Second

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
D.J

Second

Post by D.J »

Reinvention. That was a word that was pretty imperative to success in the business of professional wrestling. It was hard to continue to roll out the same character the same way, day after day, month after month, and year after year. The fans love the superstars that can adapt, that can stay relevant, that can somehow manage to have longevity in a business that so often chews guys up and spits them out. The Miz has reinvented himself. He's adapted, he's stayed relevant, and he's had longevity in this business that some can only dream of. As 2023 started it would be year 11 for The Miz since he was reinstated- and in his own words- since his career started again. He was a 6 time World Champion and he'd done it wearing many different hats. He'd done it on his own, he'd done it as part of factions, he'd done it aligned with one partner. The point was, he'd done it- time and time again. Upon his return it looked as though he would rejoin the company in a familiar way- a villian who once again turned Alex Riley back to the dark side. Instead- it was Miz who once again surprised the audience- showing Matt Riddle a ton of respect for his amazing effort at Fanniversary- and going one further- aligning with him to form an alliance that EBWF fans were LOVING in "Bro Awesome" Though their interaction seemed lighter- it was just a couple of weeks ago where The Miz showed the entire world that there was still one thing that turned him into a monster. The Miz made it abundantly clear that when the EBWF Championship was involved, the jokes were over, and it became alarmingly serious. His victory over EBWF Champion Xavier Woods, proved that he was still more than game to go up against the companies best after over a decade of extremely consistent participation and performance. It was this victory that gave Miz the gall to ask Wes Ikeda for a re-match with Woods, this time for the richest prize in the game. It was a request that Ikeda granted for the first Warfare of 2023- and it was a request that The Miz CERTAINLY would be extremely excited about.

The scene faded into the logo of The Miz. It spun around on the screen before Riddle's logo joined in. It was a just a big version of Matt's head that blew a puff of smoke out and the word "BROOOOO" was heard. The camera zoomed into the EBWF World Championship. It then panned to the right and it was revealed that ALL 6 of the EBWF Title belts held by The Miz were going to be what we faded into. The different designed titles over the years inhabited The Miz' trophy case in his home office in Los Angeles, California. The camera panned to one empty case and it was labeled COMING 1/2/23. The camera then zoomed out from the trophy and it came as no surprise that the man shown as the camera zoomed out was The Miz. He was in a fancy suit and had sunglasses on inside. His hair was slicked all around and he looked more like Trilogy Miz than 'Bro Awesome' Miz. It looked as though Miz was going to start this segment but after a few beats, a wry smile formed on his face as we heard foot steps on the stairs leading down to this man cave of sorts. It was Matt Riddle. Only he also wore a very similar suit and his hair was tied up tight in a ponytail. He also wore similar sunglasses. He looked at Miz who returned the glance. The two comedically nodded in unison and Miz once again went to start the segment. However once again we heard footsteps on the stairs, and after several beats, Michael Cole walked down the stairs also in a designer suit and sunglasses. He fist bumped both Riddle and Miz and sat backwards in a chair like the "cool" teacher in high school. The Miz finally spoke.

The Miz: What's up Cole?

Michael Cole: Sup bros.

Riddle nodded and smiled.

Riddle: My bros. How WE doing? Because I know how we lookin- is friggity friggity FRESHHHHH.

The Miz smirked.

The Miz: Fact is boys- this type of get up is the only thing I feel comfortable in when I'm about to become the EBWF Champion- and shhh.. don't tell anyone.. but in the first Warfare of the New Year..

He whispered.

The Miz: I'm about to become the EBWF World Champion. So Matt.. my bro... Michael... can't believe I'm saying this.. but my bro. Thank you for donning the suits that are fit for the crew of the NEXT EBWF CHAMPION- the greatest of the great- cream of the crop- superest of superstars- your favorite wrestler's favorite wrestler- This beautiful bastard in front of you right now- The Miz. Dare I say it.. you both look great.. even you Cole.

Cole hilariously chewed gum with his mouth open like a cocky bro.

Michael Cole: Thanks brah.

He blew a bubble. Riddle nodded furiously and had a big smile on his face, loving everything about Michael's antics.

Riddle: So bro- we are just a couple of days away. You're going to be the EBWF World Champion for the 7th time. That's like as many times as I saw Clerks in theatres. I'M NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE TODAY.. except like that's just a movie quote.. and in this situation bro.. it's not at all true. I am supposed to be here.. like I was invited- I got this suit- I belong here with my bros. More importantly Miz- YOU are supposed to be here bro. You are supposed to be the guy that sits at the top of the EBWF- not that lame-a -lame- a-ding-dong Xavier Woods. There's superstars and there's legends. Xavier Woods may be a pretty alright superstar, but who he goes up against at Warfare is a freakinggg legend bro. Absolutely no comparison, no contest, no competition. My bro The Miz- 48 hours away from being the champ- and it's going to be rad like a fad bro.

Michael Cole didn't break rhythm.

Michael Cole: Rad like a fad.

The Miz had his eyes locked on Cole who stared forward and continued to chew his gum. Miz tried not to break character but a slight smile formed as if he was about to laugh.

The Miz: I mean Matty- I don't know what to say man- you're blossoming. That was all really well said. You say Xavier.. Xavier.. hi... remember me.

The Miz took his sunglasses off and waved into the camera before returning them to his eyes.

The Miz: I'm the guy that just a couple of weeks back- wrestled you into an Auntie Anne's pretzel- and made a mockery of the fact that you, and NOT ME, are currently holding the title that signifies, implies, that you and NOT ME are the best around here. Boy was that enjoyable, and do you wanna know why that was enjoyable, do ya? Do ya kid? Well I'll tell you. The reason it was so enjoyable to wake you up from this weird dream slash nightmare that we're all in right now. Was because I could actually tell that you thought that I was going to be a night off for you. I can actually tell that even despite this match- you STILL think that my challenging you for the title is somehow.. random. Like it's beneath you, like it's somehow not worth your time- similar to Matt's fake wife that he divorced.

Riddle didn't skip a beat

Riddle: Yeah bro she sucked.

Michael Cole: Suckkeddd bro.

The Miz: Your false bravado is crazy Xavier- it's cute- it shows me that obviously weren't much of a fan of the EBWF- it's like you're in it somehow but you don't really watch it. Like are you watching me right now? Xavierrrrr Hiiii helllloooooo- So like if I was to say I wish Xavier would disappear into the woods and never come back. Would that make ya mad? Even more so if I said that you holding the EBWF Championship is not only funny ha-ha pathetic, that it's borderline humilating for an otherwise proud company with countless champions of prestige and ability.. including and ESPECIALLY yours truly. Would that offend you? If I said that I not only thought you were the worst champion in EBWF history-but that I'm also going to prove it.. would that make you nervous? I hope you're listening- and if you're not- I, like ive done better than anybody for over a decade will without a doubt turn these words into actions, that you maybe you won't hear, but you will definitely FEEL. Like I'm going to physically decimate you to the point that even though you might have your Beats By Dre headphones on sound proof right now, while I warn you of what's to come, it's going to be bad enough that it will be CRYSTAL clear that you should NOT have- and will never- ignore me again.

Riddle: Going to be pretty hard to ignore you when you're slamming his goofy face into the mat, bro.

Michael Cole: Can't ignore that bro.

The Miz smirked.

The Miz: No you can't. No you most certainly can't. Xavier Woods' confidence right now is sky high- he also may be sky high.. but as we've demonstrated there's nothing wrong with that.. UNTIL.. until you start getting SO HIGH that you start making mistakes. Xavier Woods a couple weeks ago underestimated me. Mistake. Xavier Woods still thinks I don't deserve to be in the ring with him... LUNACY.. but also a mistake. Xavier Woods thinks there's NO way that I can beat him again for his title. MISTAKE. I've been doing this long enough at a level that people know I'm real. Like I did a month ago with Matt- I recognized real.

Michael Cole: REAL RECOGNIZE REAL BRO.

The Miz: Exactly- and that's why you see the coolest duo in the game before you today. However, being in the ring with Xavier Woods- well quite frankly it was the opposite feeling. The word that came to mind.. fake. It's fake. Everything that is Xavier Woods is fake. Are you the champion? Yes. That's fake though. You see the champion means you're the best in the company- and as I proved pretty definitively- that's just not true. I can tell you from years and years of experience- a couple weeks back when I wrestled this clown- I could not shake the fact that this idea that Xavier freaking Woods could be a main event player, that Xavier Woods is a worthy champion, that Xavier Woods had the shoulders to carry this company.. IS A FAKE IDEA. There's nothing about you Xavier that is going to help you become the EBWF ICON that I am. There's nothing driving you.. motivating you.. pushing you.. to strive to stretch to GET BETTER.. and then win.. AND GET BETTER.. and win.. and GET BETTER.. until you are UNSTOPPABLE.. UNDENIABLE.. UNBEATBLE.. UNTIL YOU ARE THE BEST WRESTLER in the HISTORY of this freaking planet. That Xavier is what it takes to be a legend, that's what it takes for you to be immortal in this company, that's what it takes to BE THE MIZ. You don't have that Xavier.. you don't. You're having your moment, so you're puffing your chest out, and trying to convince people that you're ready for it, that you deserve it. But let me assure you Xavier.. you VS me.. is going to do nothing but prove one thing- and that one thing is this. Sometimes the biggest smelliest piece of shit stands out most in a dumpster.

The Miz stared a hole into the camera which was borderline funny based on the words he just said. Riddle looked up confused as if he was trying to figure out a difficult math problem. All of a sudden he looked as though a light bulb game on.

Riddle: Bro- I think I get it. You're saying the EBWF before you came back was like the dumpster. And because Xavier was one of the loudest/ "smelliest" in your phrase.. he found a way to stand out.

The Miz stared at Riddle and a slowly smile formed on his face.

The Miz: You're sharp today bro.

Michael Cole: As a tack bro...

The Miz smiled

The Miz: Riddle, you're exactly right. The EBWF that existed before my return, before the formation of Bro Awesome, was SO underwhelming that Xavier Woods was a blind squirrel that somehow found a nut. Well the second The Miz returned- it was a countdown to me taking your nut and stepping on it right in front of you.

Michael Cole: Would be NUTS bro.

Riddle nodded and smiled.

Riddle: Ouch mc-gouch bro.. stepping on his nut. That's gotta smart. The fact is though bro, its he shouldn't have even have that nut in the first place. It's a FLUKE that he had a nut. It is.. well it is nuts.. you're right Cole.

The Miz: And you can bet your nuts- that Xavier Woods is NUTS enough to go into this match expecting to win it. Xavier you haven't been here awhile so let me introduce myself.

The Miz took off his sunglasses.

The Miz: What's up my man.. my name is MIKE MIZANIN.. you can call me The Miz. For 11 years now I have been this companies FACE. I have put butts in seats. I have CAPTIVATED- ENTERTAINED- with some of the most MUST-SEE moments in the history of this business. More than that though- I've WON.. and I've WON A LOT. You know why that is Xavier? It's not because I'm the biggest, or because I'm the strongest, I mean I am the most handsome- but that's not why EITHER! I've won a lot of matches, a lot of titles, I've had long runs with those titles. The reason being is because I am truly willing to do anything, EVERYTHING, to be successful. I don't want to be the EBWF Champion- I NEED to be the EBWF Champion. You don't NEED to be the champion.. do you Xavier? If you.. I'm sorry.. when you lose on Monday.. it's not going to motivate you. It's not going to inspire you. For someone like me.. it would.. someone who eats, sleeps, and breathes this business.. it would. For you though it's going to serve as the reminder that you lost something you NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE. The reason you shouldn't have it- isn't because you're not talented, it's not because you can't be good.. it's because the difference between ENJOYING being the champ.. and being FUELED by it.. are SO astronomical that our match at Warfare for you not ONLY isn't going to be fun.. it's going to be DOWNRIGHT DANGEROUS.

The Miz was now seething into the camera, by far the most intense moment of the segment. Cole broke the tension.

Michael Cole: DANGER bro.

Riddle side eyed Miz to see what his reaction was going to be. When Miz broke the tension with a smile, Riddle added one of his own, and nodded.

The Miz: None of this is my fault, Xavier. You see- I don't even know you personally. Honestly man, you could be the nicest guy in the world, for all I know you might be. However, one thing I can say for sure- is that you're not the smartest one. The SECOND you became the EBWF Champion- the SECOND the ref's hand hit for three and you reached that pedestal- is the SECOND that you became PUBLIC ENEMY number 1. Now you may be thinking, "Miz you weren't even here." Let me tell you something Xavier. When you're obsessed with something.. it doesn't matter where you are, or what you're doing. You ALWAYS have that thing on your mind. So while I was changing diapers, watching Miss Rachel, and baking cookies.. I WAS STILL AWARE of where my OBSESSION was. I still had COMPLETE knowledge of who was keeping my OBSESSION warm for me. So the SECOND I stepped back through the doors I was zero'd in on you Xavier. You may not have known it, you may not have sensed it, but the second I got in the ring with you a couple weeks back, it was a feeling of relief. It was a relief because finally I got to show that even after all this TIME- I still am LIGHTYEARS ahead of ANYBODY that has EVER claimed to be the best in this business- LIGHTYEARS ahead of ANYONE ELSE that has ever been in possession of MY title. What was CLEAR that night a couple weeks back, Xavier, was that you are CERTAINLY no exception. I am in a LEAGUE of my own Xavier..

Michael Cole: Women's Baseball Bro...

The Miz: Right like wo..

The Miz looked at Cole as if to say what just happened. He shook his head and continued.

The Miz: A league of my own.. like women's baseball bro.. and if you STILL want to doubt that, be our guest.

Riddle: Beauty and the Beast bro..

The Miz: Like Beauty and th...

Cole didn't look at Riddle- he simply executed a finger wiggle with Riddle. Miz again looked at both of them and continued.

The Miz: Like Beauty and the Beast- except in our case, Xavier I'm both. I'm a beauty with this moneymaker- and a beauty in that ring. Nobody does this better than me, nobody makes this look like pure art.. pure BEAUTY.. quite like me. However, unfortunately for you I'm ALSO a beast. I'm a beast- I'm relentless- I'm blood thirsty when the EBWF Championship is up for grabs. Right now Xavier.. I smell blood.. right now Xavier.. much like other animals other beasts.. I can sense your fear. I know that you know what I'm saying is true. I know that despite the arrogance, despite the borderline insanity that is Xavier Woods, DEEP DOWN.. he knows that he's been nothing.. NOTHING.. NOTHING.. more than a placeholder. If he didn't know.. the second our match started a couple weeks back, he KNEW. He may have gone back and convinced himself that if he focuses just a little bit more. If he tries just a little bit harder. That he can make up the difference. He may have got himself back to believe that he CAN do this. However.. the BAD news for him.. is the SECOND.. our SECOND match.. starts.. is the SECOND.. that you know.. FOR SURE.. that no matter how much you focus.. or how much you try.. that as long as I'm around.. you will NEVER BE HIGHER THAN SECOND.

BECAUSE I'MMMM THE MIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ANNNNNNND I'MMMMMMMMMMM

AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESOMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Riddle sensed the intensity and didn't even attempt to get into the middle of that tag line. Riddle fist bumped a fired up Miz- the three men left the room- and the camera zoomed into that empty trophy case patiently waiting EBWF Championship belt number 7 for Mike Mizanin.
THE MIZ

EBWF World Champion (x7- Current) EBWF Intercontinental Champion (x3) EBWF Tag Team Champion (x2) EBWF PTG Champion (x2 ) EBWF Gateway Champion (1x)