Warfare Results - 11/27/2023

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results - 11/27/2023

Post by Ashlee »

SEGMENT

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks… it’s time for Warfare! Tonight, we are live from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada… and once again, we are kicking things off with the Breakout Championship Open Challenge!

“Judas” by Fozzy hit, and the fans inside the arena erupted as Chris Jericho stepped out onto the stage.

Nigel McGuinness: Or maybe we’re not, Mauro. It seems like we’re opening the show with one of Winnipeg’s own… it’s Chris Jericho!

Jericho was wearing a Winnipeg Jets hockey jersey, but rather than carrying a hockey stick, he had his beloved bat Floyd with him. As Jericho entered the ring, he pointed around at the crowd with his bat, who were singing along to Judas. The song reached the chorus, and the noise inside the arena got even louder. As Jericho’s music was cut, the crowd continued singing, before breaking out into a chant of “Y2J!” Jericho smiled, grinning from ear to ear, then placed Floyd down and picked up a microphone instead. As the chants inside the arena started to die down, Jericho began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Winnipeg… it’s good to be home.

The crowd cheered once again, then began chanting “Welcome home!” Once that chant had died down, Jericho continued speaking.

Chris Jericho: I’ve lived in a few places, but Winnipeg still feels like home. This is where I grew up, where I went to college. The first time I wrestled in Winnipeg, it wasn’t in a nice arena like this. It was in Georgie’s Bar, as it was known back then… down the road from here, next to the Kirkfield Motor Hotel. The beer cost 35 cents, but it wasn’t really big enough for a wrestling show. In fact, when I jumped off the top rope, I hit my head on the roof. I put a little hole in it. I don’t think there’s any chance of that happening tonight.

Jericho laughed as he looked up at the ceiling.

Chris Jericho: But you’ll be pleased to know, Winnipeg, that I do plan on wrestling tonight. In fact, I hear there’s an open challenge…

The crowd cheered in excitement and anticipation.

Mauro Ranallo: Is Chris Jericho answering the Breakout Championship Open Challenge?

Nigel McGuinness: Well we know Jericho and Adam Cole have history, Mauro… but I’ve got to say, I never thought I’d see the day where Chris Jericho was challenging for the Breakout Championship.

Chris Jericho: Adam Cole, you seem to be trying to be a better guy these days… but I haven’t forgotten what you did to me at the start of this year. You cheated to beat me, and you cost me a place in the Last Survivor match. So tonight, right here in Winnipeg, I’m answering your open challenge for the Breakout Title. And since we are in my hometown, I’d like to up the stakes a little. Adam Cole… I want you to put that title on the line in a Winnipeg street fight!

Jericho began pacing back and forth as he waited for Adam Cole to respond to his challenge. “All About Tha (Boom!)” hit, and the crowd gave Cole a mixed reaction as he made his way to the ring. Upon entering the ring, Cole took the microphone from Jericho, and signaled for his music to be cut, then began to speak.

Adam Cole: Chris, I knew sooner or later you’d challenge me to a rematch… but I didn’t think you’d be interested in this Breakout Championship. I thought you’d consider this title, and the other title I hold - the Gateway Championship - beneath you. I thought you’d only ever been interested in the World Title. I hear Damian Priest doesn’t have an opponent for Christmas Eve of Destruction yet, I’m surprised you’re not trying to claim that spot.

Jericho took the microphone back from Cole to issue a response.

Chris Jericho: Maybe I will, Adam. I haven’t thought that far ahead yet. And honestly, I’ve never been interested in the Breakout Title before, but I sure am interested in beating the Breakout Champion. The only question is whether you’re willing to put it on the line in a street fight.

Jericho passed the microphone back to Adam Cole. Cole smirked, then responded.

Adam Cole: For you, Chris, of course. I know you’ll need a helping hand to beat me, so if you want a Winnipeg Street Fight, that’s what you’ll get. There’s just one condition I have… and that is, when I beat you again, you have to shake my hand and let bygones be bygones. Can you do that, Chris? Or will it eat away at you too much to shake the hand of a man who’s just gone 2 and 0 against you?

Cole tossed the microphone back to Jericho, forcing him to catch it.

Chris Jericho: Boy, you sure are cocky, aren’t you. Sure thing, Adam. After the match, I’ll shake your hand… that is, of course, if you’re not being taken away in an ambulance.

