Arisa Hoshiki - Old Enemies

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Utami

Arisa Hoshiki - Old Enemies

Post by Utami »

Solitude is something which even the most dangerous women in professional wrestling need from time to time. Far away from the distractions of a world that’s becoming increasingly complicated with each passing week, one of them seeks solace and clarity. Arisa Hoshiki’s done everything she can to be taken seriously as a competitor in the ring as well as a member of Queen’s Court. Every action she’s taken since returning to wrestling has been aimed at leaving no doubt that she’s in the best shape physically and mentally of her entire career. No hesitation, no mercy, no regrets. Let the fickle idiots in the crowd boo her all they wanted, it makes no difference to her execution. Each and every woman who steps into the ring with her gets the same treatment. All that matters is that Arisa’s doing what she does for herself, rather than at the behest of others.

The results have been better than any so called experts could have predicted. Two years away from the sport and she scored two big wins in her first matches. She got herself a shot at the most prestigious championship in the sport after just a month of competition! It’s clear that in the leadup to Christmas Eve of Destruction the new Arisa Hoshiki was completely undeniable in the ring. Then things changed when she actually fought Tam. A great deal of things no less.

Nothing she did was enough to put away someone she’d been convinced was weaker than her. Despite her resourcefulness and deadly fighting skill, Tam just wouldn’t stay down. The pain of the loss hangs with her, haunts her. Not so much the fact of losing itself, but the questions it’s raised. Is she really strong if she can’t beat Tam? Was she really as resilient as she’d been in that match, or had she expended her best effort against the Twilight Dream? Why is it that no matter what she’s said the fans are cheering for her again? And why does she not reject their cheers wholesale like she did before?

Arisa sighs and stares at her reflection in the mirror. It’s just as dour as it was about a month ago when she was preparing to face a former EBWF Women’s Champion no one gave her a chance against. That’s when this really began. Being stomped face first into the mat and still finding a way to get her shoulder up to continue and then win the fight. Looking at herself in the mirror now, she can honestly say that she’s got no regrets about her performance in the final main event of 2022. It’s the kind of performance that proves she’s as strong as she says she is, and one day it’s going to earn her the top spot again. Yes, she’s strong, and so is Tam. A smirk crosses her lips as she thinks aloud.

Arisa Hoshiki: “I’m not finished yet. That’s just the beginning.”

That’s all well and good, but there’s still the issue of Utami. The only person to reach out to her and offer her assistance; the one woman who encouraged her to keep fighting to get cleared to make a return to the ring. There’s no question that she owes her career renaissance to the intervention of Utami Hayashishita. Yet Utami had come out during her match with Tam, when Arisa’s hurting leg thwarted her efforts to get the champion back into the ring. Then last week Utami came out in the middle of Arisa’s moment and made it into an announcement of her own pursuit of the title. Of course Arisa acquiesced to Utami’s whims but she’s still stuck contemplating the thing she’d gone out to speak of. Now that she’s got space to herself again she has to wonder: is Queen’s Court the reason she’s not EBWF Women’s Champion now? And if so, what does that mean for her desire to support her friend Utami no matter what? A scowl crosses her lips and she glowers at her reflection - no. Utami only wants what’s best for her. Time to refocus her thoughts.

Arisa Hoshiki: “Right. Right. Another ghost from my past - Jamie.”

Jamie’s arrival in EBWF has already made waves. Just like Arisa she’s gotten a big win in her singles debut for the company. From her words she’s deadly serious about doing exactly the thing which Arisa’s trying to help Utami do. How dare she! Arisa scoffs at the idea - the only person who’s going to conquer EBWF is Utami Hayashishita! Heck, maybe Arisa wants to do the conquering herself. She’s certain she can do it after taking the best Tam could dish out and still nearly getting the win. The more she thinks about Jamie, the more she realizes how much she wants to knock the newest roster member down a peg. What better way to do that than with a Pulsar Kick?

She gazes at the portrait of Jamie sitting on the counter of her vanity. This is a woman who’s made an immediate impact, and Arisa’s noticed some things about her. There’ve been changes since they were both in Japan, but that went both ways. Fighting Jamie Hayter in 2023 is going to be far more dangerous than in 2019. Yet the only response Arisa has to that thought is a savage smile of her own.

Arisa Hoshiki: “It goes both ways, Jamie.”

Rather than at the Queen’s Court locker room, Arisa’s chosen the interview area as the setting for her message to Jamie. Much easier to find the people she needs to record it that way. They’re just finishing an interview with a woman in a pink t-shirt whom Arisa only partly pays attention to. Her focus is Jamie, not someone Utami will deal with soon. Dressed in her ring gear and entrance coat, Arisa storms in front of the camera with determination. Her expression leaves no space for doubt from the cameraman about what to do. It’s her turn.

Arisa Hoshiki: “You’re not going anywhere, buddy. I don’t care how big of news you think she is, but I promise you that I’ve got much more important things to say right now. So just sit tight and listen well, ‘cause I’ve got someone special waiting to hear my words.”

She takes a deep breath, then glares down the camera.

Airsa Hoshiki: “Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. I should’ve known it was only a matter of time before you showed up here. You’ve always been the kind of woman who wants to send a message with her actions on the biggest stage possible. What bigger stage than EBWF, home of the very highest level of competition in the world? You’ve chosen your stage well and you’ve made your message for everyone very clear. Total domination of every other woman here and the EBWF Women’s Championship around your waist. That’s not an idle threat either, because you’re just as dangerous as you say you are. Heck most women here might give fighting you a second thought or question themselves when they’re about to lock up with you.”

Arisa nods with conviction as she speaks.

Arisa Hoshiki: “Because Jamie’s right, she has a habit of letting her actions do the talking for her. Everywhere she’s gone she’s been a destructive force that cuts through everyone in her path as she pursues a goal. Now her path’s taken her into EBWF, and she proved just what she’s capable of by beating a former EBWF Women’s Champion last week. Jamie’s confidence is well founded, she’s very very good at what she does. She’s going to be in that title picture at some point, and until then anyone who she fights is going to be in for an absolute war with her. I know exactly what I’m in for tonight, because Jamie and I have a history.”

Her face goes stern as she continues.

Arisa Hoshiki: “You see Jamie and I have been in the same place before. She came into my world, in Stardom, and became one of the most dangerous forces there very quickly. When she says she was dominant, that’s not an understatement. Even among the hardest hitting women in the sport she stood out as especially dangerous. The first time we fought, I was on a year long undefeated streak and wore gold around my waist. Jamie promised to end that streak and I’m woman enough to admit that she did. She beat me then. She made me question myself, too - was I really good enough to stay champion when she came for me? Everything pointed to her taking that gold from me and continuing to run rampant all over Stardom. But since she prefers actions to do the talking, maybe I should remind her what happened when that gold was on the line.”

Arisa grins.

Arisa Hoshiki: “As good as she was, I knew I had to get better to stand a chance. I watched hours of footage, especially that first match so that I’d be ready for her. And when the gold was on the line, who won? That’s right, Arisa Hoshiki. As good as she is, as dangerous as she is, she’s not invincible.”

The Dark Star actually smiles at this.

Arisa Hoshiki: “And just like then I’ve been watching how Jamie’s grown in the last three years. She’s gotten better and better with every passing year. It’s terrifying how much she’s improved on an already dominant skill level since she left Stardom. There’s a good reason she’s as confident as she is in her ability to crush everyone she faces in EBWF. Even though we’ve fought, I’m sure she knows about my time away from the ring. I’m sure that someone with the killer mentality she’s got must assume that Arisa Hoshiki’s best days are behind her. That I’m an idiot for coming back to the ring and I’ve nearly gotten myself permanently injured in the matches I’ve had. Maybe she’s even convinced that I’m unsure of myself. After all, two years away from a ring must mean I’m no better than the woman she split two matches with. If that’s the case, she’s going to destroy me like she did to Liv Morgan last week.”

Arisa laughs.

Arisa Hoshiki: “Jamie, I’ve got some news for you: you’re not the only one who’s improved significantly since we last met. I’m not Liv Morgan. I’m the woman who’s defied the odds to come back from what everyone thought was a career ending injury. I’m the woman who won her first two singles matches in two years and then followed it up by nearly winning that championship you’re after. I’ve discovered something in me that you can’t dominate. No matter how hard you hit me, I’m going to kick you back harder. No matter how many lariats you hit me with I’m going to keep getting up, crawling up onto my feet if I have to. Whatever you can dish out, I’m going to take, survive and hit you right back with.”

Her expression grows serious

Arisa Hoshiki: “Jamie’s dangerous, yeah. But she’s about to step into the ring with the most dangerous woman in professional wrestling. Not only can one of my kicks end a match instantly, I’m hungrier than I’ve been in a very long time. A couple weeks ago I got a taste of the gold, and falling a split second short makes me determined to work harder to get another shot. To do that I’m gonna have to prove myself again, and that starts with kicking Jamie’s head into the rafters. But it’s more than that. Jamie’s come in here and wants to push people around because she feels like it’s her right to do so. She thinks everyone’s weaker than her. I can’t stand that kind of entitlement!”

Arisa snarls a little.

Arisa Hoshiki: “You see I had to deal with bullies who thought I was weak before. They didn’t have the guts to do it to my face, but they had that same attitude of being entitled to it because they thought they were better than me. After the hell I put myself through to drive the weakness from my body and get back into this ring, I promised I’d never let someone do that to me again. So if Jamie thinks she can waltz in here and bully her way to the top? She’s got a rude awakening coming. I’ll gladly put myself through the hell of a match with her, and I’ll keep coming after her no matter what. I know what you’re wondering - is the pain and suffering I’m gonna go through worth it? Could it possibly be worth the hell I’m about to be put through?”

She then smiles again.

Arisa Hoshiki: “Yes. Yes it is. It’s worth it for that one moment of satisfaction as she’s staring up at the lights and the ref counts three. So I’m going to relentlessly remind you what I’m capable of, Jamie. That path of destruction of yours is getting a detour courtesy of my Pulsar Kick. You might have shined in your debut but tonight you’re getting eclipsed by the Dark Star.”