Time For a Coach

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Brock Anderson

Time For a Coach

Post by Brock Anderson »

Moments after the matchup between Matt Riddle and Brock Anderson. The camera is following Brock Anderson as he makes his way through the backstage area, clearly frustrated with the outcome of the night’s match. He makes it to the locker room, where he aggressively opens the door and enters the room, the camera following behind. He’s muttering in aggravation about the lose just suffered to Riddle. He throws the Breakout championship into one of the wooden cubbyholes. He then grabs a metal folding chair and toss it in the room. With all the commotion, the door to the locker room opens and someone speaks up.

Voice: What in the hell is going on in here?

Brock looks to the door at the person just entering and sheepishly lowers his head in embarrassment about his reaction to the night’s outcome. The camera pans out to reveal to voice is from Double A, himself, Arn Anderson.

Arn Anderson: What the hell has gotten into you, boy?!

Brock goes to respond, tossing his arm up pointing toward what the viewer would assume to be the ring. Arn interrupts before Brock can get a word out.

Arn Anderson: I’m not taking about what happen out there! I’m talking about what’s happening in here. You’re acting like a spoiled baby. Is that what you are, Brock? Are you a whiny little baby?

Brock Anderson goes to interject, but sighs and shakes his head.

Brock Anderson: No, sir… It’s just frustrating, I’m going out there and doing everything I need to do but I’m co-

Arn interupts Brock once again.

Arn Anderson: Lemme stop you right there, son. First of all, I know you’re not… but you have got to stop taking every single lose to heart. What good is that doing you? You take these loses, you take all those small victories in them and you learn from them. Every single match is a lesson, rather you win or you lose. And rather YOU know it, believe it or not, you’re making an impression. Pick YOUR belt up.

Brock looks over at the title he recklessly tossed into the cubby, and picks it up. He offers it over to Arn seemingly to have interpreted it as Arn wanted to hand it to him. Arn throws his hands up, shaking his head.

Arn Anderson: I don’t want YOUR belt. You hear me? YOUR belt. Listen to me, son. You lost tonight, you aren’t going to forget that but there’s something that I noticed. Brock Anderson walked in the Breakout Champion and then Brock Anderson walked out the Breakout Champion. You understand what I’m telling you? You want to win every single matchup you can possible win, but you’re simply not going to, ever. Son, you’ve got two years in that ring and you’re already doing things in this business that guys like Matt Riddle have never done and that’s win a title here in Eee-bee-dubya-eff. But at the same time, you’ve got two years… these guys are going to beat you in experience nine times out of ten. Now how do we beat the odds? You’ve got the heart, we all see it and know it. You’ve got the grit, but you’ve got to get ruthless. Whatever it takes. Because eventually, one of these matches will be for that title on your shoulder and if you do the same thing, not that you did anything wrong, but if you do the EXACT same thing as you did tonight, you’re gonna be chasing this here belt instead of holding it.

Brock nods understandably to the coaching he’s receiving.

Arn Anderson: And you’ve got to do any and everything to protect YOUR belt, because you ARE a champion. Not an imitation or imposter and people are gonna take every opportunity to separate you from it. You hear me? Now get your mess together, we’ve got a long drive to Colorado for next week.

Brock looks to Arn like a child would to their father after being rightfully scolded. He turns away seemingly to go about packing his thing as the scene comes to an end.

We’re a few days from Monday Night Warfare, which will be live at the Ball Arena in Denver. Our scene opens up to the mostly generic backstage vignette with Brock Anderson, dressed in his normal business casual attire with the EBWF Breakout Championship draped over his shoulder. To his side, his father, Arn Anderson. Spirits and confidence seem high as Brock goes to speak.

Brock Anderson: We had another come to Jesus moment with the Anderson family. I wanted and thought that I could do it all myself, thought that I could come into Eee-bee-dubya-eff and make myself a household name. And ya know what? I wasn’t too far from it but when you’re young, full of piss and vinegar, you get a little clouded in the brain. I let my ego get in my way last Monday Night; first of all I wrote a check my ass couldn’t cash, I came at Riddle a little sideways and he was right, I underestimated him. I said I wouldn’t and I did anyways, I paid for it. But no, even worse, I came backstage and sulked like a child. My father… Double A… the man who has stuck by my side through thick and thin and has worked to guide me through this business came and brought me back to reality. You can’t win ‘em all, you aren’t gonna win ‘em all. But you try to and by God, you win the ones that matter the most. Like this one right here…

Brock shrugs his shoulder in reference to his win against Seth Rollins at Lone Survivor where he took the Breakout Championship from his opponent.

Brock Anderson: Because in this business, rather we like to admit it or not, your win or loss don’t matter… it helps, but I doesn’t make a damn because you could be on top of it all, pinned every single man or woman backstage or otherwise and if you’re not holding gold, it ain’t *explicit*. Because in our business, being a champion is the goal. And being THE Breakout Champion is the stepping stone to eventually making it to the pinnacle of Eee-bee-dubya-eff and going for the most sought after title in professional wrestling. But let’s pump the breaks a little… slow down, Brock. You see, that’s my issue… like I said, when you’re young, you’re dumb… you’re wide-eyed and bushy tailed but you ain’t got the focus. But when your father is one of, if not THE, greatest Television champions in the history of our business, you pay attention to those coachable moments. You listen to what he’s got to say. And that’s where we start off this title reign and my presence right.

Brock Anderson points his hand down, insinuating a point to move forward from. Arn looks to Brock and then to the camera while speaking up during the break in dialogue.

Arn Anderson: Brock, son, I think it goes without saying that I am proud of what you’ve been able to do here without me. But you’re gaining traction, you’ve got a title under your belt that you’ll be looking to defend very soon and the powers that be are taking notice. You started off hot and you’ve still got plenty of momentum but you’re gonna run into guys who have years, hell, decades of ring time over you. Some of these guys are some of the most ruthless sonuvabitches that have ever stepped in the ring and some of them just have “it”. Regardless; not that I’m saying you NEED me, I think you’ve got your head in the right place to enlist my help. And like you said, that starts this week against an old hardcore original, Bully Ray Dudley.

Brock sets his hands on his hip as Arn continues talking to him, as if he’s coaching him on how to approach the match.

Arn Anderson: This guy is one tough sonuvabitch. He’s done a lot in his career and you’ve definitely got to be in your toes. He’s also aligned with dWo and we know how slimy they can be. But listen, you said it yourself a couple weeks ago whenever you went up against Maxwell; they play dirty but you can play dirtier. That ring is a chessboard and you’ve got to see the movements before they happen - checkmate. Or for an ole simple Georgia boy like me, it’s a checkerboard - KING ME!

Arn lets out a chuckle as he finishes up “coaching” Brock. Brock grins as his nods and looks back to the camera.

Brock Anderson: You’re absolutely right. I’ve got to do whatever it takes. If that means that I’ve got to take a page out of Bully Ray’s bible and PUT HIM through a table to finish him off, that’s what I’m willing to do. Bubba, don’t think you’ll be able to gauge what you’re getting into based on me versus your boy Max where he almost snapped my arm or Riddle last week. I’ve got a long road in front of me, but it’s a clear path now. My judgement and focus was cloudy but now I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Everything before was raw but undirected talent, but now we’re gonna take what I’ve got, put what my dad’s guidance to the mix and unlucky enough for you, it’s gonna be like a boot aimed directly up your *explicit* this week. Bubba, this week isn’t just to prove that this here *points to the title*, this here isn’t a fluke… no this week is putting everyone on notice. Notice that we’re turning the tables on everyone. We’re gonna do whatever it takes, whenever it takes, wherever it takes to keep this title on me and put me one step closer to the World Championship.

Arn Anderson stands behind Brock, arms crossed, nodding in agreement.

Brock Anderson: And see, I already see the writing on the wall and it looks damn fine to me. People are doubting me, people are still playing the nepotism name game, they’re calling me out because of the way I look. Keep underestimating me. Keep thinking I’m not a threat, that just plays into my favor. But if y’all were wise, and Bubba, a man with your years of experience ought to be, but then again how smart can you be to have the history that you do? But IF you were, if ANY of you were, you’d take a moment to remember Brock Anderson IS the Breakout champion and I am THE break out star of Eee-bee-dubya-eff. And Monday, we change the narrative and I show what I’m capable of. I’ll show you just how much grit and just how down right mean I can get. Bully, Bubba, whatever the hell you’re calling yourself; it’s gonna be an honor for you to say that you stepped in the ring with excellence but it’s gonna be a damn curse for you when I stand over you arms raised with the Breakout Championship’s gold glimmering and glaring over your lifeless body.

Brock smirks sinisterly as he holds onto his championship, Arn slaps him on the back, indicating being proud of his motivation and confidence going into this week. The scene fades to black.