The Conquest to be King

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Brock Anderson

The Conquest to be King

Post by Brock Anderson »

The scene opens up with Brock Anderson sitting, tying up his boots for tonight’s match against Trent for a chance to reach the final King of the Ring match. He looks back, noticing the camera and smirks while motioning it closer.

Brock Anderson: Just who I was hoping would pop up! Because let’s face it, I’ve got a few things we need to address and get off my chest before tonight’s match. Who knows, it might even help Trent tonight - probably not.

He grabs the wrist tape and begins to start on it as he looks to the camera while speaking.

Brock Anderson: Now I’ll start by saying I am man who lives and focuses on the present. My head, my focus, is on the next thirty minutes tonight when I step in the ring with Trent. BUT… There’s an elephant in the room going into Total Supremacy.

A wide grin crosses his face, as he reaches over and grabs his title and sits it across his lap, still looking intently into the camera.

Brock Anderson: Last week, I had the biggest match of my young career. Last week, I took on one of the toughest and most prestigious sonuvabitches to grace the ring. And last week, I BEAT his ass. I taught the old dog some new tricks and maybe in the future.. just maybe, he’ll put some respect on my name before he steps foot in my ring again. But hey, I don’t expect praise for what I did. I don’t expect a handshake from Jericho. And most of all, I don’t expect these idiots back here to change their outlook out there in that ring when they face me. But hey, keep thinking I’m some kid that’s here because of my last name.

He shakes his head, before shrugging it off.

Brock Anderson: But I digress - back to the present, to the moment that matters. Trent, a man who’s come back and found himself here in the King of the Ring tournament. But not just found himself in it… but even closer to getting to the end. Hungry, blood thirsty, man on a mission. But look who has been mentoring this guy… ole Rocky Romero. Call me crazy, but I’m fairly convinced if I can take out the teacher, I can sure as hell take out the student. But hey, Trent’s young and he’s found himself in a few similar scenarios as me. He’s beaten an Eee-bee-dubya-eff legend in the Legend Killer himself. Hell, if anyone besides me has a chance at the throne tonight - besides me, of course - it probably IS Trent.

He pauses, putting a finger up as a physical pause in his dialogue.

Brock Anderson: BUT - that’s a big what if; that’s a low percentage scenario. I’ll have to have keeled over before I let Trent get over on me. I haven’t gotten this far by laying down and taking losses left and right. Trent, you’re a talent, you’ve got the grit that you’ll need tonight but it’s not going to be enough. Because while you may be on a mission, I’m on a path of destiny.

A grim seriousness crosses his face, as he leans in closer to the camera.

Brock Anderson: And that path is going to take me to the main event where I’ll either be facing against another piece of the old guard in Christian - Mr. Captain Charisma; or Damien Priest. Another young, “exciting” wrestler who again… DOESN’T have what is going to take to go all the way tonight. None of these guys, not a single damn one, has it written in the stars. In fact, I’ll paint the picture for you… a few months ago I spoke about a horse called war… that I am the war. I’m the shake-up this place needed. I’m the young, the intense, the grittiest, and the damned best thing that’s happening here in this company. I declared war on every single soul that’s challenged me. Now, Trent… Damien or Christian; close your eyes and let me paint a picture for you. Another horse rides in a days of the apocalypse. A white horse, a rider with a crown upon his head… representing conquest. It’s almost poetic.

Brock looks up to the ceiling, almost prophetic, before looking back to the camera.

Brock Anderson: I think it goes without saying that I’ve been on my own conquest here. I’ve stood in the ring with some of the best and I’ve beaten most. I’ve proved time and time again I’ve got the energy, the piss and vinegar, the WANT to keep the story going. And tonight, the Horseman will be crowned THE King of the Ring.

He stands up with the championship, and walks out of the room as the camera fades to black.