What's your focus?

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

What's your focus?

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened backstage at Warfare. Britt Baker was standing in the front of a camera, and when the camera started rolling, Britt began to speak.

Britt Baker: So here we are, at the first Warfare of 2023. It’s a new year, which is exciting... even if it is a shame we have to start things off here in Mississippi.

The crowd began to boo, which seemed to amuse Britt.

Britt Baker: Hey, don’t take it personally Beloxi, I’ve wrestled in worse places. Honestly, I’m just glad to be on the show – as I pointed out a few weeks ago, I haven’t been booked much recently, and it’s left me feeling a little frustrated. But like I said, it’s a new year. That means a fresh start, right? Every January, people look back at things that haven’t gone their way the past 12 months, and tell themselves “this year is going to be different”. It’s inevitable, just like the fact is that for most people, the coming year won’t be any different than the last. As the old saying goes, if you want things to be different, you’ve got to make changes, whereas a lot of people just seem to expect things to get better through the power of positive thinking. They want something more from life, but they’re not willing to put the work in to achieve it. I wonder if my opponent tonight, Liv Morgan, is one of those people. Now Liv, let me be clear – I know all about your history here in EBWF. You’ve won the Royal Rumble, you’ve been Queen of the Ring, you’re a former Women’s Champion... but all those accomplishments were several years ago. Since you returned to EBWF last year, you seem different. I can’t quite put my finger on why, but you don’t seem to have that same drive you once had. I mean it literally feels like you came back here to be Alexa Bliss’ best friend, and nothing else. I mean, really? Ugh.

Britt pulled a face of disgust, then continued speaking.

Britt Baker: One of the things I learned last year is that if you want to be at the top of the women’s division here in EBWF, you have to focus on yourself. That’s why you don’t see Leva Bates around here anymore – she was holding me back, so I ended that friendship... rather violently, if you remember.

Britt paused for a moment, smirking, then continued.

Britt Baker: Sure, there were times when it would have been nice to have someone in my corner – especially when I was dealing with Allysin Kay – but I realised if I wanted to stay at the top of the women’s division, I couldn’t rely on anyone except myself. I had to fight my own battles, and I did so successfully. For seven months, I was the EBWF Women’s Champion, and although I lost that title at Fanniversary, I gave Tam Nakano the fight of her life. I said it at the time, I’ve said it since, and I’ll say it again right now because there is no shame in admitting it – Tam Nakano deserved to beat me. She deserves to be champion, and do you know what I find really interesting? She seems to be one of the only other women in EBWF who is focusing on themselves. That’s why she was able to end my title reign, because she was focused. She knew she wanted to be the EBWF Women’s Champion, and she beat everyone in her path until she claimed the gold. She had a hell of a match against Arisa Hoshiki at Christmas Eve of Destruction, she kept her focus, and she’s still the champion. What did you do at Christmas Eve of Destruction, Liv? Oh that’s right, you got your ass kicked by Utami Hayashishita. And why were you fighting Utami? You wanted vengeance for what she did to Alexa Bliss at Fanniversary. You and Alexa, you’re fighting for the wrong reasons, Liv – you’re fighting for friendship, and that’s why you’re nowhere near the Women’s Championship. It’s sad, really.

Britt made a sad face, then chuckled to herself.

Britt Baker: Well let’s see where your focus is tonight, Liv. Because tonight, you are going up against one of the very best in EBWF – a former Women’s Champion who is still owed her rematch, Dr Britt Baker, DMD. My focus is on reclaiming that championship, and if I don’t get my rematch soon, maybe I’ll have to win the Last Survivor match again to stake my claim. Do you want to be Women’s Champion, Liv? Or are you content being the lesser half of Team Liv N Bliss? Since all your attention seems to be on Alexa Bliss and trying to fight her battles, I’m sure you’ll remember my history with Alexa. In which case, you will remember that I won that feud. And if I can beat her, I sure as hell can beat you. See you in the ring, Liv... I look forward to shutting you up, and making you tap.

Britt waved goodbye, as if dismissing Liv Morgan, then walked away.