Warfare Results 09/19/2022

Ben M

Warfare Results 09/19/2022

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks! It’s time for Warfare!

Nigel McGuinness: Tonight, we are live from the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida, and kicking things off we’ve got Aalyah Gutierrez in action as she goes one on one with Liv Morgan!

Mauro Ranallo: Can Aalyah pick up her first win tonight?

“San Diego Girls” by Rossi Rock hit and the crowd cheered as Aalyah made her way to the ring. When Aalyah was in the ring, “Faint” by Linkin Park hit and Liv Morgan headed to the ring. Once Liv was in the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two women locked up. Aalyah applied an arm twist, but Liv broke free and whipped Aalyah against the ropes, before hitting a dropkick. As both women got to their feet, Liv went for a snapmare, but Aalyah blocked it, then shoved Liv towards the ropes. As Liv hit the ropes, Aalyah hit her with a clothesline, sending her to the outside. Aalyah then ran against the ropes, before hitting Liv with a suicide dive!

Mauro Ranallo: Tope suicida! Aalyah flew through the air there!

Aalyah threw Liv back into the ring, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Liv kicked out! Aalyah grabbed Liv’s arm and put her in an armbar, but Liv was able to get her foot on the ropes and the referee ordered Aalyah to break the hold. As both women got to their feet, Aalyah hit Liv with a snap suplex, then as both women got to their feet, Aalyah hit a running knee. She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Liv kicked out! Aalyah pulled Liv to her feet and hit her with a series of punches. Liv fought back with some right hands of her own, then hit a jawbreaker. Aalyah stumbled backwards, and Liv hit a running single leg dropkick, then hooked the leg once more. The referee counted - 1… 2… Aalyah kicked out! Liv pulled Aalyah to her feet and set her up for a German suplex, but Aalyah blocked it and whipped Liv against the ropes, then hit her with an arm drag. Aalyah then turned Liv over, putting her in a Fujiwara armbar!

Nigel McGuinness: Aalyah continuing to work the arm there… can she make Liv tap?

Once again, Liv managed to get to the ropes and the referee ordered Aalyah to break the hold. Aaylah got to her feet and stomped on Liv’s arm several times, before pulling her to her feet and hitting a hammerlock DDT. She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Liv kicked out! Aalyah pulled Liv to her feet once again and hit her with a series of punches, then went to whip her into the corner… but Liv reversed the Irish whip, sending Aalyah into the corner. Liv ran at Aalyah, hitting a corner dropkick, then as Aalyah staggered out of the corner, Liv hit her with the Jersey Codebreaker! She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Aalyah kicked out! Liv pulled Aalyah to her feet and whipped her against the ropes, then hit ObLIVion! She hooked the leg once more - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! Liv Morgan gets the victory!

Liv celebrated as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from the commercial break, the camera cut to Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at ringside.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back to EBWF Warfare!

Nigel McGuiness: Coming up, we have an intriguing matchup between veteran Jeff Hardy and the cold, tough young Hook. The action tonight continues our build toward Fanniversary in just a few weeks.

Mauro Ranallo: That’s right, and who knows what’s going to happen on the road there!

As if on cue, “Twilight Dream” hit unexpectedly to a big pop from the crowd. Tam Nakano emerged from backstage, wearing her t-shirt over her ring gear as usual. Rather than the spear she carried during her entrances, Tam held a mic in her right hand. She paused to look out over the thousands who’d gathered in Amalie Arena as they cheered for her, then took a deep breath. With a bright smile she strode down to the ring, high fiving the outstretched hands of fans along the way. Once she had climbed the ring steps Tam paused to take in the sights and sounds of the packed arena again.

Nigel McGuiness: Last week Tam Nakano emerged victorious against Liv Morgan, extending her winning streak once again. She’s said that her goal is the EBWF Women’s Championship, and she seems well on her way towards that goal.

Mauro Ranallo: She’s gotten the attention of the current Champion, Dr. Britt Baker, DMD. It’s not for nothing that the Champion name dropped the ‘Twilight Dream’ last week.

Rather than climbing the turnbuckles, Tam stepped through the ropes and made her way to the center of the ring. Cheers continued to ring out, some solidifying into “TAM! TAM! TAM!”. Tam took those in for a few moments before raising the mic up to speak.

Tam Nakano: Hello there!

The fans cheered loudly in response, which made Tam laugh. She waited a moment before she continued.

Tam Nakano: You know, it’s that kind of support that keeps proving to me that returning to EBWF was the best decision I could’ve made. All the fears I had about whether people would remember me or care if I were here or not? Those are all gone. Your cheers don’t just make me feel welcome, they empower me to keep pushing myself to the limits and to keep getting stronger as I go on my journey! And what a journey it’s been!

This got some cheers, but Tam elaborated quickly.

Tam Nakano: From my first match back on Warfare to my pay per view return at Gateway to Glory and last week against Liv Morgan, I’ve fought with my whole heart and being. Because of your support, I stand here in this ring tonight with a record of 4-0 since I came back to EBWF! I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon, either. Which brings me to the reason I’m out here right now. There’s someone who I need to give a message to, and what better way to make sure I keep her attention than to send that message in front of the world?

Tam paused for a moment and gathered her thoughts, expression reflecting the determination which was reinforced when she spoke again.

Tam Nakano: Dr. Britt Baker-

The crowd by habit added “D-M-D!” Tam laughed a little and nodded.

Tam Nakano: That’s right, our one and only D.M.D. Britt, I’m not about to demand your attention because I know that I’ve already got it. You know that I’ve been watching you very closely. Heck, you mentioned me by name last week, and I’m flattered! Since I’ve got your attention, let me remind you of some things. You have been Women’s Champion for several months and you’ve been out here regularly. That’s an improvement over some past champions and I respect that about you. But here’s the thing - you’ve defended that title once since you won it. That’s probably not your fault, but you also said that you want women who want to fight for what they want as challengers. So here I am.

The crowd hummed with anticipation.

Tam Nakano: I’ve had my eyes on one single goal since I came back to EBWF. A journey back to the heights I reached the last time I was here. A journey that would prove that I’ve improved every part of my wrestling since my lowest point last year. A journey that’s taken me through some of the best talent our sport has to offer. It’s a journey with one end goal: the EBWF Women’s Championship. Last month I waited for my moment and focused on whoever was in the ring with me each week. Now that you’ve beaten Allysin, I feel like my moment has come. So, Britt, let me make this message as clear as I possibly can.

She paused again, lowered the mic, and gazed at the crowd as their anticipatory hum grew louder. Tam raised the mic again and smiled.

Tam Nakano: You want a fighter to challenge for that beautiful gold championship you carry on your shoulder? I’ve been fighting for this since I left to rebuild myself last year! I’ve been fighting for this since I first stepped back through that curtain over a month ago! And I think that beautiful championship will look even more beautiful around my waist. So, Britt, I’m calling my shot. I, Tam Nakano, am challenging you to a match for the EBWF Women’s Championship! Whenever you’re ready to defend it, I’m ready to fight you. Let’s make this a match people will be talking about for years!

The crowd roared its approval, with chants of ‘YES! YES! YES!” clearly audible. Tam’s smile widened.

Tam Nakano: While I respect you as champion, I’m coming to take that gold back!

Tam winked to the camera, dropped the mic, and climbed the turnbuckle to pose for the crowd. Cheers of ‘Let’s Go Tam!’ rang out as she drew out a star and tilted her head to the side with a smile.

SEGMENT

Warfare cut to the backstage area where Alexa Bliss and Liv Morgan were seen walking down the hallway.

Alexa Bliss: That was a really good match you had tonight.

Liv Morgan: Aww it was nothing Lexi.

The two laughed as they approached the Coalition's locker room door.

Alexa Bliss: I'm serious Liv you did good out there like usual.

Liv hugged Alexa in response.

Liv Morgan: You're so nice Lexi.

Alexa Bliss: I try to be.

Liv let go of Alexa and Bliss proceeded to open the door and the two entered the locker room but stopped dead in their tracks with a stunned reaction.

Alexa Bliss: What the Hell?

Liv N Bliss approached their individual lockers which appeared to have been ripped apart.

Liv Morgan: You've gotta be kidding me.

Parts of the lockers were broken off and the two women's clothes were torn apart and strewn across the floor.

Alexa Bliss: Whoever did this is gonna pay big time.

As the two stood there in anger Alexa heard a noise come from her phone that was in her pocket.

Alexa Bliss: Of all times.

Alexa took out her phone and checked her notifications.

Liv Morgan: What is it?

Alexa Bliss: A text message from an unknown number.

Liv Morgan: What does it say?

Alexa began to read the message.

Alexa Bliss: “Hey I'm glad I finally got your phone number! I have something very important to share with you.”

Liv Morgan: Something important?

Alexa continued to read.

Alexa Bliss: “I stumbled upon this series of text messages recently and knew I had to share it with you as soon as possible. I also spotted someone in the video replay of last week’s show.” There are pictures attached.

The two looked at the picture which showed a series of text messages between Utami Hayashishita and Reaper from last week. Additionally there was a screen capture showing the figure in a black hooded robe with a chain around the neck watching Liv and Alexa from the shadows.

Liv Morgan: No! I thought Rhea was gone.

Alexa sighed.

Alexa Bliss: Well it looks like she is and she's on a mission to cause us even more agony.
I guess causing me to have trouble breathing on a daily basis wasn't enough.

Alexa chuckled in disbelief.

Liv Morgan: She's not gonna hurt you again Lexi, I promise.

Alexa Bliss: That wasn't even the worst part, it was what it did to you Liv.

The two were silent for a moment.

Alexa Bliss: But don't worry we'll take care of her and Utami.

Liv sighed.

Liv Morgan: Okay.

The two continued to talk as Warfare went to commercial break.

MATCH TWO

As Warfare returned from the commercial break, “No More Words” by Endeverafter hit and the crowd cheered as Jeff Hardy made his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next we’ve got the Charismatic Enigma, Jeff Hardy, in action as he takes on the Cold Hearted Handsome Devil, Hook!

When Hardy was in the ring, “The Chairman’s Intent” by Action Bronson hit and the crowd gave Hook a mixed reaction as he headed to the ring. Upon entering the ring, Hook refused to make eye contact with Jeff Hardy, turning his back on him and staring into the crowd as he stood in the corner.

Nigel McGuinness: Hook with the mind games… he’s not even looking at Jeff Hardy!

As the referee called for the bell, Hook turned around to face his opponent. Hardy ran at Hook, going for a clothesline, but Hook ducked out of the way and grabbed Hardy’s arm, putting him in a hammerlock. As Hardy tried to fight out of it, Hook took him down to the mat, and transitioned the hold into a headlock. Hardy managed to break free, but as both men got to their feet Hook put Hardy in another headlock, this time hitting a headlock takedown!

Mauro Ranallo: Impressive speed and technical ability by Hook!

Hook pulled Hardy back to his feet and set him up for a suplex, but Hardy blocked it, then hit Hook with a sitout jawbreaker. As Hook staggered backwards, Hardy hit him with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As Hook ran back towards him, Hardy hit a dropkick, then as both men got to their feet, Hardy hit a neckbreaker. He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Hook kicked out! As Hardy pulled Hook to his feet, Hook hit him with a series of punches, followed by a headbutt! Hardy looked dazed, and Hook grabbed him, hitting a hip toss before dragging Hardy back to his feet and hitting an overhead belly-to-belly suplex!

Nigel McGuinness: Did you see that, Mauro? Jeff Hardy flew through the air!

Hook made the cover and the referee counted - 1… 2… Hardy kicked out! Hook pulled Hardy to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then hit him with a series of body shots. Hardy fought back with a kick to the face, then climbed to the top rope and hit Hook with a missile dropkick! As both men got to their feet, Hardy hit the Twist of Fate, then went back to the top rope.

Mauro Ranallo: Jeff Hardy readying himself for the Swanton Bomb… Hook could be in trouble here!

Hardy went for the Swanton Bomb, but Hook got his knees up and blocked it! As Hardy clutched his back, Hook grabbed him from behind, locking in Redrum! Hardy tapped out and the referee called for the bell.

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! The speed at which Hook can react continues to amaze me, Mauro… Jeff Hardy was in control there, and in a matter of seconds, Hook managed to swing the momentum in his favor and make Hardy submit!

Mauro Ranallo: Hook is certainly impressive, Nigel, but you have to give Jeff Hardy credit too… he made Hook work for that victory!

As the referee raised Hook’s arm in victory, “Better Than You” hit and the fans inside the arena gave a huge pop as MJF stepped out onto the stage.

Nigel McGuinness: I don’t believe it, Mauro! MJF is back!

Mauro Ranallo: I can’t believe these fans are happy about it, Nigel!

Nigel McGuinness: Well Mauro, they’ve missed him! As the saying goes, you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone…

Mauro Ranallo: Well I haven’t missed him!

MJF had a microphone in his hand and he stood at the top of the ramp, waiting for his music to be cut. When MJF’s music was cut, he brought the microphone up to speak… but then he stopped. The camera cut back to the ring, where Richard Holliday had just slid in behind Hook with a steel chair! Holliday hit Hook across the back with the chair, and the crowd booed as Hook fell to the mat and Holliday hit him with repeated chair shots. The camera cut back to MJF, who laughed, then dropped the microphone and walked back through the curtain.

Mauro Ranallo: I see MJF hasn’t changed one bit… this was all a set up!

Back in the ring, Holliday placed the chair on the mat and lifted Hook up, hitting the Market Crash onto the chair! Taz ran out to check on his son, and Holliday quickly exited the ring, following MJF to the back. Warfare went off the air as Taz helped Hook to his feet.