Warfare Results 04/24/2023

Ben M

Warfare Results 04/24/2023

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks... it’s time for Warfare! Tonight, we are live from Nashville, Tennessee and kicking things off, we’ve got tag team action as The Acclaimed take on Seth Rollins and Christian Cage!

The Acclaimed made their way to the ring first, followed by Seth Rollins and Christian Cage. Christian and Max Caster started the match, and as the bell rang, Christian hit Caster with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As Caster ran back off the ropes, Christian went for a scoop slam, but Caster countered with a headscissors takedown. As both men got to their feet, Caster set Christian up for a suplex, but Christian blocked it, then hit a swinging neckbreaker before tagging in Seth Rollins. Rollins stomped on Caster several times, then mocked The Acclaimed by scissoring Christian, causing the crowd to boo. As Rollins turned his attention back to Max Caster, Caster was back on his feet and he hit Rollins with a cutter, then tagged in Anthony Bowens. Upon entering the ring, Bowens hit Rollins with a series of clotheslines, followed by a brainbuster. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Rollins kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: A strong start by The Acclaimed, and it’s worth remembering that this is the first time that Christian Cage and Seth Rollins have teamed up. So maybe their lack of chemistry as a tag team is working against them.

Bowens pulled Rollins to his feet and hit a body slam, then climbed to the top rope. Bowens went for a diving leg drop... but Rollins moved out of the way! As both men got to their feet, Rollins threw Bowens out of the ring, then caught him with a dive through the ropes. Rollins threw Bowens back into the ring, then hit him with a knee drop before tagging in Christian. As Christian entered the ring, he worked Bowens’ left leg, stomping on it several times before applying a kneebar. Bowens was able to get to the ropes, and the referee ordered Christian to break the hold. Christian did so, then pulled Bowens to his feet and whipped him into the corner. As Rollins held Bowens in place, Christian hit him with a Stinger splash, then followed up with a series of chops to the chest.

Mauro Ranallo: Christian and Rollins in control now... Anthony Bowens needs to make a tag!

Christian set Bowens up on the top rope, then hit a superplex before hooking the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Bowens kicked out! Christian then pulled Bowens to his feet and set him up for the Unprettier, but Bowens blocked it, then hit a back drop. Bowens crawled across the ring, and the crowd cheered as he tagged in Max Caster! As Caster entered the ring, Christian ran towards him, but Caster hit him with a back body drop, then followed up with a clothesline. As Christian got back to his feet, Caster whipped him against the ropes, and as Christian hit the ropes, Seth Rollins tagged himself in. Caster didn’t see it, and as Christian ran back towards him, Caster hit him with a dropkick. As Caster got back to his feet, Rollins caught him with a superkick! He then hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Caster kicked out! Rollins stomped on Caster several times, then signaled for the Curb Stomp, but before he could hit it, Christian called for the tag. Rollins looked frustrated, but he tagged Christian in, and as Christian entered the ring, he went for a Spear... but Caster moved out of the way, then rolled Christian up! The referee counted – 1... 2... Christian kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Caster almost stole a victory there!

As both men got to their feet, Caster hit Christian with a DDT, then climbed to the top rope. Caster went for the Mic Drop... but Christian moved out of the way! As Christian got to his feet, he knocked Bowens off the apron, then grabbed Caster and hit him with the Unprettier! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! Christian Cage and Seth Rollins get the victory.

As the referee called for the bell, Christian continued beating down Max Caster. Bowens tried to come to his partner’s aid, but Seth Rollins attacked him. Christian and Rollins then rolled out of the ring, grabbing a chair each. They then re-entered the ring with the chairs, using them on Caster and Bowens as the crowd booed.

Mauro Ranallo: This is despicable... someone needs to put a stop to this!

Just as Rollins was about to hit a Curb Stomp on Bowens, “The Chairman’s Intent” by Action Bronson hit and the crowd cheered as Hook ran to the ring, wielding a chair of his own. Upon seeing Hook, Christian immediately exited the ring, escaping through the crowd. Rollins grabbed his chair and tried to hit Hook with it, but Hook ducked out of the way, then hit Rollins across the back with the steel chair he was holding! Rollins cried out in pain, and Hook locked in Redrum! After choking Rollins out, Hook helped Caster and Bowens to the back as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from the commercial break, the camera centered on the entrance ramp. A second later "Twilight Dream" hit and the Bridgestone Arena came unglued. While her entrance video played, the EBWF Women's Champion stepped out onto the stage and soaked in the adulation of the fans. Her smile bright as ever, Tam gave a twirl that made the floaty bits of her gear seem as though they were floating through the air. With the championship glistening around her waist, Tam posed with an arm outstretched and nodded. She was truly in her element! Finally, she was handed a mic, and the champion raised it up daintily to speak.

Tam Nakano: Hello Nashville! How are you doing tonight?"

As the fans cheered in response, Tam grinned.

Tam Nakano: The cutest wrestler in the cosmos and two-time EBWF Women's Champion, Tam Nakano here! But I guess that's obvious, huh?

There was a mix of laughter and cheers in response.

Tam Nakano: You know, this is a magical time of year in EBWF. We move away from Fallout and fly towards a tournament that can change the course of a career and make dreams come true! We're just around the corner from the Queen of the Ring tournament. When I returned to EBWF last year, I was too late to enter the tournament. Since I wasn't sure how long it would take to make my Twilight Dream come true, I had my eyes on this year's tournament even back then. I had some dreams about becoming Queen Tam! But now - now I have an even better crown to call my own.

She chuckled as she gave the EBWF Women's Champion belt a loving pat. Cheers rose up from the fans in response, make her laugh again.

Tam Nakano: Even though I've got this beautiful championship, I'm still excited about the Queen of the Ring. I wonder what kind of story we'll see! Will someone like Alexa Bliss or Liv Morgan show their heroics and win a fairy tale victory? Or is it another monster like Allysin Kay or Jamie Hayter who's going to grab that crown in her powerful hands? Maybe someone we haven't seen for a while like Britt Baker or Mina Shirakawa will become queen? Or a newcomer who thinks she's better than everyone else just because she's fancy might decide she deserves the crown. No matter what happens, this is going to be a fantastic tournament that shows the best of women's wrestling to the world!

Tam looked out over the crowd and thought for a couple of moments. When she spoke again her expression grew more serious.

Tam Nakano: And even though it's still a little while away, I want to remind all of the women who are dreaming about that crown of one thing. I'll be watching, and I'll be waiting. This beautiful championship means everything to me, and I'll fight with all my cosmic passion to keep this dream going. That queen is going to be face to face with the strongest Tam there's ever been! As your reigning, defending champion who's unbeaten since returning last summer, I promise to continue making dreams come true and fighting with my full heart and power!

This got another pop as Tam looked down the camera with single minded determination. Chants of "TAM NA-KA-NO!" rang out for a few moments, causing her to smile again.

Tam Nakano: And with all of that said, let's keep on Twilight Dreaming!

Her music hit again, and the champion removed the beautiful championship from around her waist. To a big pop she raised it up as a reminder of who was champion. She held the pose for a long few moments before lowering the belt onto her shoulder, then waved cheerfully to the fans as she headed to the back.

MATCH TWO

“Celtic Invasion” hit and the crowd cheered as Becky Lynch made her way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Here comes the two-time Queen of the Ring, Becky Lynch, who tonight goes one on one with the debuting Sakisama!

When Becky was in the ring, "Bara wa utsukushiku chiru" hit and the crowd booed as Sakisama headed down to the ring, accompanied by Utami Hayashishita. Once Sakisama was in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Becky charged towards Sakisama and hit her with a series of punches, but Sakisama fought back with some punches of her own, followed by a stiff kick which knocked Becky down. As Becky got to her feet, Sakisama put her in a headlock, but Becky fought out of it, countering with a hammerlock before applying a headlock of her own. Sakisama hit Becky with a series of punches to the midsection, forcing her to break the hold, then whipped Becky against the ropes. As Becky ran back towards her, Sakisama went for a big boot, but Becky dodged it then spun around, hitting a discus forearm smash. Sakisama looked dazed, and Becky set her up for a DDT, but Sakisama blocked it and whipped Becky into the corner, then hit her with a running big boot. Sakisama kicked Becky in the corner several times, then put her foot against Becky’s throat, choking her! The referee warned Sakisama, then began a five count, but Sakisama removed her foot at the count of four, then dragged Becky out of the corner and hit her with a snapmare.

Nigel McGuinness: A very aggressive start to this fight by Sakisama… she’s really taking the fight to Becky Lynch!

As Becky sat up, Sakisama hit her with a running kick to the back, followed by a boot to the face. She pinned Becky to the mat and the referee counted - 1… 2… Becky kicked out! Sakisama stomped on Becky several times, then pulled her to her feet. She went to whip Becky against the ropes, but Becky reversed the Irish whip, sending Sakisama against the ropes. As Sakisama ran back towards her, Becky hit a clothesline, but then as Sakisama got to her feet, Becky hit her with a series of punches. Becky then whipped Sakisama into the corner and charged towards her, going for the Flying Fire-arm… but Sakisama moved out of the way, causing Becky to collide with the turnbuckles! As Becky stumbled out of the corner, Sakisama lifted her up, hitting a body slam. Sakisama hit a knee drop, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… again Becky kicked out! Sakisama pulled Becky to her feet and set her up for a suplex, but Becky blocked it, countering with a suplex of her own. Becky followed up with multiple leg drops, then went for the Dis-arm-her, but Sakisama grabbed the ropes before Becky could lock it in. Becky pulled Sakisama to her feet and whipped her against the ropes, then hit a leg lariat. She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Sakisama kicked out! Becky pulled Sakisama to her feet and set her up for the Manhandle Slam, but Sakisama blocked it, then hit an STO. Sakisama then locked Becky in a triangle choke!

Mauro Ranallo: Versailles Choke locked in! Becky Lynch could be in real trouble!

The referee asked Becky if she wanted to submit, but Becky refused, then managed to get to the ropes. The referee ordered Sakisama to break the hold, and Sakisama did so, then stomped on Becky several times. She pulled Sakisama to her feet and whipped her against the ropes, then hit the Academy Award Kick! She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! A debut victory for Sakisama!

Sakisama and Utami celebrated as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH THREE

As Warfare returned from the commercial break, the Four Horsemen hit and the crowd booed as Brock Anderson made his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it’s time for our main event! Brock Anderson appearing on Warfare for the first time since his despicable assault on Adam Cole a few weeks ago… but he has a tough challenge on his hands tonight as he’s going one on one with the EBWF World Champion, The Miz!

Once Anderson was in the ring, “I Came To Play” by Downstait hit and the crowd cheered as The Miz headed to the ring. Upon entering the ring, Miz locked eyes with Anderson, and as the referee called for the bell, the two men locked up. Anderson broke the lock-up, hitting Miz with a kick to the midsection before pummeling him with a series of punches. Anderson then went for a back drop, but Miz blocked it, then rolled Anderson up. The referee counted - 1… 2… Anderson kicked out! Both men got to their feet and Miz hit Anderson with a series of punches, knocking him backwards into the corner, where he hit Anderson with a series of kicks. Miz pulled Anderson out of the corner and set him up for a neckbreaker, but Anderson blocked it, then hit Miz with a knee to the face. Miz fell to the mat, and Anderson punched him against the mat several times, then spread out Miz’s arms and legs and stomped on them one by one. Finally, Anderson hit Miz with a knee drop to the face, before hooking the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Miz kicked out! Anderson pulled Miz to his feet and trapped him in the ropes, then hit him with a series of chops to the chest. Anderson ran against the ropes, and went to hit Miz with a clothesline, but Miz got his foot up, catching Anderson with a boot to the face! Anderson stumbled backwards, and Miz freed himself from the ropes, then ran at Anderson, taking him down with a clothesline. As Anderson got to his feet, Miz hit an inverted facelock backbreaker, followed by a neckbreaker. He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Anderson kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Another near fall! Great back and forth action so far!

Miz pulled Anderson to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then went for the Awesome Clothesline… but Anderson moved out of the corner, then grabbed Miz and hit him with a backbreaker. He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Miz kicked out! Anderson got to his feet and stomped on Miz several times, then whipped him against the ropes. As Miz ran back towards him, Anderson went for a spinebuster… but Miz countered it with a DDT! Miz then grabbed Anderson by the legs, putting him in a figure four leglock.

Mauro Ranallo: Is Miz gonna make Brock Anderson tap out?

Anderson managed to make it to the ropes, and the referee ordered Miz to break the hold. Anderson used the ropes to pull himself up, and when he was on his feet, Miz went to grab him… but Anderson caught him off guard with a poke to the eye! Anderson lifted Miz over his shoulders, hitting a fireman’s carry slam. Anderson stomped on Miz repeatedly, then dragged him to his feet and hit a DDT. He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Miz kicked out just before the 3!

Nigel McGuinness: That was so close to a three count!

Anderson looked frustrated, and began arguing with the referee, accusing him of counting too slowly. While Anderson was arguing with the ref, Miz got to his feet, and when Anderson turned around, Miz hit him with a snap DDT! Anderson looked dazed as he got to his feet, and Miz got behind him, grabbing him and hitting the Skull Crushing Finale! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! Miz gets the victory, and if Brock Anderson was angry before, he’ll be even angrier now!

Miz celebrated, then made his way to the back. As Brock Anderson got to his feet, he shoved the referee to the mat in frustration! The crowd booed, and Anderson was about to exit the ring when…

“You know it’s all about the boom!”

Adam Cole’s music hit, and the crowd cheered as Cole stepped out onto the stage, locking eyes with Brock Anderson. Anderson readied himself for a fight and clenched his fists as Cole ran down to the ring. As Cole slid into the ring, Anderson grabbed him and hit him with a series of punches, but Cole fought back with a double leg takedown, then punched Anderson against the mat. Anderson shoved Cole away, then as both men got to their feet, Anderson went for a clothesline… but Cole ducked underneath it, then hit Anderson with a superkick! Cole pulled down his knee pad, then signaled for The Boom… but as he ran against the ropes, Brock Anderson rolled out of the ring! Warfare went off the air with Anderson retreating to the back and the crowd booing him, while Cole watched on with a steely look on his face.