Warfare Results - 03/20/2023

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results - 03/20/2023

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks... it’s time for Warfare! We are live from Toronto, Ontario, Canada on the final stop before Fallout!

Nigel McGuinness: This Sunday, the EBWF World Champion The Miz defends his title against the winner of the 2023 men’s Last Survivor match, Roman Reigns. We’ll see The Miz in action in our main event, as he teams up with Matt Riddle to take on Dynasty’s Richard Holliday and Powerhouse Hobbs!

Mauro Ranallo: We’ll also see the Breakout Champion Brock Anderson compete tonight as he goes one on one with Johnny Gargano!

Mauro Ranallo: Up first though, we’ve got Christopher Daniels in action against Kevin Owens!

Christopher Daniels made his way to the ring first, followed by Kevin Owens. When both men were in the ring, the referee called for the bell. The two men circled the ring, then locked up. Owens applied a headlock, but Daniels shoved him into the ropes, then hit him with an arm drag. When Owens got back to his feet, he locked up with Daniels once more, but this time he was able to overpower him. He forced Daniels into the corner, before hitting him with a series of punches and kicks. Daniels fell into a sitting position, and Owens took several steps back, then hit him with the cannonball! Owens pulled Daniels to his feet and whipped him against the ropes, before hitting a powerslam. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Daniels kicked out! Owens pulled Daniels to his feet and hit him with some more right hands, then whipped him against the ropes once more. This time, Owens went for a superkick, but Daniels ducked underneath it, then rolled Owens up! The referee counted – 1... 2... Owens kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Christopher Daniels almost stole a victory there!

As both men got to their feet, Owens hit Daniels with a clothesline, then sat him up and applied a chinlock. Daniels was able to get to his feet, and after hitting Owens with a series of elbow strikes, he lifted Owens up, hitting a suplex! He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted – 1... 2... Owens kicked out! Daniels pulled Owens to his feet and hit him with several clotheslines, before hitting an STO. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... again Owens kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Christopher Daniels is in control here, but Kevin Owens is resilient!

Daniels pulled Owens to his feet and set him up for the Angel’s Wings, but Owens blocked it, countering with a back body drop. Owens then hit Daniels with the Go Home Driver, before hooking the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Daniels kicked out! Owens got to his feet and stomped on Daniels several times, before going to the top rope. Owens went for a frog splash... but Daniels rolled out of the way!

Nigel McGuinness: Daniels got out of the way just in time!

As both men got to their feet, Daniels hit Owens with a swinging neckbreaker, then climbed to the top rope and hit the Best Moonsault Ever! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! Christopher Daniels gets his first win in EBWF!

SEGMENT

After the match, a video package hyping the upcoming EBWF Women’s Championship match began to play. First there was a clip of Tam Nakano hitting the Twilight Dream on Britt Baker with the text Fanniversary, 10/30/22. A huge pop erupted from the crowd as the ref counted three, and we saw Tam holding up the championship she fought so hard to reclaim. As we saw clips of her staring down both Arisa Hoshiki and Alexa Bliss, Tam’s voice narrated.

Tam Nakano: Eighteen months is what it took to become a strong enough Tam Nakano to win this beautiful championship. Since I came back, I’ve proven that I’m better than I’ve ever been and good enough to rise to the top of pro wrestling. I don’t like to brag, but - since I announced my return last summer, I’m undefeated in EBWF. But this hasn’t been quite the fairy tale I was dreaming of-

The footage cut to Queen’s Court arriving at ringside while Arisa stood over an unmoving Tam, with the text Christmas Eve of Destruction, 12/24/22. Then it cut to Christian hitting Alexa with a foreign object while Tam’s none the wiser, the text reading Last Survivor, 01/29/23. We then saw Tam sitting on a balcony, the EBWF Women’s Championship slung across her chest over her Magic Circle t-shirt. Her expression was troubled.

Tam Nakano: Even with how hard I fight, people will say those defenses came with outside help. Wanted or not, that makes my reign questionable to them. So now that I’m getting a fight I’ve wanted for a long time, I’m going to leave no doubts about who the best wrestler in the world is.

We then cut to a shot of Arisa Hoshiki standing on a beach looking out at the ocean. Though her jeans and leather jacket were casual, her posture suggested she was ready for a fight.

