Addiction

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Addiction

Post by Ben M »

OOC: Good luck, Mikey!

It had been a strange few months for Tyler Senerchia, a man better known to the world as “Hook”. After signing for EBWF, Hook had made his debut in the King of the Ring tournament, where he got off to an impressive start, beating Tanga Loa in the first round. In the second round, however... Hook had lost a wrestling match for the first time in his career. Hook lost to the leader of Dynasty, Maxwell Jacob Friedman, after Ace Austin had interfered, causing Hook to get counted out. As the June pay-per-view, Total Supremacy, Hook had issued an open challenge, which was answered by a bona fide legend, Chris Jericho. Hook had beaten Jericho, picking up the biggest win of his career... and yet, since then, he had disappeared. For two and a half months, Hook had not appeared on EBWF programming, save for one brief backstage interaction with Jericho a couple of weeks after their match. However, on September 19th, Hook was scheduled to make his return against Jeff Hardy – another big name in wrestling. It was an opportunity Hook was determined to seize with both hands.

Hook arrived at the Amalie Arena with his father, Taz, a few hours before Warfare. As they pulled up outside the arena, Taz turned to his son.

Taz: You ready?

Hook nodded.

Hook: Of course.

Hook hadn’t wasted the last two and a half months; far from it. He had been hard at work at the Create A Pro wrestling academy in New York, continuing his training under Taz, Curt Hawkins and Pat Buck. Hook’s training hadn’t been limited to improving his in-ring skills, however... he had also worked on becoming more comfortable on the microphone too. Hook was trying to shake off the reputation that he was just a guy who would show up, beat an opponent in less than five minutes, then leave. He wanted to show the world – and in particular, Wes Ikeda – that he was so much more than that. Hook wanted... no, needed... to prove that he could be a star.

After Hook and Taz had entered the arena, they headed to the locker room, where Hook got changed into his ring gear. Hook and Taz then headed to the production area, and as Hook stood in front of an EBWF backdrop, his father beside him, the camera started rolling. Smirking, Hook began to speak.

Hook: Did you miss me? Two and a half months ago, at Total Supremacy, I gave the world a preview of what I’m capable of. I beat the 12-time EBWF World Champion, Chris Jericho...

Taz corrected him.

Taz: You didn’t just beat him, Hook... you choked him out. He hasn’t been the same since.

Hook nodded.

Hook: I think when Jericho answered my open challenge, he thought he could put me in my place and pick up a nice pay-per-view bonus on the process. But no, I showed him just how good I am, and I think that’s been eating away at the alleged “GOAT”. How else do you explain my long absence? Everybody knows that Jericho is best friends with the boss... doesn’t it seem a little strange that after I beat him, then disrespected him by refusing to shake his hand, I stop getting booked? How do you explain that, dad?

Taz: It’s politics, Hook. Plain and simple.

Sighing, Taz shook his head.

Hook: Well, as the saying goes, you can’t keep a good man down for long. Tonight, on Warfare, I finally get to step back into that ring, when I go one on one with Jeff Hardy. You know Jeff, when I was a kid, you were one of my favourite wrestlers. I loved watching the crazy things you did. It was only when I got older I realised that, sadly, most of the craziness in your life happened outside the ring...

Taz: The guy’s got his demons, no doubt about that.

Hook nodded.

Hook: You do have your demons, Jeff, but I’m not going to shame you for that – that’s not my style. I will, however, tell it like it is... because that is absolutely my style. It’s how my father raised me.

Hook nodded at his father in acknowledgement, as Taz laughed to himself.

Hook: You’re an addict, Jeff. And unfortunately, your addictions have been hard to shake. Despite the support of your loved ones, and the companies you’ve worked for, you just keep relapsing. And it’s a shame, really it is. Because when you’re sober, and you’re in the ring... magic happens. You were one of the people that inspired me to want to become a wrestler. My father, he warned me it wouldn’t be easy, that if I wanted to make it as a professional wrestler, it would take a lot of hard work and there would be a lot of pain...

Taz nodded.

Hook: But when I watched you Jeff, I thought to myself, “if I can have as much fun as that guy is clearly having when he’s in the ring, all the hard work and the pain will be worth it”. That’s why your fans – and I’m including myself in that – that’s why we’re always willing to forgive you, to give you another chance. We know you love wrestling, and we know you’ve got something special. But with all due respect Jeff, I’ve got something special too. That’s why I’ve been making waves this past nine months, why wrestlers have gone from joking “send Hook” to being very, very afraid when Hook is sent. I need to warn you Jeff, that I too have an addiction... but my addiction is to hurting people. Not in some sick, perverted way – I don’t get off on it or anything like that. But when I started training to become a wrestler, I realised that I was different. I realised that when I look at an opponent, I don’t see a human being, I see pressure points and weaknesses. I see a way to win, and that’s what wrestling is about for me... winning. I’m not afraid to hurt people to win, and it doesn’t matter whether I like or respect the person I’m in the ring with, I’ll hurt them anyway. You’re already hurting on the inside, Jeff... so be careful tonight. I want to see that magic of the Jeff Hardy of old, I want you to bring out the best in me, but be warned that one wrong move from you, and I’ll have you down on that mat. I choked out Chris Jericho with Red Rum, and maybe I’ll choke you out too... maybe I’ll use one of the other submission moves I’ve got in my arsenal. But please Jeff, I’m begging you, don’t be stupid. Don’t be too proud to tap out. Because if I hurt you – really hurt you... well, I don’t want to be responsible for you getting addicted to painkillers.

Hook grimaced, and let his father finish things off.

Taz: Beat Hook if you can... survive if he lets you!