Warfare Results 05/08/2023

Ben M

Warfare Results 05/08/2023

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Pyros went off the ramp and several shots from different angles showed a packed Legacy Arena. EBWF fans cheered to the top of their lungs as the camera panned to the announce table where Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness sat on the announce table.

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks… It’s time for Warfare! I’m Mauro Ranallo and tonight, live from Birmingham, Alabama, it’s time to start our King of the Ring tournament! I’m joined by my broadcast partner Nigel McGuinness!

Nigel McGuinness: That’s right Mauro, we’re on our way with our first match as the returning Trent takes on PCO.

“Shocker” hit first and out came PCO to a mixed reaction.

Mauro Ranallo: Here comes PCO, hoping to make a statement in this opening match.

“RPG Vice” by Rocky Romero hit and the crowd cheered for a returning Trent. Trent walked down to the ramp alongside Rocky Romero, they posed on the apron and went for a high five but PCO immediately went for the lariat, knocking Trent and Rocky to the outside! The crowd booed.

Nigel McGuinness: PCO didn’t come here to play!

Mauro Ranallo: What a vicious attack, before the bell even rang!

Rocky rolled over towards Trent and helped him onto the canvas through the bottom rope. The ref asked Trent if he could go, he nodded and helped himself up, eyes piercing a look through PCO.

Mauro Ranallo: There’s courage in the eyes of that man!

The bell rang and both men locked up, PCO’s strength giving him the upper hand as he pushed Trent onto the canvas. Trent sprung back up and locked right back up with him.

Niguel McGuinnes: A battle between resilience and raw power! Who would win?

Both men locked up firmly, PCO tossed Trent onto the corner, Trent locked him up and tried to propel himself through the second rope; PCO backdropped him onto the top rope, hitting him in the groin. Trent groaned in pain and Rocky immediately jumped onto the apron, arguing with the referee as PCO taunted the booing fans!

Mauro Ranallo: Trent better pace himself better if he doesn’t want to lose this due to overeagerness!

Nigel McGuinness: He does seem excited to be back! But the excitement can always backfire!

PCO noticed Rocky arguing with the ref and went for him, which gave Trent enough time to wrap both hands around the back of PCO’s head, hitting a half and half!

Nigel McGuinness: Trent with the half and half!

Trent clenched his teeth, running both hands over his bald head as PCO got back to his feet, Trent hit the Gobstopper! Trent went for the cover! 1…2…3!

Mauro Ranallo: And Trent does it! He’s in the next round!

“RPG Vice” hit over the PA system as Rocky helped Trent up, they both shared a high five to the delight of the crowd as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH TWO

As Warfare returned from the commercial break, “Walk” by Kilgore hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Al Snow made his way to the ring, dressed as Rob Van Dam.

Mauro Ranallo: And here comes EBWF’s resident impersonator, Al Snow… or as he’s calling himself tonight, the “Whole Frickin Snow”.

Nigel McGuinness: There is nothing “five star” about this impersonation, Mauro, but it is extremely insulting to the legend that is Rob Van Dam…

Mauro Ranallo: Hey, you know what they say Nigel. Imitation is a form of flattery!

When Snow was in the ring, “The Chairman’s Intent” by Action Bronson hit, and the crowd cheered as Hook made his way to the ring. Upon entering the ring, Hook made his way to the corner and turned his back on Al Snow. As the referee called for the bell, Hook turned around… and was met with an uppercut from Snow! As Hook rubbed his jaw, Snow pointed to himself with his thumbs, mimicking Rob Van Dam’s taunt. Hook replied with a thumbs down, then hit Snow with a clothesline! Snow got to his feet, looking dazed, and Hook whipped him into the corner, then pummeled him with a series of punches.

Nigel McGuinness: Al Snow got the first punch in, but he didn’t maintain the offense… and now it seems like he’s in trouble! Hook is in control!

Hook followed up with a headbutt, then threw Snow across the ring into the opposite corner. Hook ran at Snow, going for a corner clothesline, but Snow got his feet up and blocked it. As Hook stumbled backwards, Snow charged towards him, going for a big boot, but Hook sidestepped it, then grabbed Snow and hit him with the Taz-plex! Snow cried out in pain, and as he tried to sit up, Hook hit him with the hammer and anvil strikes.

Mauro Ranallo: Hook is dominating this match! I think he’s toying with Al Snow, Nigel!