Arisa Hoshiki: I thought I had it all figured out. I was back. I was strong. No one could take that away from me. Losing to Tam the first time wasn’t so bad, it helped me see some things I’d forgotten. And it also showed me that maybe I didn’t know everything. My miracle wasn’t all it was cooked up to be, and I knew it. But I didn’t go hide in a corner, I scratched and clawed my way to the future I wanted-

We saw Arisa hitting a Pulsar Kick on Jamie Hayter and the ref counting three. Then came a replay of some Last Survivor highlights. Specifically Arisa landing her devastating kick on Utami, accidentally eliminating her former friend and queen.

Arisa Hoshiki: I didn’t know it at the time, but that’s when I found the heart I’d locked away. Utami - that kick was intentional. Deep down I knew what I was doing. I needed to fight Tam again and see if I was capable of becoming a champion one more time. So there was only one thing I could do.

Then we saw Arisa hit one more kick, eliminating Becky Lynch to a pop from the crowd. The package jumped to Arisa holding a chair, looking at Tam and then hitting Utami with it to a huge pop. Suddenly we jumped back to Arisa on the beach.

Arisa Hoshiki: I saved the woman who was actually looking out for me - but now I have to fight alone one more time. Utami risked my life for her own gain, and now I’m going to cave her face in on my way to becoming champion.

Then we saw more clips of Last Survivor - first Utami entering the match, then herself and Himeka eliminating several opponents. We saw Utami get knocked off the apron by Arisa, then sit on the floor with an expression of mixed indignation and disbelief. Then the scene jumped to Utami sitting on her throne, glaring down the camera with murderous intent. Himeka and the masked guard stood behind her to either side, expressions cold and calculating. Utami pointed an accusatory finger down the camera.

Utami Hayashishita: You both brought this on yourselves. Arisa, dear stupid Arisa, did you really think that your defiance would go unpunished? Did you really think that I would not find a way to seize the opportunity to crush your misguided dreams under my foot? I generously cleared the way for your return and you repay me with this? No matter. I have friends in high places, and it does not take much to convince them to grant me what I am due.

Utami sneered as she continued.

Utami Hayashishita: Tam, the champion who refuses to grow up? It is no issue that she has run rampant over her opponents, because none of those women is me. When I set foot in a ring, it becomes mine. I dominate every single woman who dares to fight me, and Tam Nakano will be the same. It is my streak that will continue. And my reign which will be established at last. The rest of these fools will simply have to bow down to their superior.

The scene returned to Tam standing on the balcony, her expression deathly serious.

Tam Nakano: This is the biggest challenge to my Twilight Dream - but just like before, I’m fighting with everything I’ve got to keep my dream going. I’m the world champion, and as long as my heart beats, that’s going to continue.

She held the belt aloft in one hand, then the scene shifted to Arisa Hoshiki standing on the beach.

Arisa Hoshiki: My whole life’s been a constant battle against the odds. This isn’t any different. I know what I want, and I know who I am. No Crimson Queen or Twilight Dreamer can scare me. I will do everything I have to in order to walk out of this match as EBWF Women’s Champion!

Arisa kicked toward the camera, and we switched to Utami upon her throne.

Utami Hayashishita: This is the moment where destiny is realized. I will take the EBWF crown and show you all what a real champion looks like. Anyone who defies me will be broken and thrown into the trash heap. Save yourselves the trouble and just bow down to the true queen!

She glared down the camera with fiery passion and the promise of total destruction of her opponents. The shot faded into a graphic featuring all three women in a triple threat match for the EBWF Women’s Championship.

SEGMENT

When the camera cut back to the stage, "My Last Breath" by Evanescence hit and Christian Cage walked out to a very negative reaction from his hometown crowd.

Mauro Ranallo: This is definitely not a friendly homecoming for Christian Cage.

Nigel McGuinness: Usually, the hometown wrestler is cheered, no matter who they are.

Mauro Ranallo: Well he's said and done a lot of despicable things over the last few months that's alienated him from almost everybody.

Christian entered the ring and grabbed a microphone, then looked around at the crowd in disgust.

Christian Cage: Thank God I moved to Tampa.

The crowd booed louder.

Christian Cage: Between this city, Ireland, and Columbus, Ohio? I don't know which area is worse. You people should be grateful that I decided to show up, because I'm the only star that came out of this city.

Christian smirked.

Christian Cage: The reason I'm out here is so I can talk about this Sunday. You see, on Sunday EBWF will present Fallout on pay-per-view. On that night, there will be a very special match, in one corner we have two-thirds of The Rebellious Angels, Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss. In the other corner, we have Charlotte Flair and Zahra Schreiber. This is not gonna be an ordinary match. Oh, no. This will be a Hardcore match.

Christian chuckled.

Christian Cage: Now, if you're a fan of Becky and Alexa, then I suggest you tune in this Sunday because that will be the very last time you ever see them in a ring again. That’s because I guarantee you that both of their careers will come to a very tragic end. It didn't have to be this way, but both of them forced my hand either by disrespect or sticking their nose where it didn't belong. Unfortunately for you two, this will be the end. So, it's been nice knowing ya.

The giant video screen lit up and in the place of the EBWF Monday Night Warfare logo was a live feed of Becky Lynch. Once Becky was seen on the video screen, the crowd instantly gave her a huge ovation.

Becky Lynch: Hey there, ya gobshite. Hope I’m not interruptin’ anythin’. By the looks of it, I’m not interruptin’ anythin’ important and am just savin’ people from ya borin’ them. Yer probably wonderin’ where I am tonight. Well, that’s real simple. I’m right here with Alexa Bliss.

The camera zoomed out to show that Alexa was indeed standing alongside Becky.

Becky Lynch: As fer where we are, that’s also real simple.

The camera zoomed out further in order to show that Becky and Alexa were standing in the parking lot right next to Christian’s car.

Becky Lynch: Bein’ that ya’ve been such a sneaky, creepy little shit… Bein’ that ya had the overrated daddy’s girl and the nazi attack us, cost us matches, and try to cost us matches, we figured that we’d do somethin’ to ya in return. Mind ya, this is only the tip of the iceberg compared to what we’ll do to ya at Fallout.

Becky picked up a sledgehammer and looked at Alexa.

Becky Lynch: Ya ready, Lexi?

Alexa smiled and also picked up a sledgehammer.

Alexa Bliss: Definitely.

Christian looked on in horror as Becky and Alexa started smashing up the car with sledgehammers.

Nigel McGuinness: Christian might have to take an Uber when he leaves tonight.

Christian looked devastated as all of the windows were smashed and the rest of the car had massive dents. Eventually Becky and Alexa dropped the sledgehammers.

Alexa Bliss: I hope you have good car insurance, Christian.

Alexa laughed as she went off screen for a bit before coming back with two cans of spray paint, handing one to Becky.

Mauro Ranallo: Oh no.

Becky took her can of spray paint and on the camera side, she sprayed ‘F-U-C-K C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N” on the left side of the car.

Nigel Mcguinness: Yeah, I'm not gonna read that out loud.

The camera went to the other side where Alexa had sprayed "Dead Man" and "Rebellious Angels" on the car.

Becky grabbed a couple of cans of gasoline and poured them all over the car, inside and out. She pulled out a Zippo lighter and ignited it.

Becky Lynch: Whatever plan ya have fer Fallout will end up just like yer car… It’ll go up in flames. Ya played with straight fire, and yer gettin’ burned.

With that, Becky threw the lighter into the car and it exploded into flames.

Christian had a look of anger on his face in the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: Christian Cage has certainly been one-upped tonight.

Alexa Bliss: Christian, you want to brag about how you broke my heart and make a T-shirt out of it. Well by the looks of things we just broke your bank account.

Becky Lynch: And come Fallout, we’re breakin’ a lot more than that. The countdown is on and at Fallout, yer time is up.

Becky and Alexa walked away as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH TWO

When Warfare returned from the commercial break, “Rebel Heart” hit and Johnny Gargano made his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, we’ve got Johnny Gargano in action as he takes on the Breakout Champion, Brock Anderson. Can Gargano put himself in contention for a title shot by defeating the champion here tonight?

Nigel McGuiness: He’s got stiff competition if he wants a shot at that Breakout Championship, Mauro… both MJF and Christopher Daniels are already gunning for Brock Anderson!

When Gargano was in the ring, the Four Horsemen theme hit and Brock Anderson headed to the ring. Once Anderson was in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Anderson charged towards Gargano, going for a clothesline, but Gargano avoided it then hit Anderson with a series of chops. Anderson fought back with a series of punches, then went to whip Gargano against the ropes… but Gargano reversed the Irish whip, sending Anderson into the ropes before hitting a dropkick. As both men got to their feet, Gargano set Anderson up for a DDT, but Anderson blocked it, charging Gargano into the corner. Anderson hit Gargano with a series of punches and kicks into the corner before whipping him into the opposite corner of the ring and hitting a corner clothesline. As Gargano stumbled out of the corner, Anderson climbed the turnbuckle, then sent for a double axe handle off the top rope… but Gargano blocked it, countering with a knee strike!

