Time for a repeat

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
King Xavier

Time for a repeat

Post by King Xavier »

Xavier Woods was backstage. He wore his crown as he was set to defend the title of King of the Ring. He knew it wouldn't be easy but as his music hit the crowd went nuts. He walked from behind the curtain with a microphone in his hand. The reigning king waved to the crowd as he slowly walked down the ramp. Once he stood at the base of the ring, he walked up the stairs and into the ring. The crowd was chanting his name as he started to speak.

Hey everyone! Your king is back! I know I left for a while, and I apologize for that. After losing my world title I had a mental breakdown and needed to take care of myself. I needed to be there for the people who always support me. Plus the moment the calendar turned to May yours truly knew the King of the Ring tournament would be active and as the reigning king I refused to miss it. I'm undefeated in this event and I don't plan to change that anytime soon. Some of you might consider that cocky for a nice guy like me and that's fair. However, all I do is work my ass off and outside of a few folks here I've been undervalued.

He paused for a moment letting the crowd cheer for him.

I was sitting at home when I got the call asking to come back and that I would be facing Seth Rollins in the first round if I chose too return. Now you know how I work guys and I'll be damned if Seth Rollins gets any further then this week. The last time we spoke I was giving him my breakout title. I'm still the undefeated Breakout champion no matter what he might say. I'm proud of him though finally stepping up his game and trying to become the king by beating the only king that matters right now.

The crowd continued to cheer.

What can I say about Seth Rollins that no one has heard before. It's going to be tough when you've been in the business for a very long time. I'm not going to give him any favors that's for sure. I'm a nice guy and care about everyone but this is a business and everything you get is earned. No surprise that Seth lost his Breakout Championship since he doesn't work hard to keep what he truly wants. That's why he doesn't need to be our King of the Ring. He doesn't need to be the guy who takes over for me I cannot allow it.

He took his crown and placed it in he hand.

This means the world to me. This is why I came back because I want the glory again. It isn't about the fact I get a title shot with the victory that's not important. I'm never going to be selfish and make it about me and that's why this tournament is for each of you out there. The fans deserve someone with honor and respect to continue reigning over EBWF.

He raised the crown in the air.

This is what Seth Rollins wants. He wants the glory. He wants to finally say he achieved something without the world feeling sorry for him. Why should I give him what he wants? He isn't entitled at all. The great Seth Rollins has lost a step in general. I wonder if he is even happy in the company anymore. I say that confidently because while I was away, I didn't hear anything about him. I wasn't sure if he was still with EBWF. He likes to throw a fit when he doesn't get his way.

The fans seemed shock to hear this.

Oh yes. There is a lot of backstage drama with Seth. The guy needs a customized locker with the temperature at a comfortable 72 degrees. Seth wants the roster to respect him and call him the greatest of all time and that will never happen with me at least. So I understand that some of you in the crowd like him and i respect that. However, if Seth would somehow win this tournament, it would make EBWF boring. Everyone remembers when he told the world that I wouldn't do much here, but I've been world champion what can he say to that?

He placed the crown on his head once more.

Seth Rollins is a jealous man. That is the only reason he entered this tournament. He could have stayed home and rested but his ego won't let him. So, before I head backstage and prepare for my match against Mr. Rollins let me close with this, Seth Rollins you are going to understand what being in hell is like. I'm fresh off the press. I haven't competed in months and have a lot to teach you. The roster is going to see a crisp Xavier Woods and make everyone wish I stayed away from the company. It is going to take your very best effort to keep me down and even that won't be enough. You might be the architect, but I am going to be the man who makes it crumble before your eyes. Everything you've worked toward won't matter after Wednesday night. All the momentum you were hoping to get from beating the reigning, defending, undisputed King of the Ring will mean nothing when you FAIL. What excuse will you have? Who are you going to blame for your downfall other than yourself? I'm Xavier Woods I'm confident in who I am. If you want to take my title you will die trying, I promise you that. If you have a problem with anything I've said you know where to find me, but the truth hurts Mr. Rollins.

The reigning King rolled out of the ring. He celebrated with a few kids dancing and having fun. Eventually he walked up the ramp and backstage where his family was waiting. They flew in as a surprise and wanted to support him on a repeat performance. King Of The Ring was vital to him. It showed he put his effort into everything, and he wasn't a fluke.