Hook dragged Snow to his feet, setting him up for a gutwrench suplex, but Snow blocked it, countering with the Alabama Slam! Snow then climbed to the top rope and went for the Five Star Frog Splash… but Hook got his knees up and blocked it! As Snow clutched his ribs in pain, Hook grabbed him, locking in Redrum! Snow quickly tapped out and the referee called for the bell.

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! Hook advances to the second round!

As Hook celebrated his victory, he didn't realize that Christian Cage had entered the ring with a chair in hand.

Mauro Ranallo: Wait a minute!

Hook turned around and Christian blasted him in the head with the chair, causing a sickening sound. Hook fell to the mat and Christian unloaded a series of mounted punches to the head as the crowd booed.

Mauro Ranallo: For the second time in a few weeks, Christian is assaulting Hook.

Nigel McGuinness: But why?

Christian got to his feet and the camera showed massive amounts of blood pouring down Hook's face, Christian dragged him to his feet by his arms and turned him around. Christian looked at the camera and smirked before delivering the Unprettier. Christian rolled out of the ring and grabbed the microphone from Christy Hemme before he returned to the ring, then he grabbed the chair and set it up near Hook and took a seat.

Christian Cage: Hook, I hope you can hear me, because what I'm about to say right now is something you need to hear.

The crowd continued to boo and Christian sneered at them before turning his attention back to Hook.

Christian Cage: Hook, I hate you, I hate everything you represent because if there's one thing that really pisses me off in this business, it's nepotism. Legends or people who think they are legends using pull to make things easier for their snot-nosed brats in professional wrestling. Hook, do you know what it's like to wrestle in front of 100 people in a high school gym? Do you know what it's like earning just enough money to pay for gas and grab a quick meal?

Christian shook his head.

Christian Cage: No you don't, but I do. Because when I started a long time ago I had no one with name recognition and past success to make things easy for me. I had to actually work to become a success and that's exactly what I did in both WWE and EBWF. Hook, you didn't have to do any of that because you're the son of the one and only Human Suplex Machine, Taz. You know it doesn't surprise me that you ended up here in EBWF, because despite the fact that you haven't paid your dues, despite the fact that your father was average at best, this company loves second and third generation wrestlers and trust me, that's the only reason you were hired.

Christian paused for a moment as the crowd continued to let him have it.

Christian Cage: While the reason you were given a job here pisses me off Hook, that isn't entirely your fault. You didn't choose to have a wrestler for a father. But there's another reason I hate you Hook, and that's the fact that you decided to open your mouth about my business a few weeks ago. I'm sick and tired of people like you vilifying me for what I did to Alexa Bliss. My business with her has nothing to do with you and yet you decided to open your mouth and say that you were angry about what I did because you respect Alexa.

Christian laughed.

Christian Cage: That's funny Hook, because you've been here for a year and I've never seen you have a conversation with her, I've never heard her say your name once. Hell Hook, do you know if she even respects you? Since you wanted to be a hero Hook, I gave you a beating fitting of one and right now I'm gonna give you some advice.

Christian stood up.

Christian Cage: Never come back.

Christian dropped the microphone and stood over Hook as "My Last Breath" played.

Mauro Ranallo: Christian Cage has officially lost it.

Nigel McGuinness: The fact that Hook is Taz's son made him a target.

Mauro Ranallo: Not only that but his comments on Christian's recent actions also made him a target. It seems Christian can't let this grudge with Alexa Bliss go and is gonna attack anyone who questions him.

Christian posed as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH THREE

When Warfare returned from the commercial break, Johnny Gargano was on his way to the ring, accompanied by Joseph Park.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Still to come, we’ll see the return of Xavier Woods, who is scheduled to go one on one with Seth Rollins in our main event. Up first though, we’ve got Johnny Gargano versus Randy Orton!

After Gargano had entered the ring, “Counting Bodies Like Sheep” hit and the crowd cheered as Randy Orton headed to the ring. Once Orton was in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Orton immediately went for an RKO, but Gargano blocked it, then hit Orton with a series of punches. Gargano went to whip Orton against the ropes, but Orton reversed the Irish whip, sending Gargano into the ropes before hitting him with a dropkick. As Gargano tried to get back up, Orton caught him with a kick to the face, then began stomping on him repeatedly. Orton dragged Gargano to his feet and hit a European uppercut, then threw Gargano out of the ring. Orton followed Gargano to the outside and lifted him up, before dropping him onto the ringside barrier! As Gargano fell to the ground, Orton rolled back into the ring and told the referee to begin counting Gargano out.

Nigel McGuinness: An aggressive start to this match by Randy Orton!

At the count of 5, Gargano got to his feet and slid back into the ring. Orton put Gargano in a headlock, but Gargano fought out of it, then hit Orton with a series of punches. Gargano then whipped Orton into the corner, before hitting him with a running double knee strike! As Orton stumbled out of the corner, Gargano took him down with a superkick, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Orton kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Gargano with a near fall! Now can he maintain the momentum against The Viper?

Gargano pulled Orton to his feet and hit him with some more right hands, then set him up for a swinging neckbreaker… but Orton blocked it and lifted Gargano up, hitting a snap scoop powerslam! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Gargano kicked out! Orton pulled Gargano to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, but Gargano fought back with a series of kicks, then dragged Orton down to the mat. Gargano went for the Garga-no Escape, but Orton broke free before he could lock it in, then hit Gargano with a vicious stomp to the chest!

Nigel McGuinness: Oh my, Mauro… that might have knocked the wind out of Johnny Gargano!

As Gargano stumbled to his feet, Orton threw him into the corner, then sat him on the top rope. Orton climbed the ropes and lifted Gargano up, hitting a superplex! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Gargano kicked out! Orton began pounding the mat, signaling for the RKO, then stalked Gargano, waiting for him to get to his feet. When Gargano was up, Orton grabbed him and set him up for the RKO, but once again Gargano blocked it, then he hit Orton with an enzuigiri! Gargano then rolled Orton up and the referee counted - 1… 2… Orton kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: We’ve said the words “RKO outta nowhere” so many times, but Gargano almost stole a victory outta nowhere there!

As both men got to their feet, Gargano hit a standing Sliced Bread #2, then climbed onto the ring apron. As Orton got back up, Gargano leapt over the top rope, going for One Final Beat… but Orton blocked it, then hit a European uppercut followed by an inverted headlock backbreaker! Gargano struggled to get to his feet, and when he did so, Orton hit him with the RKO! Orton hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! Randy Orton gets the victory!

Orton celebrated, then made his way to the back as a video package began to play hyping Xavier Woods’ return.

MATCH FOUR

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it’s time for our main event! Last year’s King of the Ring, Xavier Woods, returns to EBWF for this year’s tournament after being absent for several months, and he will go one on one with Seth Rollins!

“The Rising” by Def Rebel hit and the crowd booed as Seth Rollins made his way to the ring. When Rollins was in the ring, “New Day, New Way” hit and the fans inside the arena went wild as Xavier Woods stepped out onto the stage. Woods was wearing the crown that he had been given last year when he won the King of the Ring tournament.

Nigel McGuinness: Woods is the reigning King, and a former World Champion, but he hasn’t been seen here in EBWF since he lost the World Championship to The Miz back on January 2nd. The reasons for his four-month absence are unknown, but you have to wonder… will he be able to perform at his best here tonight, or will there be some ring rust to shake off?

When Woods was in the ring, he removed his crown and locked eyes with Rollins, who was staring him down. The referee was about to call for the bell, when suddenly the lights inside the arena went off. When the lights came back on, Woods and Rollin were surrounded by five men. The men were dressed all in black, and had their faces covered.

Mauro Ranallo: What is going on here?!

One of the men could be heard yelling “now!” and on his instruction, the other four men began attacking Woods and Rollins! As Woods and Rollins tried to fend off their attackers, the man calling the shots punched the referee, knocking him down. Two of the men dragged Woods out of the ring, cleared the announce table and powerbombed Woods through it! Meanwhile in the ring, Rollins was taken out with a spike piledriver. As security rushed to the ring, the five masked men managed to escape through the crowd.

Nigel McGuinness: Well this is unfortunate… I don’t think Seth Rollins and Xavier Woods are in any condition to compete after what just happened!

As EBWF’s security team went after the masked attackers, Woods and Rollins were checked over by a group of medics, referees and road agents. One of the referees spoke to Christy Hemme, who grabbed her microphone and made an announcement to the crowd.

Christy Hemme: I have just been informed that, as a result of the attack on Seth Rollins and Xavier Woods, unfortunately their scheduled match will not be able to take place tonight. However, given the mysterious circumstances, the match will take place on Warfare next week! We apologize for the unexpected interruption to our show, and thank you all for coming.

The crowd booed, clearly disappointed that they would not get to see the match take place. Woods and Rollins were helped to the back as Warfare went off the air.