Jericho dropped the microphone and removed the Winnipeg Jets jersey he was wearing, then shouted for a referee to come down to the ring. Cole and Jericho stared one another down as Warfare cut to a brief commercial break.

MATCH ONE

When Warfare returned from the break, a referee was in the ring, standing between Chris Jericho and Adam Cole. The referee ordered Cole and Jericho to back up into the corners, and once they had done so, the referee called for the bell. Jericho and Cole exchanged punches, and after gaining the upper hand, Jericho threw Cole out of the ring. Jericho followed Cole to the outside, then threw Cole into the ring steps. Jericho then lifted up the ring apron, pulling a table out from underneath the ring! As Jericho set the table up, Cole got back to his feet, and as Jericho turned around, Cole grabbed him, hitting a suplex onto the floor. Cole then stomped on Jericho several times, before removing his knee pad and sitting Jericho up. Cole took several times back, then charged at Jericho, going for The Boom… but Jericho rolled out of the way, then hit Cole with a strike to the back of the knee. As Cole clutched his knee, Jericho got to his feet and grabbed Cole, setting him up for a powerbomb through the table… but Cole blocked it, then grabbed Jericho and slammed his head against the ring post. Cole threw Jericho back into the ring, then grabbed a steel chair.

Mauro Ranallo: What a violent start to Warfare this is proving to be, Nigel… you can tell there’s no love lost between these two men!

As Cole re-entered the ring, Jericho was on his feet. Cole swung the chair at him… but Jericho ducked underneath it, then grabbed Cole from behind, hitting a German suplex! As Cole hit the mat, he dropped the chair, and Jericho picked it up, taking it into the corner and wedging it between the top and middle turnbuckles. Jericho then grabbed Cole, and threw him headfirst into the chair! Cole hit the chair with such force, it dented, and Jericho moved Cole away from the ropes then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Cole kicked out! Jericho pulled Cole to his feet and hit a double underhook backbreaker, then went for the Lionsault… but Cole got his knees up and blocked it! As both men got to their feet, Cole hit a superkick, then climbed to the top rope. When Jericho was up, Cole went for the Panama Sunrise… but Jericho blocked it, then put Cole in the Walls of Jericho! Cole was able to get to the ropes, but the referee informed Cole there was no rope break!

Nigel McGuinness: Adam Cole wasn’t thinking there… there are no rope breaks in a street fight! If he wants to escape this hold, he’ll have to think of something else!

Cole let go of the ropes and grabbed onto the edge of the ring instead, managing to escape the hold by pulling himself out of the ring. Cole reached underneath the ring and grabbed a fire extinguisher… then as Jericho followed Cole to the outside, Cole sprayed him in the face with the fire extinguisher! Jericho cried out in pain, and Cole hit Jericho over the head with the fire extinguisher, then threw Jericho back into the ring. Upon re-entering the ring, Cole grabbed Floyd, Jericho’s baseball bat. When Jericho was on his feet, Cole ran at Jericho with the bat… but Jericho grabbed Cole, and hit him with the Codebreaker! He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted - 1… 2… Cole kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Jericho seems to have the upper hand on Adam Cole right now, and these fans here in Winnipeg are loving it!

As Jericho got to his feet, he grabbed Floyd and hit Cole with it several times. Jericho then placed the bat back in the corner, and yelled at Cole to get to his feet. When Cole was up, Jericho went for the Judas Effect… but Cole dodged it, then hit Jericho with a backstabber! Cole then pulled Jericho to his feet and hit a brainbuster onto the knee before hooking the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Jericho kicked out! As Cole got to his feet, he climbed out of the ring and grabbed Jericho by the legs, dragging him out of the ring. Cole then put Jericho on the table that Jericho had set up earlier, before climbing to the top rope. Cole went for an elbow drop through the table… but Jericho moved out of the way at the last second and Cole went through the table!

Nigel McGuinness: Adam Cole went high risk, and he could be in all kinds of trouble now!

Jericho picked Cole up and threw him back into the ring, then looked underneath the ring, pulling out a steel chain. Jericho re-entered the ring with the chain and wrapped the chain around his fist, then punched Cole with the chain! Cole fell to the mat, blood trickling from his forehead as Jericho hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Cole kicked out! Jericho went to hit Cole with the chain once more, but this time Cole blocked it, and he snatched the chain off Jericho then wrapped it around Jericho’s neck, choking him! Jericho managed to fight out of it, but as he broke free, Cole hit him with a superkick! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Jericho kicked out! As Cole got to his feet, he grabbed the chain and wrapped it around his fist, punching Jericho in the head with it several times. Cole then sat Jericho up, wrapped the chain around his knee, and hit Jericho with The Boom using the chain! Cole hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: What a violent end! Both men have given their blood, sweat and tears here in Winnipeg!