Mauro Ranallo: Great reflexes there by Johnny Gargano!

Gargano followed up with a swinging neckbreaker, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Anderson kicked out! Gargano then went for the Garga-No Escape, but Anderson fought out of it and got to his feet. He hit Gargano with a series of punches, then followed up with a headlock takedown. Anderson spread Gargano’s arms and legs, stomping on them one by one, then went for a figure four leglock… but Gargano kicked him away and got back to his feet. When Gargano was up, Anderson went for a clothesline, but Gargano ducked out of the way then grabbed Anderson from behind, hitting a backstabber! He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted - 1… 2… Anderson kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Another near fall! Gargano is really taking the fight to Brock Anderson here!

Gargano pulled Andeson to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then whipped him into the corner. Gargano hit a double knee strike in the corner, then climbed to the top rope. Gargano went for a flatliner… but Anderson blocked it, then hit Gargano with a backbreaker! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Gargano kicked out! Anderson got to his feet and stomped on Gargano several times, then pulled Gargano to his feet and hit him with a DDT. He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted - 1… 2… again Gargano kicked out! Anderson pulled Gargano to his feet and signaled for the Spinebuster, then whipped Gargano against the ropes. Gargano went over the top rope, landing on the ring apron, and as Anderson charged towards him, Gargano caught him off-guard with a Slingshot Spear!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! Gargano suckered Brock Anderson in there!

Gargano hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Anderson kicked out! As Gargano pulled Anderson to his feet, the two men began exchanging right hands back and forth. Gargano was able to gain the upper hand, and after hitting Anderson with a series of punches, he went for a superkick… but Anderson ducked out of the way, then grabbed Gargano from behind, hitting a release German suplex. Both men got to their feet, and Anderson went to whip Gargano against the ropes, but Gargano blocked it, then rolled Anderson up into a small package. The referee counted - 1… 2… Anderson reversed it, pinning Gargano’s shoulders to the mat! The referee counted once more - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! Gargano almost had Brock Anderson beat, but Anderson snatched a victory from the jaws of defeat!

As Brock Anderson celebrated, Christopher Daniels made his way to the ring, confronting the Breakout Champion. Anderson got in Daniels’ face, readying himself for a fight… but MJF entered the ring and attacked Anderson from behind!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s MJF! He snuck in through the crowd, like the coward that he is!

MJF began beating down Anderson, but Christopher Daniels attacked MJF, then Gargano got involved, going after both Daniels and MJF! When Anderson got to his feet, he joined in the fight, and suddenly all four superstars were going at it! Referees rushed to the ring to separate them as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

After the commercial break, the crowd's attention was drawn to the entrance tron as static covered the big screen. This lasted for a few seconds before the only thing on the tron was a single thread, creating waves and visualizing the voice accompanying it. The voice was slightly altered, becoming slightly robotic, presumably to hide the identity of the speaker.

???: Everyone, rejoice. I herald the coming of a new spring. The ugliness of the past will fade away and the world will be beautiful once more. The transition is not complete yet. The winter of our discontent is yet to leave the premises, but its last remnants shall soon be no more. The monarch and her court will soon dissolve, melted away alongside the winter snow. And I will be there to greet the new landscape of EBWF as the seasons change once more.

After this cryptic message, the static took over before the feed closed again, leaving the show to continue with its scheduled programming.

MAIN EVENT

EBWF returned from commercial and joined Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at the announce desk.

Mauro Ranallo: This Toronto crowd has been on fire tonight, and we are getting set for our main event.

Nigel McGuinness: Just six days away from Fallout, and we know that the EBWF World Champion will be in action here tonight.

The arena was packed with excited fans waiting for the tag team match between Powerhouse Hobbs and Richard Holliday taking on The Miz and Matt Riddle. The lights dimmed, and the crowd started to cheer as the wrestlers made their way to the ring. Powerhouse Hobbs and Richard Holliday made their entrance. The duo looked intimidating in their black and red ring gear as they made their way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: These two are taking on Bro Awesome on a night that's very important for the Miz.

Nigel McGuinness: What Miz did to Roman Reigns last week was despicable, and I hope Powerhouse Hobbs and Matt Holliday make sure he enters Fallout at a disadvantage.

Mauro Ranallo: So much for impartiality!

