Arisa Hoshiki - Dark Star Debut

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Utami

Arisa Hoshiki - Dark Star Debut

Post by Utami »

Canadian Tire Center
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Monday, November 14, 2022

We open on the backstage interview area as indicated by the white, black and red backdrop emblazoned with the repeating pattern of EBWF logos. The commotion of the crew setting up all the other equipment necessary for a major broadcast can be heard from down the nearby corridors. Yet there's no backstage interviewer present, just the empty space with the backdrop. Several uneventful seconds pass and the cameraman starts to turn away as if looking for something more interesting to film. Just as the edge of the backdrop comes into view, a hand bursts into the frame to seize the camera by its lens. Somewhat forcefully the shot is dragged back to the interview space where someone has finally arrived.

When the hand releases the lens we are that its owner is none other than Arisa Hoshiki. Dressed in her dark toned ring gear and t-shirt, Arisa scowls into the camera like a disappointed mother about to scold her child. There's a primal hunger in her eyes that lights up Arisa's otherwise dour expression.

Arisa Hoshiki:
"Come on now, I asked for a cameraman to record my special message, and you are going to fulfill that request. Don't you dare walk out one before I'm ready. I'm not going to be ignored anymore."

She shifts that predatory glare toward the cameraman to reinforce the point. After allowing that to sink in she returns her attention down the lens again.

Arisa Hoshiki: "No one can say that I've been an afterthought since I was finally cleared for action, can they? Two years of being forgotten either leaves you too weak to fight or increasingly determined to make sure the world never forgets how strong you are again. From the Pulsar Kick heard 'round the world to siding with the true Queen of wrestling to getting all up in the dentist's face, I have forced the world to take notice of me. I haven't just fought my way back into a ring, I've fought my way into the headlines. Whether you like my methods or not, I'm back and I'm proving week in and week out that I'm not weak anymore. Can you imagine how many sets of eyes are on Warfare each week now just to see what Queen's Court and Arisa Hoshiki do next? The Ikeda family should be thanking me for increasing the audience for Warfare. It's the least they could do."

She frowns slightly as she continues.

Arisa Hoshiki:
"But what do I get in thanks? What's the setup for my first singles match in over two years? Arisa Hoshiki, the most skilled striker in EBWF and Dark Star of Queen's Court, is stuck babysitting the rookie. Fine. I'm a professional, and I'm gonna take care of business no matter who you throw in a ring with me. So Aalyah, let's talk real quick."

Arisa flashes a smug smirk.

Arisa Hoshiki:" You're new to this business, and it's hard isn't it? No matter how hard you fight, how quick you are on your feet, you just can't find that winning combination can you? It's like that for rookies. But don't think for a moment that your winless record means I'm not treating you like a threat. Because in this sport even the seemingly helpless rookie can score an upset if her opponent is looking past her. I'm sure that's what you're after tonight. Armed with the belief that any girl with two hands has a fighting chance, you're imagining rolling me up and getting a three cout. After all, just imagine how shocked everyone would be if your very first win came against Arisa Hoshiki of all people! You're gonna come at me with all the tricks and techniques the daughter of a legendary luchador can muster. There's always a chance you could win."

Arisa laughs derisively.

Arisa Hoshiki:
"Having that kind of hope with the way things have gone is dangerous, Aalyah. It's gonna just blind you to reality. And that kind of reckless optimism gets you hurt in this sport. So tonight, it's on me to teach you a lesson about how the world actually works."

She works a kink out of her neck as she elaborates.

Arisa Hoshiki:
"You are a threat, you have the potential to embarrass me in front of the world. So I'm going in with a killer instinct from the opening bell. My legs alone are the most dangerous weapons you've ever been up against. You can fly, you can counter, and I grudgingly admit you have guts. But for every move you throw at me I'm going to make you pay dearly. One kick from me can end more than just your night, just ask Mina. Tonight I'm going to take care of you, and it's going to be one of the most painful experiences of your young career. I didn't work my butt off for two years just to lose to the new girl in my first singles match."

That smirk returns.

Arisa Hoshiki:
"But you know what? After I dissect her with surgical precision, there might be something worth salvaging in the wreckage of Aalyah Gutierrez. Maybe the hard lesson I teach her tonight might awaken something better than mindless optimism in her. There's always the chance that she's got the potential to do whatever it takes, unlike her old man. Besides, I don't feel like ending a career tonight. That's not going to teach the right lesson. So instead, Aalyah, I think I'll do my duty as a babysitter and put you to sleep. And as you're locked into the Black Hold and the world around you begins to fade, the last distant light you see will be blinding in its brilliance. The strength of the Dark Star is going to be seared into your memory. Let it make you better than you are. It's the only way you're gonna get anywhere in this sport."

She flashes a bright smile for a moment, then laughs meanly before shoving the camera away.