Sure enough, blood could be seen trickling down Jericho’s face as Cole got to his feet. The referee handed Cole the Breakout Championship, then raised Cole’s arm in victory as a medic checked on Jericho. Jericho assured the medic he was fine, then got to his feet. Cole looked at Jericho and extended his hand. Jericho begrudgingly shook Cole’s hand, then exited the ring, heading to the back. Cole continued celebrating as Warfare went to the second commercial break of the evening.

MATCH TWO

When Warfare returned from the commercial break, Allysin Kay was on her way to the ring for the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! If you’ve just joined us, before the break Adam Cole successfully defended the Breakout Championship against Chris Jericho in a thrilling Winnipeg Street Fight! Up next, we’ve got Allysin Kay going one on one with “The Rose of Versailles”, Sakisama!

When Allysin Kay was in the ring, “Bara wa Utsukushiku Chiru” hit and the crowd booed as Sakisama made her way to the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: This match was originally scheduled to take place last week, but Sakisama decided she didn’t want to go to Minnesota. She’s here tonight though, and she means business!

When Sakisama was in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Kay charged towards Sakisama, but Sakisama took her down with a big boot, then stomped on her several times. Sakisama pulled Kay to her feet and went for a roundhouse kick, but Kay dodged it, then hit Sakisama with a series of punches. Kay then whipped Sakisama against the ropes, and as Sakisama ran back towards her, Kay went for the Discus from Detroit… but Sakisama ducked underneath it and grabbed Kay from behind, hitting her with a bridging German suplex! Both of Kay’s shoulders were down, and the referee counted - 1… 2… Kay kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Sakisama gets a near fall, but Allysin Kay is back on her feet and ready to fight some more!

As both women got to their feet, they locked up, and Sakisama tried to put Kay in a headlock, but Kay broke free before she could lock it in, then took Sakisama down with a snapmare. As Sakisama hit the mat, Kay stomped on her several times, then pulled her too her feet and whipped her against the ropes once more. As Sakisama ran back towards her, Kay hit a dropkick, then as both women got to their feet, Kay hit Sakisama with a neckbreaker. She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Sakisama kicked out! Kay looked frustrated at only getting a two count, and she pulled Sakisama to her feet, whipping her into the corner before hitting a corner avalanche!

Nigel McGuinness: Allysin Kay might have just knocked the wind out of Saksama there, Mauro!

As Sakisama hit the mat, she rolled out of the ring, giving herself a chance to recover. Allysin Kay followed Sakisama to the outside and hit her with a series of punches, but Sakisama fought back with some punches of her own, then grabbed Kay and threw her into the ring steps! Sakisama then sat Kay up against the steps, before hitting Kay with a bicycle kick, slamming her head into the steps!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! Sakisama might have just knocked Allysin Kay out cold!

Sakisama threw Kay back into the ring and covered her, but Allysin Kay kicked out at 2. Sakisama then went for the Versailles Choke, but Kay got to the ropes before she could lock it in. As Kay got to her feet, Sakisama grabbed her, setting her up for an STO… but Kay blocked it, then hit Sakisama with a series of forearm strikes. Kay then whipped Sakisama against the ropes, and as Sakisama bounced back off the ropes, Kay went for a spear… but Sakisama countered it into a DDT! Kay stumbled back to her feet looking dazed, and Sakisama hit her with the Academy Award Kick! She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! Sakisama gets the win!

As the referee called for the bell, he went to raise Sakisama’s arm in victory, but Sakisama shoved him away, then made her way to the back.

SEGMENT

“Reach For The Sky” by Social Distortion played and the crowd cheered loudly as Liv Morgan walked out and made her way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: For the first time in almost two months, Liv Morgan is on Warfare and it's safe to say this crowd is more than happy to see her back.

Liv slid into the ring and grabbed a microphone. As her music cut the crowd chanted welcome back and Liv smiled in appreciation.