The Miz and Matt Riddle entered the arena next, and the crowd went wild. They had big smiles on their faces as they made their way to the ring. The Miz was wearing his signature ring gear in blue and yellow ring gear, while Riddle had on his black and gold trunks. Miz had the EBWF World Championship around his waist and played to the crowd as Christy Hemme introduced them. Once they were in the ring, the referee signaled for the bell, and the match began.

Nigel McGuinness: Here we go.

The Miz and Riddle started off strong, working well together as a team. The two wrestlers used their quickness and agility to dodge Powerhouse Hobbs and Richard Holliday's attacks. The crowd cheered as The Miz and Riddle landed a few quick strikes on their opponents.

Mauro Ranallo: These two are going to get disqualified if they don't start following tag match rules.

Powerhouse Hobbs quickly turned the tide, using his brute strength to overpower Riddle. He slammed Riddle into the mat with a powerbomb, and the crowd gasped in shock. Holliday tagged in and continued the assault, landing a series of devastating strikes on Riddle.The Miz tried to intervene, but Holliday quickly shut him down with a fierce clothesline. Powerhouse Hobbs tagged back in, and the two wrestlers worked together to double-team Riddle. They lifted him up and slammed him down hard onto the mat, causing the crowd to ooh and aah.

Nigel McGuinness: Matt Riddle is taking a fair amount of punishment here.

Riddle managed to fight back, using his MMA skills to land a few quick strikes on Holliday. He tagged in The Miz, who came in hot, landing a series of punches and kicks on Holliday. The Miz then hit a running knee on Holliday, sending him crashing to the mat. Powerhouse Hobbs tried to intervene, but The Miz was ready for him. He hit Powerhouse Hobbs with a dropkick, sending him stumbling back into the ropes. The Miz then ran towards him, but Powerhouse Hobbs caught him mid-air and slammed him down onto the mat with a powerbomb.

Mauro Ranallo: Hobbs with a pin on the champion!

Nigel McGuinness: It's no good!

The crowd erupted in excitement as the two teams continued their back-and-forth battle. The Miz and Riddle continued to work well as a team, using quick tags to keep each other fresh and land quick strikes on their opponents. Powerhouse Hobbs and Richard Holliday, on the other hand, relied on their strength and power to dominate their opponents. As the match went on, it became clear that Powerhouse Hobbs and Richard Holliday were in control. They had managed to wear down The Miz and Riddle, and the crowd could see the exhaustion on their faces. However, The Miz and Riddle weren't ready to give up just yet. They continued to fight back, using their teamwork and quickness to land a few big moves on their opponents. The crowd cheered them on, hoping for a comeback.

Mauro Ranallo: The Miz might have Richard Holliday right where he wants him!

The Miz hit Holliday with a Skull Crushing Finale,

Nigel McGuinness: Powerhouse Hobbs breaks it up!

Hobbs was just in time, but Riddle then hit him with a Bro Derek. Miz went for the pin again but Hobbs kicked out at two! The crowd was on the edge of their seats as the match continued. The Miz and Riddle tried to land a few more big moves, but Powerhouse Hobbs and Richard Holliday were too strong. They managed to overpower their opponents once again. Powerhouse Hobbs lifted Riddle up onto his shoulder, ready to hit him with his finishing move. But Riddle managed to wriggle free and land a quick kick to the head. The crowd cheered as Riddle tagged in The Miz, who hit Powerhouse Hobbs with a running knee. The Miz then signaled for his finishing move. He went for the Skull Crushing Finale but dropped Hobbs without connecting when "Truth Reigns" came over the PA. Miz sneered at the entrance.

Mauro Ranallo: Don't turn your back on... Hobbs!

Hobbs scooped Miz up and hit Town Business, just as Richard Holliday grabbed Riddle by the ankle and slammed him off the ring apron. Hobbs went for the pin.

3!

Mauro Ranallo: Powerhouse Hobbs just pinned The Miz.

Nigel McGuinness: And here comes Roman Reigns!

Reigns came down the ramp with Galina on his arm. After a big of a stare down with Hobbs, Holliday gestured as if to "make way" for Reigns and he passed Hobbs and headed to the ring. Miz was writhing and Riddle was out cold.

Mauro Ranallo: Miz did this to Reigns just a few weeks ago, and now Miz has suffered a loss in the same way.

Reigns went to the time keeper area and grabbed the EBWF World Championship. He stepped up on the announce table and held the belt high above his head.

Nigel McGuinness: In just six short days, this could be our future!

Galina applauded as the crowd booed. Reigns stood tall as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote