Setting the Tone

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Brock Anderson

Setting the Tone

Post by Brock Anderson »

You’re browsing Youtube when you see a video has been recently uploaded on the EBWF channel. You click on the uploaded video and as soon as the 2:34 minute commercial is over (ironically trying to market things you just talked to your husband/wife about an hour ago), you see Christy Hemme standing in front of the typical EBWF backing. The camera is zoom in on her, microphone in hand.

Christy Hemme: Thank you for joining us for an EBWF online exclusive. We have some exciting news for the fans and the pro wrestling community as a whole! I have here standing with me second generation talent, Brock Anderson!

The camera pans out to reveal Brock Anderson standing beside Christy, wearing a tucked in purple and yellow polo into a pair of medium washed blue jeans and a braided belt. A pair of sunglasses draped around his neck by a lanyard. A look of smugness is across his face as he looks to Christy and then to the camera.

Christy Hemme: Brock, thank you for joining us as you prepare to make your debut this Monday night at Warfare! Please share with us your thought on this big milestone in your career.

Brock looks away from the camera slightly, leaning down to the microphone that Christy is holding.

Brock Anderson: Christy, there’s a lot that goes through a person’s head as they gear up for what’s arguably one of the biggest moments of a wrestler’s career. Monday night… Warfare… that’s an opportunity that I’ve been working toward my entire life. I’ve been studying and training to make it here my entire life or at least as far back as I can remember.

Brock looks back to the camera and a stern seriousness comes across his face. His calmed demeanor comes through in his words. A brief pause is had

Brock Anderson: This coming Monday Night, in New Orleans… we have an opportunity. Myself and Max Caster will open up that show, as the eager fans sit in their sets the music will hit and that’s when it’s on. There will be a tone, a tension in the air before either one of us even make it to the ring. And then once I come face to face with Max, as the crowds pour in their emotions from the stands and the fans at home look intently at the screen at home, there will be another tone to set. Opening the show is a big responsibility, Christy, you know that. It’s up to us to set the standard on what the rest of the show is gonna be like; it’s up to us keep the fans out of their seats. It’s up to us to set the tone.

Brock grins back at the camera as he takes another brief pause.

Brock Anderson: But that’s not where my mind is, Christy… to hell with what the crowd is thinking or the fans sitting at home. No, I’m looking at a different tone that’s being set. I’m looking at the tone that will be set on my career as I go in there and pour out my heart and soul into my debut match on Warfare. The tone that travels back to the higher ups who’ll watch my match against Caster and say, “Damn, this kid’s got something.” but most importantly, the tone that the roster of E-Bee-Dubya-Eff get.. especially the ones holding the gold.. when they realize they might need to work a little harder on their routines and clutch their belts a little tighter cause Brock Anderson is a genuine threat.

Brock pulls away from the microphone, and sets his hands on his hips as he pokes out his chest, nodding in agreement with his own statements.

Christy Hemme: And Max Caster, your opponent Monday night.. he makes his return to Warfare, what are your thoughts there?

Brock scrunches up his face and leans back to the microphone.

Brock Anderson: “Listen… Listen…”

He lets out a small, practically faked chuckle before looking into the camera with an up’d intensity and volume of speaking.

Brock Anderson: No you LISTEN here! Caster, I know your games… you come out spouting non-sense before you even make it to the ring. Hell, I admittedly like it.. because I know the strategy you’re trying to pull. I grew up watching and being close to the best in the business, Max.. I know mind games when I see it. Being in that ring isn’t just a physical competition; there’s a mentality you have to be in. Caster comes out tearing his opponents apart, breaking down all their insecurities, airing all the dirty laundry. Embarrassing them.

Brock smirks

Brock Anderson: Getting in their heads. Admittedly, I kind of love it. Reminds me a little of my old man except with extra gimmicky bull crap.

His smirk is washed away again with a serious look as Christy seems to widen her eyes in both confusion and surprise.

Brock Anderson: But lemme tell you something.. and you better LISTEN.. those trashy little nursery rhymes don’t mean jack to me, dude. Caster, you better plan on bringing your everything and then some, cause that’s what it’s gonna take to put me down. I’ve got all the drive, the momentum, and if Caster thinks for one second his silly raps are gonna get into the head of an Anderson. You’ve gotta another thing coming.

Another brief pause, looking to Christy and then back to the camera. The volume and intensity from before gone and a calm, seriousness falls back over Brock.

Brock Anderson: I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, Warfare is my opportunity to set the tone on my career at E-Bee-Dubya-Eff… There’s not a single person that’s coming between me and that opportunity to set this train on the right track. Caster, we’ll see you Monday.

Anderson squints and then snarls before abruptly walking out of the scene. Christy stands there in view of the camera as the camera fades to black. EBWF logo flashes at the end with some hot link boxes suggesting other videos.
Ben M

Re: Setting the Tone

Post by Ben M »

Good work, I enjoyed reading this!