EBWF Website Exclusive: Becky Breaks Her Silence

Becky Lynch

EBWF Website Exclusive: Becky Breaks Her Silence

Post by Becky Lynch »

“It has come to my attention that a promo involving myself, Alexa Bliss, and Liv Morgan has caused controversy. To shun me is one thing, because I was the ringleader of the scene where Alexa and myself 'shot' actresses made up to look like Trish Stratus and Natalya on or around January the 26th and January the 27th.

My being shunned means nothing to me. I’m used to it, because I bring trouble wherever I’m at. That’s how I’ve been ever since I made my return to EBWF three years ago. So, if you are looking for anyone to blame, then blame me. Do not blame my best friends, Alexa and Liv, for what they were asked to do for a scene. The heat rests solely with me.

The intent behind the scene was to show the vitriol that has existed between myself and Trish Stratus for the last three years. In those three years, I have always held the suspicion that she along with Natalya and Wes Ikeda have tried to run me out of this company, a company that despite treating me terribly, a company that despite the fact that I’ve grown bigger than, I have stuck by.

Could I have done something less grisly, less violent? Of course and maybe I should have, but my intention was to show people the anger and hatred that exists between us. It was not intended to cause horrible flashbacks for people that have either lived through and lost someone due to a shooting, and now they’re calling for an apology.

I find it to be reminiscent of when Sir Salman Rushdie caused controversy with his excellent novel, ‘The Satanic Verses.’ An entire portion of the world was in an uproar due to the aforementioned novel. Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa on not only his life, but the lives of everyone that had to do with publishing the novel. They gave him an out. They said that if he apologized, they would rescind the fatwa. He apologized, but the fatwa remained in effect indefinitely. As recent as last August, he was attacked because of the fatwa on his life. He lost an eye and nearly lost his life.

So, what would happen if I decided to apologize? Would it be accepted or would it just be Trish, Natalya, and Wes Ikeda trying to make me squirm, and then telling me ‘Fuck you’ like they have if I did?

You know what? I’m not a hard-hearted person. They want something. I want something. They want an apology? I want Christian Cage’s head mounted on my wall. Give me a match with Christian Cage, one on one. When I win, I will call out Trish Stratus, Natalya, and Wes Ikeda, and I will offer an apology.”

- Becky Lynch
Daffney: 1975-2021
Becky Achievements: Queen of the Ring (2020, 2021), Women's Last Survivor (2024), Best Actress (2021, 2022, 2023), Most Violent Scene in a Film (2021, 2022, 2023), Best Villain in a Film (2021, 2022), Best Antihero in a Film (2021, 2022, 2023), Best Hero in a Film (2021, 2022, 2023)
Allysin Kay Achievements: Queen of the Ring (2022)