Liv Morgan: It feels so damn good to be back. You know when you have something that you love doing and it's taken away from you, you feel this gut wrenching feeling that’s difficult to put away and sometimes the only way to get rid of it is to get back what you love. Well, that's what happened to me. When I was put through a glass table by Jamie Hayter and put on the shelf, I felt that gut wrenching feeling and as I watched my best friends trying to fight Oedo Tai and being screwed over and put down at almost every turn and knowing that I couldn't help made me feel even worse.

Liv lowered her head and sighed before looking back up with a grin.

Liv Morgan: But I'm back and now that I'm back I think it's almost time to end this war between the Rebellious Angels and Oedo Tai once and for all. Now a few weeks ago Me, Becky,and Alexa came together and after a long discussion we came to a solution that would settle this for good.

Liv chuckled.

Liv Morgan: Now Alexa was gonna offer this solution to Tam Nakano but Tam has been hiding like a little bitch ever since Fanniversary so I'm gonna offer it.

The Crowd waited with growing excitement.

Liv Morgan: The offer is this.. on one side will be Me, Alexa, and Becky and on the other side will be Tam, Jamie ,and AZM and since this is a war what better way to settle this than in War Games!!!

The crowd went nuts as Liv dropped the microphone and “Reach For The Sky played again.

Nigel Mcguinness: Well it looks like not only is Liv back but also War Games might come back.

Mauro Ranallo: Now we have to wait and see what Oedo Tai’s response will be.

Liv left the ring and headed to the back as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: This main event is sure to bring the house down tonight as the team of Seth Rollins, Christian Cage and The Big Show takes on United Empire.

Nigel McGuinness: This crowd tonight in Winnipeg has been on fire, and this match isn’t going to disappoint.

United Empire made their way to the ring, and the arena was buzzing with anticipation. Jeff Cobb looked like a powerhouse as he walked out along side the dominant Great O-Khan. Will Ospreay walked between the two of them as the crowd began to give a mixed reaction to the EBWF newcomers.

Mauro Ranallo: Some would argue that Will Ospreay is the best in the world currently

Nigel McGuinness: He’s so technically gifted and such an impressive athlete, I can see why people would make that distinction, Mauro.

As Christian’s theme hit, his team came to the stage and the crowd booed wildly.

Mauro Ranallo: The veteran grappler with years of experience and technical prowess, Christian Cage leads this team here tonight.

He was joined by Seth Rollins, the architect of chaos and unpredictability. Both men were overshadowed by the colossal Big Show.

Nigel McGuinness: The Big Show may not be matched in strength and power here tonight. United Power is going to have to be on the defensive all night!

Christy Hemme did the ring announcements, and the bell rang. As the match began, tensions ran high with both teams strategizing to gain an early advantage. Jeff Cobb and The Big Show initiated the bout, the ring shaking with their sheer power colliding in a test of strength. Great O-Khan and Christian Cage tagged in, engaging in a technical showdown, each trying to outsmart the other with their ring prowess.

Nigel McGuinness: Christian Cage with a huge right hand!

The men executed a double clothesline, and each headed to their own corner. The match escalated with Seth Rollins and Will Ospreay entering the fray, showcasing their agility and speed with lightning-fast exchanges. Rollins brought his calculated offense, but Ospreay countered with his aerial assault, leaving the audience on the edge of their seats.

Mauro Ranallo: Winnipeg is in an uproar for this bout! What a match, Nigel!

Moments of chaos and intense action ensued as all six competitors showcased their skills, thrilling the crowd with near falls and breathtaking maneuvers. The teams traded momentum, neither willing to back down. As the match reached its climax, chaos erupted outside the ring distracting the referee. In the ring, Will Ospreay seized the opportunity, executing a perfectly timed OsCutter on Seth Rollins, leaving him stunned in the center of the ring. Ospreay ascended to the top turnbuckle, launching himself into a breathtaking Shooting Star Press, landing squarely on Rollins.

1…
2…

Christian tried to come in under the bottom rope but Jeff Cobb grabbed him by the ankle and pulled him back to the outside.

3!

The arena erupted in cheers as Ospreay, alongside Cobb and Great O-Khan, celebrated their hard-fought victory.

Nigel McGuinness: Some valiant efforts from the team of Christian Cage, Seth Rollins, and The Big Show.

Mauro Ranallo: In the end, it was the athleticism and determination of Will Ospreay that secured the triumph for his team in this spectacular six-man tag team clash!

The three men could be seen shouting down at their fallen opponents as the crowd continued to cheer and Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote