Warfare Results - 08/14/2023

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results - 08/14/2023

Post by Ashlee »

SEGMENT

After the opening credits of Warfare had played, the camera immediately cut to the parking lot of the Gainsbridge Fieldhouse. A car pulled up, and the crowd cheered as Trish Stratus got out of it. Trish then entered the arena, but as she did so she was stopped by Britt Baker. Trish looked at Britt, seemingly puzzled.

Trish Stratus: Excuse me… can I help you?

Britt Baker: Actually Trish, I’m hoping I can help you. You see, I feel like the two of us have a few things in common… and I’m not just talking about the fact that we’re two of the most talented women on the roster. We both seem to have been sidelined as the focus of the women’s division has switched to the seemingly never ending influx of Japanese wrestlers. We’ve got Oedo Tai, Neo Blishiki Gun… honestly, I’m losing track. And while I respect these women and what they’ve accomplished, I think maybe they need a reminder that they’re not the ones running the show. Do you know what I mean?

Trish Stratus: I think I do. You never even got your rematch after Tam beat you for the Women’s Championship last year, did you?

Britt shook her head.

Britt Baker: I did not… ten months and counting. Tam is extremely talented, and she deserved to beat me at Fanniversary, but I deserve my rematch. And I think you deserve a chance to keep your record intact, too. But I don’t hold any of that against Tam, and that’s not really what I wanted to talk to you about. I just wanted to say that I know Natalya isn’t around as much these days, and with everything that’s been going on, maybe you need someone else to have your back. And if you want someone you can count on… someone you can trust… well, you know where I am.

Britt grinned. Trish nodded, and gave Britt a slight smile.

Trish Stratus: I’ll bear that in mind. Thanks, Britt.

Trish patted Britt on the shoulder and carried on walking to her locker room as the camera cut to Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at ringside.

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: That was certainly a development between Britt Baker and Trish Stratus.

Nigel McGuinness: And some way to kick off Warfare.

“Better Than You” hit the PA and the crowd gave a mixed reaction to MJF who mostly ignored them as he sauntered down the ramp, and into the ring. “Phenomenal” hit, and the crowd was on their feet.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome home, AJ Styles!

Nigel McGuinness: I think the EBWF Fans are surprised to see the Phenomenal One back in an EBWF ring.

Mauro Ranallo: That may be true, but the EBWF brass know what’s good for business, and AJ Styles certainly is!

The bell rang, and MJF quickly took AJ Styles down and applied a front facelock. Styles quickly got to the ropes to get a clean break. MJF applied a side headlock. Styles whipped him off and dropkicked him down. Styles grabbed MJF before bouncing him off the turnbuckles and connecting with a backbreaker. MJF fought back, but Styles quickly hit a back body drop over the top rope. MJF pulled himself up in the corner. Styles went on the apron and went for a running knee, but MJF countered and threw him to ringside. MJF then knocked Styles into the ring steps.

Mauro Ranallo: The referee has started his count, and MJF may be after a count out.

Styles hurried around to the other side of the ring and MJF gave chase. Styles slid back in under the bottom rope, and MJF followed after. Styles took MJF down and caught him with a sliding forearm. Styles attacked him in the corner and hit an ushigoroshi.

1…
2…

Nigel McGuinness: It’s no good!

Styles went for a Styles Clash, but MJF got out of it. Styles tried for a strike combo, but MJF countered into a German Suplex. MJF hit a second German Suplex, but Styles got out of a third and hit an overhead kick. MJF quickly came back by turning him inside out with a German Suplex. MJF applied an ankle lock to Styles. Styles screamed in pain but eventually fought out. MJF quickly took him down with a northern lights suplex for a near fall. MJF went for the Heat Seeker, but Styles rolled through. Styles quickly goes for a jackknife pin, but MJF powered him out. Styles quickly transitioned into a Styles Clash!

1…
2…
3!

Mauro Ranallo: Styles wins! Styles defeats MJF.

Nigel McGuinness: What a return for AJ Styles.

AJ celebrates by climbing the turnbuckle as EBWF went to commercial.

SEGMENT

After the match, Warfare cut to the backstage area, where Alexa Bliss was sitting in a chair across from the camera.

Alexa Bliss: You know, the last month or so hasn't been very kind to me or the people I care about. Before I address the main cause of my recent pain, I want to address a certain “Lord and Savior.”

Alexa rolled her eyes.

Alexa Bliss: Jamie Hayter, you have been running around attacking people and claiming that everyone is a target to Oedo Tai. After spending the first half of the year doing nothing of note you’ve decided to make everyone an enemy so I guess you and your group can feel special. Now originally, I didn’t plan on dealing with or even addressing you right now but that changed last week. Last week, as everyone knows by now, you jumped one of my best friends, Becky Lynch before her match with Sakisama and now you’re running around bragging about it and claiming that you ended her career.

Alexa chuckled and shook her head.

Alexa Bliss: Oh Jamie, if you truly think that then you are sadly mistaken because I have it on good authority that Becky will be back and when she comes back you will regret what you did. Now onto Sakisama; the woman who tried to end my career a month ago, the woman who had her minion bash me over the head with a metal tray a couple weeks ago. Saki, it’s clear that my involvement in your match with Arisa back at Total Supremacy pissed you off and you decided to attack me for it, well now you have to deal with a pissed off Goddess. And while hitting you in the head with a metal tray last week brought me some satisfaction, I’m not done yet, so right now I’m challenging you to a match at Gateway to Glory. It will be just you and me Saki one on one and think about it, this will be your chance to end my career.

Alexa smirked.

Alexa Bliss: But I must warn you quite a few people have tried to put me out and have failed and most of them are no longer around in this company, but if you don’t believe me, just ask your puppet Utami. I’ll be waiting for your answer.

Alexa smiled as Warfare went to commercial break.

MATCH TWO

When Warfare returned from the commercial break, Jamie Hayter was on her way to the ring for the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, we’ve got Oedo Tai’s Jamie Hayter in action as she does one on one with Dr Britt Baker, DMD!

When Hayter was in the ring, “The Epic” hit and the crowd cheered as Britt Baker headed to the ring. After Baker had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two women locked up. Hayter took Baker down to the mat, then began hitting her with a series of punches. Baker fought Hayter off and immediately went for the Lockjaw, but Hayter rolled away before Baker could lock it in and got back to her feet. The two women locked up once more, and this time Britt Baker applied an arm twist. As Hayter tried to fight out of it, Baker transitioned into a hammerlock, before putting Hayter in a headlock.

Nigel McGuinness: Baker is using her technical wrestling skills here, putting Hayter in a lot of holds… and the woman who calls herself our Lord and Savior doesn’t like it one bit!

Hayter grabbed Baker by the hair to fight out of the headlock, and after receiving a warning from the referee, Hayter put Britt Baker in a choke hold. Baker managed to fight out of it and took Hayter down with a hip toss, then as Hayter got back to her feet, Baker hit a bridging northern lights suplex! Hayter’s shoulders were down and the referee counted - 1… 2… Hayter kicked out! Baker pulled Hayter to her feet and hit her with a series of punches, then whipped her against the ropes. As Hayter ran back towards her, Baker went for a clothesline, but Hayter ducked underneath it, then gouged Baker’s eyes!

Mauro Ranallo: Oh come on! Jamie Hayter is lucky she hasn’t gotten herself disqualified!

Hayter received another warning from the referee, which seemed to amuse her. She grabbed Britt Baker and threw her down onto the mat, before stomping on her several times. Hayter then put Baker on the ropes, and began using her leg to choke her! The referee threatened to disqualify Hayter and began counting, but Hayter removed her leg just before the count of 5. The crowd booed and began chanting “DMD!” but Hayter ignored them, grabbing Baker once more and this time throwing her into the turnbuckles. Hayter hit Baker with a series of kicks in the corner, before sitting Baker on the top rope. Hayter set Baker up for a superplex… but Baker countered with a sunset flip powerbomb!

Nigel McGuinness: What a counter!

Baker hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1… 2… Hayter kicked out! As both women got to their feet, Baker hit Hayter with a series of punches, then whipped her against the ropes. As Hayter ran back towards her, Baker hit a clothesline. Hayter got back up, and Baker hit a second clothesline… then a third!

Mauro Ranallo: Britt Baker in control here, and Jamie Hayter could be in trouble!

Hayter was looking dazed, and Baker hit her with a fisherman neckbreaker, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Hayter kicked out! As Baker got to her feet, she pulled out a red glove and placed it on her hand, signaling for the Lockjaw! But before she could lock it in, AZM ran down the ramp and climbed up onto the ring apron!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s AZM, who was revealed as the newest member of Oedo Tai last week! She’s here to help Jamie Hayter!

Mauro Ranallo: She has no business being out here, Nigel!

As AZM tried to enter the ring, the referee stopped her and ordered her to go to the back. AZM wouldn’t budge though, so Britt Baker intervened, hitting AZM with a superkick! As AZM fell to the floor, Baker turned her attention back to Hayter, but Hayter was back on her feet now and she charged towards Baker, hitting Hayterade! She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! Jamie Hayter gets the win!

Mauro Ranallo: She certainly does, Nigel… and she has AZM to thank for it!

The referee called for the bell and as Hayter celebrated, AZM entered the ring. Hayter and AZM then began attacking Britt Baker! The crowd booed, and began chanting for Trish Stratus… Trish’s music hit, and the crowd cheered as the former Women’s Champion ran down to the ring! Stratus and Baker managed to fight off Oedo Tai, and as Hayter and AZM headed back up the ramp, Trish grabbed a microphone and began to speak.

Trish Stratus: Byeeeeee!

She waved sarcastically to Hayter and AZM, and then looked down the lens of the hard camera.

Trish Stratus: I have had enough of Tam Nakano, hiding behind her nice girl act. Hiding behind her ability to give title shots to her friends. I have had enough of Tam Nakano ducking true competition, like she did when Britt Baker never got her rematch! Like she has with refusing me a match before Gateway to Glory. So you know what, Tam?

She grinned.

Trish Stratus: Maybe I won’t get a title match before Gateway to Glory, but I will get my hands on you. We will get our hands on you, because next week on Warfare? It’s going to be Tam Nakano and Arisa Hoshiki versus me and my new unlikely partner right here.

She pointed to Britt and Britt nodded, smiling back at her.

Trish Stratus: And I already know what people will be saying all weekend. They hardly know each other! They won’t have chemistry. How can they possibly? But let me assure you Tam, Arisa… and all the EBWF Fans around the world, it’s going to be 100% Stratusfaction Guaranteed with Trish Stratus and Dr. Britt Baker… D. M. D.

Trish and Britt did the DMD finger point taunt without missing a beat and then went to opposite turnbuckles as “Time to Rock N’ Roll” hit and Trish and Britt both pointed their index fingers to the sky as EBWF went to commercial.

SEGMENT

After a video promoting Gateway to Glory, the camera cut to the backstage area, where Renee Young was standing with Adam Cole.

Renee Young: Good evening, EBWF fans! I’m joined by Adam Cole, who I understand wants to issue a challenge to one of his fellow EBWF superstars. Adam, over to you.

Adam Cole: Thanks Renee. That’s right, I’d like to issue a challenge to the new EBWF Gateway Champion… Brock Anderson. In case you’ve forgotten, a few months ago I beat Brock Anderson… and he reacted by attacking me, busting me open, and DDTing me onto exposed concrete.

The screen that was behind Adam Cole and Renee Young played the video of Brock Anderson attacking Adam Cole after their match on the April 3rd episode of Warfare.

Adam Cole: Well four months might have passed, but I certainly haven’t forgotten. Quite the opposite, in fact… I’ve been waiting to challenge Brock Anderson to a match, so we can settle this in the ring, man to man. I was going to challenge Brock at Total Supremacy, but obviously he was a little busy with the King of the Ring tournament. Poor Brock, he came up short once again, but at least this time rather than losing his temper, he used his disappointment to motivate himself. And now he’s a double champion… although if I have it my way, he won’t be for long. That’s right Brock, I don’t just want to beat you again, I want to take that Gateway Championship off you. Or if you’re too scared to defend that title and risk losing your opportunity to cash it in for a World Title match, I’ll take a shot at your Breakout Title… you haven’t defended that for a while, have you. Or maybe I’ve underestimated you; maybe you’re really brave and want to put both your titles on the line. Just remember Brock, I’ve beaten you once already, and I will beat you again. How about you let me know your decision next week, kid.

Adam Cole walked away as another video package began to play, this time recapping Hook’s feud with Christian Cage.

MATCH THREE

“My Last Breath” by Evanescence hit and the crowd booed as Christian Cage and Seth Rollins made their way to the ring for the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we’ve got tag team action as Christian Cage and Seth Rollins take on Hook and a partner of Hook’s choosing… there has been a lot of speculation about who Hook’s partner will be, but as it stands we have no idea who the Cold Hearted Handsome Devil will be teaming up with tonight!

Nigel McGuinness: Maybe he couldn’t find a partner, Mauro! This could be a handicap match for all we know!

When Christian and Rollins were in the ring, “The Chairman’s Intent” by Action Bronson hit and the crowd cheered as Hook stepped out onto the stage. Hook waited at the top of the ramp, a smile on his face… then “Judas” by Fozzy hit, and the fans inside Gainbridge Fieldhouse erupted as Chris Jericho joined Hook at the top of the ramp!

Mauro Ranallo: Well Hook didn’t just get any tag team partner, Nigel… he got the GOAT himself, Chris Jericho!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s an interesting choice by Hook, Mauro… don’t forget, at Total Supremacy last year, Hook issued an open challenge, Jericho answered it, and Hook beat him. So I’m not so sure Hook can trust Chris Jericho.

Mauro Ranallo: That was over a year ago, Nigel! I think Hook earned Chris Jericho’s respect, and that’s why Jericho has agreed to be Hook’s partner.

Hook and Jericho made their way to the ring, and after entering the ring Jericho moved onto the ring apron, allowing Hook to start the match. Hook pointed at Christian, clearly wanting a chance to get his hands on Christian, but Christian shook his head and told Rollins to get things started. The referee called for the bell, and Rollins charged at Hook, going for a clothesline… but Hook sidestepped it and dragged Rollins down to the mat, putting him in an armbar! Rollins managed to fight out of it, and as both men got to their feet, Rollins went to whip Hook against the ropes… but Hook reversed the Irish whip, sending Rollins against the ropes before taking him down with a shoulder block. As Rollins got back to his feet, Hook hit him with a body slam, then tagged in Jericho, who climbed to the top rope and hit a diving elbow drop! Jericho hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Rollins kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: A great start here by Hook and Jericho… and don’t forget, whichever team wins tonight will get to pick the stipulation for Hook’s match against Christian Cage at Gateway to Glory.

Jericho pulled Rollins to his feet and hit him with a bulldog, then went for the Lionsault… but as Jericho hit the ropes, Christian caught him with a cheap shot! Jericho fell to the mat, and Rollins stomped on him several times before tagging in Christian Cage. As Christian entered the ring, he whipped Jericho into his team’s corner, and as Rollins held Jericho in place, Christian hit the 12-time EBWF World Champion with a series of punches and chops. Christian then pulled Jericho out of the corner and hit him with a neckbreaker before hooking the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Jericho kicked out! Christian tagged Jericho back towards his team’s corner and tagged in Rollins. Rollins and Christian then double teamed Jericho, stomping on him repeatedly until the referee ordered Christian to exit the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: Rollins and Christian working well together here, keeping Jericho on their side of the ring… and you can tell it’s frustrating Hook, who is itching to get in the ring here!

Rollins pulled Jericho to his feet and hit him with a series of knees to the midsection, then lifted Jericho up and hit the Falcon Arrow! Rollins ran across the ring and hit Hook with a knee strike, knocking him off the ring, then covered Jericho. The referee counted - 1… 2… Jericho kicked out! Rollins then sat Jericho up, putting him in a sleeper hold… but Jericho was able to fight out of it, and as both men got to their feet, Jericho hit a double underhook powerbomb! Jericho hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1… 2… Rollins kicked out! As Jericho got to his feet, Hook called for the tag. Rollins grabbed Jericho by the leg, trying to prevent him from making the tag, but Jericho kicked Rollins away then tagged in Hook! The crowd cheered as Hook hopped over the top rope. He immediately grabbed Seth Rollins, hitting him with a bridging German suplex! Both of Rollins’ shoulders were down and the referee counted - 1… 2… Christian broke up the count! Christian and Rollins then began beating down Hook, but Jericho entered the ring to even things up! Jericho took Rollins down with a clothesline, then grabbed Christian by the legs and took him down to the mat, going for the Walls of Jericho… but Christian kicked Jericho away and got back to his feet. Jericho then set Christian up for the Unprettier, but Jericho broke free and hit Christian with the Judas Effect! As Christian hit the mat, he rolled out of the ring, and Jericho climbed back onto the ring apron, leaving Rollins and Hook as the legal men. Rollins set Hook up for the Curb Stomp… but before he could hit it, Hook got to his feet and grabbed Rollins, locking him in Redrum! Rollins immediately tapped out, and the referee called for the bell.

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! An impressive victory for Chris Jericho and Hook… or as I’d like to start calling them, Jeric-Hook!

Nigel McGuinness: That sounds terrible, Mauro.

As Christian and Rollins made their way back up the ramp, Jericho raised Hook’s arm in victory. Hook then grabbed a microphone and began to speak.

Hook: Well Christian, you might have tried to keep your distance from me tonight, but you won’t be able to do that at Gateway to Glory… because our match is going to be EBWF’s first ever fight pit match! We’ll be trapped inside a cage, and the only way to win is by knockout or submission. Let’s see how you cope when you don’t have a steel chair or Seth Rollins to help you.

Hook dropped the microphone, and continued to celebrate with Jericho as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH FOUR

Warfare returned to a cold open.

"I CAME TO PLAY!"

Mauro Ranallo: Wait a minute, it looks like we have a guest!

The crowd cheered as The EBWF World Champion walked out with a confident smirk, the championship over his shoulder. He amped up the crowd as he made his way to the ringside area, grabbing a a headset and a chair next to Mauro and Nigel.

Nigel McGuiness: I have to imagine you're out here to scout your opponent for Gateway to Glory.

The Miz: I don't know what you're talking about, Nigel. Just enjoying a match that'll no doubt be...awesome.

Trent's entrance theme played as the former World Champ played up the crowd and made his way down to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Trent wasn't successful in the King of the Ring tournament, but he's looking to prove that he belongs in the conversation for future title opportunities by taking on the number one contender.

The Miz: ...to MY championship.

The crowd got loud suddenly as something caused Trent to stumble forward and fall to the ground in pain.

Mauro Ranallo: It's Damian Priest!

The crowd's reaction was mixed as Priest picked up Trent and hurled him into the barricade. Trent crumpled to the ground in pain. Priest picked Trent up and stuffed his head between his legs, lifting him up and slamming him into the steel ramp with a Razor's Edge. The Miz stood up, getting into the ring as Damian quickly stepped into the ring as well. The Miz was ready for a fight. The two met dead center in the middle of the ring as Damian stared down his opponent at Gateway to Glory. Priest brought a microphone up to his mouth as he and the Miz stood nose to nose.

Damian Priest: Yo relax, Miz. I ain't here to fight you. But I also ain't here to fight some scrub that got beat by Brock Anderson in the tournament. I actually respect you. That's why my next fight is not only going to be another W in my undefeated streak, but I'm going home with the EBWF World Championship. Two weeks, Miz. Two weeks to hug that title close before they put new plates on it.

Priest extended his hand and the Miz cautiously shook it, but not before pulling Damian closer to him and staring him down, raising the EBWF World Championship in the air. Damian smirked and nodded with approval as he backed away and stepped out of the ring, leaving the Miz to raise the title to the crowd as EBWF Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote