavier rolled out of the ring and walked backstage. Seth laughed as he took the title out of the briefcase and held it up in the air while Steen and Joe clapped.

Mauro Ranallo: Well it's official, Seth Rollins is the new Breakout Champion!

Seth Rollins: This is for the greater good.

The Messiah dropped the microphone as "The Rising" hit again and Warfare went to commercial break.

SEGMENT

When Warfare returned from the commercial break, the camera cut to the backstage area where a woman in pink and white gear paced in a hallway. The sight of Mina Shirakawa was greeted by a mixed reaction from the crowd, and we saw a highly conflicted look on her face. After going back and forth a few times she stopped and knocked on the nearby locker room door which had a Queen’s Court sign on it. After a moment of silence she knocked again, but there was no response.

Mina Shirakawa: Utami? Utami, are you in there?

When there was still no response, Mina opened the door and found herself alone. While the Queen’s Court flag was leaned up against the back wall and Utami’s coat rested on a hanger it was something else which caught Mina’s attention. A red duffle bag sat on the floor, and the vibration of a phone could be heard rattling against the metal of keys. Mina knelt down and thrust her hand into the bag, pulling out a phone which had a lit up screen with a new notification. As Mina unlocked the phone, the camera zoomed in over her shoulder. On the screen was a conversation which had been left open, between Utami and a contact labeled “Reaper”. At this point in the conversation we saw the following:

CrimsonQueen: Are you interested?

Reaper: Same offer as before?

CrimsonQueen: Yes. I can not wait to see the look on their faces. Liv N Bliss will be living in agony.

Reaper: LOL

CrimsonQueen: Do we have a deal?

Reaper: You’ll see soon enough.

Mina gasped.

Mina Shirakawa: No way! I have to do something.

With that Mina began rustling around in another bag and pulled out her own phone. As she tapped away at it, the scene faded out.

MATCH THREE

As the camera cut back to the arena, “San Diego Girls” by Rossi Rock hit and the crowd cheered as Aalyah Gutirrez made her way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it’s time for our main event! Aalyah Gutirrez will go one on one with the EBWF Women’s Champion, Britt Baker!

When Aalyah was in the ring, “The Epic” hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Britt Baker headed down the ramp. Upon entering the ring, Baker held up her Women’s Championship, then handed it to the referee who took it out of the ring and called for the bell. Aalyah went for a lock up, but Baker caught her with a swift kick to the midsection, then followed up with a series of punches before whipping Aalyah against the ropes. As Aalyah ran back towards her, Baker hit a hip toss, then as Aalyah got back to her feet, Baker took her down with a side kick! She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Aalyah kicked out! Baker pulled Aalyah to her feet and hit a snap suplex, then stomped on Aalyah several times.

Nigel McGuinness: An aggressive start to this match by Britt Baker… she did warn Aalyah before this match that she would show her why she is regarded as one of the toughest women in the business.

Baker sat Aalyah up and applied a sleeper hold, but Aalyah fought out of it, and as both women got to their feet, Aalyah hit Baker with a series of punches. Aalyah then kicked Baker in the midsection, before hitting a sunset flip powerbomb! She hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1… 2… Baker kicked out! Both women got to their feet and Aalyah went for a roundhouse kick, but Baker ducked out of the way then hit a spinning fisherman’s neckbreaker. She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Aalyah kicked out! Baker pulled Aalyah to her feet and hit her with a series of punches, then whipped her against the ropes. As Aalyah bounced back off the ropes, Baker ran towards her, hitting a slingblade! She then pulled out a black glove, which she placed on her hand before putting Aalyah in the Lockjaw! Aalyah quickly tapped out and the referee called for the bell.

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! Another win for Britt Baker, and you have to wonder who the next challenger for the Women’s Championship will be.

Baker celebrated, then made her way to the back as the referee checked on Aalyah.

CLOSING SEGMENT

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN…”

A chorus of boos greeted the particularly ornery advocate for the former EBWF World Champion as he stormed down to the ringside area as angrily as his small legs could take him.

Mauro Ranallo: We are still reeling from the results of Gateway to Glory, as The Fiend suffered his first loss to King Xavier.

Nigel McGuiness: Worth mentioning that his “first loss” was a match for the EBWF World Championship, so it’s almost as if he lost twice. Has to be a crushing defeat for one of the most intimidating wrestlers in the EBWF today.

Mauro Ranallo: We have to assume that Paul Heyman has a lot on his mind tonight, particularly what comes next for him as he once again finds himself on the outside looking in.

Heyman, largely ignoring the negative response from the crowd, urgently stormed down to the timekeeper’s desk and snatched a microphone from the technician there, then made his way up the stairs and into the ring. Winded from his vigorous walk down the ramp, the microphone picked up his labored breathing.

Paul Heyman: My namee… is PAUL HEYMAN…

The crowd finished his sentence along with him, which clearly irked him.

Paul Heyman: And I’m NOT in the mood for a sing-along right now, so if all of you could keep your mouths shut I would be greatly appreciative.

Paul was pacing as the crowd rained boos down on him.

Paul Heyman: I am here to discuss a miscarriage of justice. A tragedy of epic proportions! As the advocate for one of the most dominant superstars the EBWF has seen in Bray Wyatt, known to the rest of you ingrates as The Fiend...

He scowled as more boos were flung in his direction.

Paul Heyman: Wasn’t defeated fairly! How do I know this? Look at The Fiend, and then look at King Xavier. Everyone knows who the more powerful athlete is. Everyone knows the one who has the mind game advantage. There’s no scenario, no story in which King Xavier walks out legitimately as the EBWF World Champion. So I am here to request, no... DEMAND a rematch.

The boos intensified as the crowd was clearly not agreeing with Heyman’s proposal.

Paul Heyman: Your opinions are noted! The Fiend is the greatest heavyweight champion that this company has ever seen! He deserves a rematch against King Xavier, who is CLEARLY several leagues below the former champ! In fact…

“You Think You Know Me!”

The crowd erupted as “Metalingus” began to play and Heyman’s eyes grew wide as his head jerked toward the stage. Edge came from behind the curtain and hyped up the crowd. Dressed in black jeans, with an Iconoclast t-shirt under a black leather jacket, The Rated R Superstar seemed to swagger as he was sans championship belts. As Metalingus cut off, Heyman put up a hand and continued speaking to a chorus of boos.

Paul Heyman: Excuse me, Mr. Copeland, but you have rudely interrupted a message of pressing importance.

Edge: Noted and intended, Paul.

Paul looked offended as Edge continued.

Edge: I really had no intention of coming out here and interrupting you, because when left unacknowledged you pretty much become a non-threat. But you know how to bait the best of us, don’t you, Paul? Did you say that The Fiend was the greatest world champion that this company has ever seen?

Paul Heyman: HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Edge: Ah, yes, I’m sure Mr. Ikeda will have a word with you about championship labeling preferences after the show, but even with your lack of appropriate titling that doesn’t change the fact that you have got to be out of your mind.

Paul Heyman: Mr. Copeland…

Edge: Edge is fine.

Paul Heyman: Edge, if I may…

Edge: Your beast was EBWF World Champion for 5 months and I’m pretty sure he graced us with his presence as many times. He isn’t the greatest champion this company has ever seen. He’s not even one of the top ten best champions this company has ever seen.

A few boos could be heard mixed in with the mostly cheers from the crowd.

Edge: And he wasn’t the first, was he, Paul? You’ve had a cadre of suckers over the years who are too blinded by fame and favor to see what you really are. A group of talent so desperate for success that they’ve allowed you to leech off of them to conflate your own relevancy.

Heyman peered down at Edge.

Edge: The Fiend wasn’t your first beast. We all remember your good friend…

Edge lowered his voice, unenthused, saying the man’s name in the same sing-songy tone that Heyman typically employed. He managed to sound bored.

Edge: Brock. Lesnar. He was sent to be the destroyer, but to no great fanfare, right Paul? Like so many of us that survived the hellscape that was 2010-2015 in EBWF, Brock’s championship reign ended when he fell to John Cena. Can’t say I relate. As a member of the executive team, I’m pretty sure you know that my match at Wrestlemania 10, where I beat John Cena for the EBWF World Championship, is one of the most streamed matches ever. I think that makes me better than Brock Lesnar.

Heyman scoffed as the crowd “oohed”.

Paul Heyman: Now you wait just a minute…

Edge: You’ve tried this for years! Hitching your wagon to the best and the brightest so you can look like some kind of mastermind. You tried forming groups. When that didn’t work, you moved on to poaching talent from the women’s roster. Whatever you got to do to keep your Oswald Cobblepot looking ass on television.

Mauro Ranallo: Well, the name calling seems unnecessary.

Nigel McGuinness: Edge has clearly been holding back for a long time.

Edge: You tried for months to get Randy, as if he needed you, and when that didn’t work you stoked Miz’s ego until low and behold he lost to your guy.

Heyman started shaking his head.

Edge: You can pretend it wasn’t a ploy to get the EBWF World Championship around one of your hand picked stooges, but we all know that it was. So, before you run your mouth, demanding a rematch for Bray Wyatt and Xavier Woods, I’m going to go ahead and be the one with the balls enough to tell you that your ass needs to go to the back of the line. We’re tired of watching you live vicariously through people who are more talented than you. You’ve been doing it since 1992 and honestly, we’re kind of over it.

Paul Heyman: Edge, before you do anything hasty…

Edge laughed.

Edge: Hasty? No, we all know why I’m here. Not only did I interrupt you to tell you that you and all the little cronies you might manage to recruit can go to the back of the line, I’m also here to speak directly to King Xavier. Fanniversary marks one year since I became the EBWF Gateway Champion. On October 30, Fanniversary, the 21st Anniversary Celebration of EBWF? I intend to cash in the Gateway Championship and face King Xavier for the EBWF World Title. Not a single Paul Heyman Guy in sight.

Heyman’s brow furrowed as he stared daggers at Edge, he slowly began to lift the mic towards his mouth but hesitated.

Edge: What’s the matter, Paul? No ace up your sleeve this time? No clever comeback? Nah, you’re just silent because, for the first time in your forgettable career as an advocate, you got nothin’.

The crowd cheered as Heyman shook with anger. He raised the mic again, and hesitated again. He glanced at the crowd a few times as they started a You Got Nothing! chant. He closed his eyes and dropped the mic, storming out of the ring and barking at a security officer to escort him out through the barricade.The crowd cheered as Edge raised his right hand and waved in Heyman’s direction. “Metalingus” hit again, and Edge looked down the camera once more. The audience at home heard his words, “Be ready, Woods! Be ready!” as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote