Warfare Results 12/11/23

Cory

Warfare Results 12/11/23

Post by Cory »

SEGMENT

A blast of pyrotechnics showered the entrance ramp and the tron above the ring as Warfare went live in the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut. "Addicted to Pain" Alter Bridge was playing as the cameras and drones panned out and showed the thousands of wrestling fans in attendance.

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready, folks! It's time for Warfare!

Nigel McGuinness: And we are just days a way from the most wonderful time of the year!

Mauro Ranallo: That's right Nigel! Grab your eggnog and make sure your first aid kit is ready, we are on the road to Christmas Eve of Destruction! The largest celebration of Yuletide violence in the world!

Warfare's music was replaced by "To the Wolves" by Stitched Up Heart. The crowd cheered as The EBWF World Champion, Damian Priest, slowly walked out of the curtain, flanked by his counsel. Paul gestured in Damian's direction, giving him applause as Priest walked down the ramp, the EBWF World Championship over his shoulder.

Nigel McGuinness: It's a Christmas miracle! The World Champion has graced us with his presence!

Mauro Ranallo: After back to back wins against the Miz, and another victory against Seth Rollins, one wonders what Damian Priest's intent is for Christmas Eve of Destruction.

Nigel McGuinness: Something tells me we won't have to wait long to find out, Mauro.

Priest stepped over the ring ropes and entered the ring, microphone in hand as Paul followed him in. Paul had his own mic, and he allowed the crowd noise to die down a moment before speaking.

Paul Heyman: Ladies and gentlemen! My name is Paul...Heyman...

Paul arched his eyebrow as the crowd chanted the words with him.

Paul Heyman: And I am the proud advocate, advisor, wise man, counsel, manager, whatever you may feel like calling it, to the reigning! Defending! Undisputed! UNDEFEATED! EBWF World Champion....DAMIANNN....PPPUUUHHHRRRIIIIIEEESSSSTTTT!

The crowd cheered as Priest held up the EBWF World Championship, his expression fierce.

Paul Heyman: We are mere days away from the most holly jolly day of blood and guts that pro-wrestling has ever seen! And to my dismay, your World Champion doesn't have a match.

The crowd booed as Damian nodded in agreement.

Paul Heyman: That's downright disrespectful! This fighting champion has taken on whoever has entered the ring with him and won. And he doesn't get the common courtesy of a title defense at Christmas Eve of Destruction?! It's unconscionable! So my client is taking matters into his own hands.

Heyman tossed his mic out of the ring as Priest brought his mic up to his mouth.

Damian Priest: Seth Rollins!

The crowd booed at the mention of the Messiah.

Damian Priest: You're an narcissistic, egotistical chump whose mouth writes checks your wrestling can't cash. But I had fun beating you on Warfare, so here's what I'm gonna do. I'm guessing you want another bite at the apple, eh Seth? Want a chance to get even? Well, I'm gonna give it to you. And not only that, I'm offering a EBWF World Championship match.

The crowd cheered at the announcement.

Mauro Ranallo: Seth Rollins vs Damian Priest for the World title?! Sign me up!

Damian Priest: But you know...

Priest smirked malevolently.

Damian Priest: I took a look at some of the matches already announced for Christmas Eve of Destruction, and I gotta say I was disappointed. Street fights, no DQ matches, No holds barred. What is this? Sesame Street? Nah man, I want to go old school. I want to embrace the hardcore roots of Christmas Eve of Destruction. So Seth my man, you and I are going to battle for the EBWF World Championship. And we're gonna do it in a Scaffold Match.

Nigel McGuinness: WHAT?!

Mauro Ranallo: MAMA MIA! Damian Priest has challenged Seth Rollins to a Scaffold Match! One of the most dangerous matches is making it's return to CEOD!

Nigel McGuinness: Does he know what he's signing up for?!

Damian Priest: Seth, you got your opportunity at immortality, brother. See you there. Hope you ain't afraid of heights.

Damian smirked as he dropped the mic, "To the Wolves" by Stitched Up Heart blasting out of the PA system as the crowd cheered Damian Priest. EBWF Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it’s time for the latest Breakout Championship open challenge!

“All About Tha (Boom!)” hit and the crowd cheered as Adam Cole made his way to the ring. When Cole was in the ring, he posed for the crowd, then turned to face the ramp, awaiting the arrival of his opponent. “Aussie Aussie Aussie” hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Kyle Fletcher stepped out onto the stage.

Nigel McGuinness: Well this is interesting, Mauro! Aussie Open were part of United Empire in Japan, and tonight one half of Aussie Open is answering Adam Cole’s open challenge!

When Fletcher was in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Fletcher charged towards Cole, hitting him with a series of punches and knocking him back against the ropes. Fletcher followed up with chops to the chest, then went to whip Cole into the corner… but Cole reversed the Irish whip, sending Fletcher into the turnbuckles. Cole then hit Fletcher with some chops of his own, before dragging him out of the corner and lifting him up, hitting a brainbuster onto the knee. Cole hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Fletcher kicked out! Cole pulled Fletcher to his feet and set him up for a neckbreaker, but Fletcher blocked it and lifted Cole up, hitting a body slam. Fletcher then stomped on Cole several times, before pulling him to his feet and whipping him into the corner. Fletcher ran at Cole, going for a corner clothesline, but Cole got his knees up and blocked it. As Fletcher staggered backwards, Cole climbed to the top rope… then hit Fletcher with the Panama Sunrise! Cole hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1… 2… Fletcher kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Cole has the upper hand here, but Kyle Fletcher isn’t going down easily!

Both men got to their feet and Cole went for a superkick, but Fletcher ducked out of the way, then grabbed Cole from behind, hitting a half and half suplex! Cole looked dazed as he got to his feet, and Fletcher whipped him into the corner, then hit him with a running kick, followed by a brainbuster! Fletcher covered Cole and the referee counted - 1… 2… Cole kicked out! Fletcher pulled Cole to his feet and lifted him over his shoulder, then hit a lawn dart, sending Cole head-first into the middle turnbuckle! Fletcher then hit a Michinoku Driver and hooked both legs. The referee counted - 1… 2… again Cole kicked out! Fletcher held his head in his hands, clearly disappointed at only getting a two count.

Nigel McGuinness: Kyle Fletcher thought he had Adam Cole beat there!

Fletcher pulled Cole to his feet and set him up for a hammerlock tombstone piledriver… but Cole wriggled free, then hit Fletcher with a superkick! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Fletcher kicked out! As Cole got to his feet, he pulled down his kneepad, signaling for The Boom! Cole ran against the ropes and went for it… but Fletcher moved out of the way, then put Cole in a dragon sleeper! Cole was able to get to the ropes, and the referee ordered Fletcher to break the hold. Both men got to their feet, and Fletcher went for a superkick… but Cole ducked underneath it and grabbed Fletcher from behind, hitting the Florida Keys! He went for the pin attempt and the referee counted - 1… 2… Fletcher kicked out just before the 3!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! What is it going to take to end this match?!

As Cole got to his feet, he grabbed Fletcher by the legs, going for a figure four leglock… but Fletcher blocked it, rolling Cole up in a small package! The referee counted - 1… 2… Cole kicked out! Both men got to their feet and Fletcher went for a roundhouse kick, but Cole dodged it, then hit a backstabber, followed by a superkick! As Fletcher sat up, Cole went for The Boom once more… and this time, he hit it! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! Kyle Fletcher might not have been able to end Adam Cole’s reign as Breakout Champion, but he did take him to the limit, and you have to think that Will Ospreay, Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb will be pleased by that, regardless of whether or not they still consider Kyle Fletcher to be their ally!

Cole rolled out of the ring and made his way to the back, leaving Fletcher laid out in the middle of the ring.

SEGMENT

After the match, Warfare cut to the backstage area, where Renee Young was standing by with Christian Cage. Christian was dressed in a suit jacket and a turtleneck sweater.

Renee Young: Christian, two weeks ago you and your team had the opportunity to win a Gateway Championship opportunity, but as we all know that didn't work out for you as United Empire won the match. My question is, now that the year is almost over, where do you go from here?

Christian looked at Renee in annoyance.

Christian Cage: Let me make something perfectly clear, what happened two weeks ago was nothing but a damn fluke. You know Renee you think you're clever, you think you're being funny bringing that match up to me the way you just did.

Renee looked confused.

Renee Young: But I di-

Christian shushed her.

Christian Cage: I’m talking right now. You see Renee you are nothing more than another dumb blonde trying to disrespect me and if you do it again I make sure someway, somehow, that the next time people see you it will be in the unemployment line.

Christian adjusted his jacket.

Christian Cage: As far as your question goes, well since I’m in a giving mood I’m gonna give someone a chance to have a huge pay-per-view pay day because I am issuing an open challenge for a match at Christmas Eve Of Destruction and since every match has a stipulation, I decided that this match will be a Street Fight. So if any of the losers on the roster want the chance all you gotta do is answer.

Christian smirked and turned to leave but was met with a Superkick to the jaw. The crowd in the arena cheered as Johnny Gargano walked into view and squatted down next to the knocked out Christian.

Johnny Gargano: Consider your challenge answered, Christian… but let’s up the stakes a little. It’s not going to be a street fight, let’s make it a TLC4 match instead! See you on Christmas Eve.

Gargano smacked Christian on the shoulder and walked away.

SEGMENT

The scene opened with the trio of Becky Lynch, Liv Morgan, and Alexa Bliss better known as the Rebellious Angels walking through a graveyard in the dead of night. The Rebellious Angels members were walking through the graveyard. Each of them had a shovel and a flashlight with them.

Alexa Bliss: Becky, why are we here?

Liv Morgan: Yeah, we gotta get a fawth for a fight with Oedo Tai.

Becky stopped and turned to look at her best friends.

Becky Lynch: That’s what we’re doin’.

Alexa Bliss: What do you mean?

Becky Lynch: Do you remember the last time I was around a grave? That should answer your question.

Becky, Alexa, and Liv continued their trek through the graveyard. They walked past dozens of graves. Oddly enough for this graveyard, the graves were in chronological order by date of death.

Alexa Bliss: I noticed that the graves are categorized from oldest to newest in terms of date of death. Doesn’t that seem weird?

Liv Morgan: Yeah, I noticed that, too.

Becky Lynch: Weird or not, it should make it easier in leadin’ us to the plot that we need to find.

The Rebellious Angels continued walking through the graveyard with their shovels until they found the grave they were looking for.

Alexa Bliss: This grave looks out of the ordinary. The date of death is listed as March 27, 2022.

Liv Morgan: Yeah, and the grave is nameless.

Becky Lynch: This is the one.

The Rebellious Angels started digging in the dirt. After about thirty minutes, each of their shovels hit something.

Alexa Bliss: I hit something.

Liv Morgan: Me too.

Becky Lynch: Me three. I think this is it.

Becky, Alexa, and Liv stopped digging. Alexa and Liv flashed their lights on the coffin while Becky wiped the dirt from it. Becky raised the lid of the coffin and the flashlights shone on the body inside.

Becky Lynch: There she is.

Liv Morgan: Is that who I think it is?

Alexa Bliss: It is.

Becky Lynch: She’s still perfectly preserved despite being buried for almost two years.

The flashlights shone on the face of the person in the coffin, and it was none other than Winter.

Liv Morgan: So, how do we wake her? Alahm clock? Coffee make-ah? Incantation?

Becky shook her head.

Becky Lynch: No. There’s only one way to wake her.

Liv Morgan: How?

Alexa Bliss: It’s like Sleeping Beauty and Snow White.

Becky Lynch: Exactly.

Liv Morgan: You mean…?

Becky nodded her head.

Becky Lynch: Yes.

With that, Becky leaned down into the coffin and planted a kiss onto Winter’s lips. Liv looked on in a bit of disgust.

Liv Morgan: Ew. Kissin’ a cawpse? Yah couldn’t pay me enough to do that.

A few moments later, Becky slowly pulled away from Winter, and turned her head to look at Alexa and Liv.

Becky Lynch: It wasn’t that bad. Her breath strangely tasted minty fresh.

Liv Morgan: How’s that? Does she leave the grave and brush her teeth?

Becky Lynch: She has magical powers. She can do whatever she wants.

Alexa Bliss: She is the devil.

Liv Morgan: So, why’s we all the way out here with her like this? She couldn’t have picked a less creepy place?

Becky Lynch: Before the buried alive match, she told me that if I ever wanted to bring her back that it would have to be in a graveyard.

Liv Morgan: But why?

Just at that moment, Winter sat up in the coffin.

Winter: I told her to do that because I wanted it to be poetic.

Liv jumped in fright while Becky and Alexa looked at Winter unflinchingly.

Winter: I wanted it to be a full circle moment. I wanted my dear Rebecca to come back to the same type of environment in which we did battle. Seeing as I have been awakened from my grave, it appears as though that you three need me. You need help with Oedo Tai, yes?

Liv and Alexa nodded in the affirmative.

Becky Lynch: That we do. They’ve been runnin’ roughshod all over the company, and not even three is enough to overtake ’em even if the trio consists of Alexa, Liv, and me. So, we need a fourth and yer the only other person I can count on.

Winter: It has been a long time since I physically beat someone senseless. It makes me hunger for it, and I won’t stop until I have blood on my hands. So, with that having been said, I will join you three in your battle with Oedo Tai.

Becky helped Winter out of the coffin as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: We are back live on Warfare and for those of you just joining us, you have made it in time for our Main Event of the evening! First though, let’s do a quick run through of the matches announced so far for the final EBWF show of 2023, Christmas Eve of Destruction!

A series of match graphics were shown as Mauro Ranallo ran through the matches.

Mauro Ranallo: MJF will take on “Hulk Snowgan”, aka Al Snow. I’ve just been told that MJF has chosen the stipulation for his match, and unsurprisingly, he’s opted for a Hanukkah Havoc match.

Nigel McGuinness: Let’s hope that goes better for MJF than it did last year!

Mauro Ranallo: We also found out earlier tonight that Johnny Gargano will face Christian Cage in a TLC4 match, and Damian Priest will defend his World Title against Seth Rollins in a Scaffold match!

Nigel McGuinness: I think that might be an EBWF first, Mauro!

Mauro Ranallo: You may be right, Nigel! Speaking of title defenses, Arisa Hoshiki will defend the Women’s Championship for the first time against NEO Biishiki-Gun’s Sakisama in a No Holds Barred Match, and Adam Cole will defend his Gateway Championship against the winner of this next match…

Nigel McGuinness: That’s right, Mauro! Tonight, we will have one of the biggest, yet confusing, Main Events of some time! The United Empire is taking this full circle as we once again see a Triple Threat for the number one contendership for the Gateway Championship! The contenders? The United Empire themselves!

The camera cut to ringside as we then saw our announcers and heard the rabid crowd.

Mauro Ranallo: And the strangest part about this, is that it was the United Empire’s idea!

The camera cut to a wide angle shot and the lights dimmed in the arena. Without a missed beat, “All About Tha (Boom)!” erupted through the speakers one more time and spotlights illuminated the entrance ramp! The fans exploded with cheers as Adam Cole made his way on top of the ramp. Dressed in an Adam Cole Bay Bay shirt, bootcut blue jeans, and black boots.

Nigel McGuinness: Well fans just joining us, it was scheduled earlier tonight in an EBWF online exclusive that Adam Cole would be allowed to sit at ringside and join commentary for tonight’s match. The single stipulation is that he cannot interfere at all!

Cole made his way down the ramp as there were several cuts to fans who sang along with Adam Cole’s theme and signs in support of the former Panama City Playboy.

Christy Hemme: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome first, tonight’s guest commentator for the Main Event! Adam Cole!

The crowd chanted “Bay Bay” in unison following Hemme as Cole jumped on the ring apron. In position for his classic pose with the music, a “Boom” was yelled across the arena. This was followed by an “Adam Cole Bay Bay!” from the apron.

Mauro Ranallo: Well one thing is for certain, these people in Connecticut love Adam Cole!

Once he arrived at the announce table, the camera stopped following Adam Cole and switched back to a close up on the ring announcer Christy Hemme standing in the spotlight of the darkened arena.

Adam Cole: Can you hear me?

Mauro Ranallo: We can hear you just fine, Adam! Thanks for joining us here for tonight’s Main Event!

Adam Cole: It is my pleasure, and let’s be honest, tonight’s match will be a can’t miss moment. My personal feelings aside, any of these three guys are proving themselves worthy of the number one contendership.

Nigel McGuinness: And to give credit where it is due, your matches this past month defending every single week have also been can’t miss television!

Christy Hemme: Ladies and gentlemen, the following is our main event of the evening! This contest is a triple threat match scheduled for one fall and is for the number one contendership for the Gateway Championship!

Christy lowered her microphone and a gentle Spanish guitar rift echoed through the arena. On the video tron, the members of the United Empire are highlighted before the initial invasion and history of the United Empire is briefly detailed. Then the lights flashed green across the arena as the “Empirical Anthem” blasted through the speakers.

Nigel McGuinness: A new theme already for these folks, and that perhaps details how massive these three have been in only a short month.

Adam Cole: There is no doubting what these guys have done in their match last week or their history before across the world. People mistake my open challenges as sometimes shocking, but the truth is, I study the world looking for talent. Every guy in the Independents may be just needing one opportunity to really be great and I want to sharpen iron against them. I’ve seen all of these guys before and I am ready to fight any of them.

A United Empire flag raised high above in hand, as the Great-O-Khan dressed in a green overcoat and masked with a question mark and traditional mandarin hat. The crowd was mixed as he stood in attention at the top of the ramp. Not far behind was Will Ospreay who got a huge boost from the crowd’s ovation. Ospreay dressed also in green with a multi-layered jacket edged in fur around the collar. Finally, the back was positioned by Jeff Cobb who got on the right side of Ospreay. Cobb wore a green and black SPLX singlet. All three men posed with the United Empire crown as many in the front row were caught joining in.

Mauro Ranallo: I will admit, all three men coming out at once is not what I expected! I guess they are on the same page regardless of this upcoming fight.

The three men made their way down the ramp and each individually crossed in front of the announce desk locking eyes with Adam Cole. O-Khan waved the flag in front of him before laughing at him. Ospreay simply stopped and stared at the championship gold while the two men shared words. Cobb just smirked at Cole as he walked behind Ospreay. All three men entered the ring together and posed one more time on the turnbuckle as Christy Hemme individually introduced them.

Christy Hemme: Introducing first weighing in at one-hundred-and-twenty kilograms, “The Dominator”, Great-O-Khan! His opponent, weighing in at one-hundred-and-five kilograms, from Essex, United Kingdom, “The Commonwealth Kingpin” Will Ospreay! Introducing the final competitor, weighing in tonight at two-hundred-and-sixty pounds from Honolulu, Hawaii - Jeff Cobb!

Mauro Ranallo: It has been an unbelievable start for these three men so far in the EBWF! This only their second match, and they are all primed for this opportunity to become the number one contender for the Gateway Championship!

Christy Hemme stepped out of the ring and Ospreay and O-Khan removed their accessories from their entrance. The three men then cornered around the referee for their instructions.

Adam Cole: It isn’t a surprise with how these guys work. Their invasion isn’t a joke and they each want to hold the Gateway Championship.

Nigel McGuinness: Their goals truly haven't appeared to be able to be mocked, Adam. They have put EBWF on notice thus far with achieving what they say they will do.

Mauro Ranallo: One must wonder though, Adam Cole, does that put fear into you heading into the match-up with one of these guys at Christmas Eve of Destruction?

Adam Cole: Are you kidding me? I’m Adam Cole, Bay Bay! No, I’m not afraid. Actually I’ll give you guys a scoop. In that very contract they’re fighting over, the match at Christmas Eve of Destruction is already set. It will be a match that keeps the United Empire out and me and whoever that number one contender is - in. We will be having ourselves a cage match. No escapes. No interference. Only me and whoever wins one-on-one!

Mauro Ranallo: That is a hell of a scoop!

The three men broke from the referee’s instructions and separated to their separate corners after one last crowns up towards each other. The camera closed in on all three men’s preparation before the referee called for the bell! The three men closed in cautiously, each reached out for a traditional Roman finger lock before Ospreay broke the expectation. Forearm immediately to Cobb and then a quick clothesline attempt towards O-Khan! The attack missed! O-Khan hits a right forearm before launching Ospreay off the ropes!

Nigel McGuinness: This is going to be a contest of pace control! Already we can see Ospreay wanting to speed this match up but I think from what we saw last week, Cobb and O-Khan both like to use their amateur wrestling background to slow down the pace more to a grounded contest.

Adam Cole: That is exactly right, footage from these guys show Ospreay loves moving hold to hold but he ups tempos to make his opponents uncomfortable. His athleticism is a different level to his credit. Tonight, and the reason I wanted to be out here, is to see how these guys mesh styles when facing against one another.

Ospreay immediately hit into a handstand, bounced his feet off the ropes and used his momentum to flip back towards O-Khan with a spinning kick. However, he was caught by Cobb in a belly-to-back grip! Ospreay tried to fight back against Cobb’s grip as Cobb turned them back towards the ropes. Cobb then tossed Ospreay over the top rope with a nasty quick release german suplex, which had Ospreay landing on his stomach on the floor! “Holy shit” chants broke out as Cobb only snapped his neck as he focused on O-Khan.

Mauro Ranallo: Well that is one way to remove someone from the situation! He tossed Will Ospreay out of that ring like yesterday’s garbage!

Adam Cole: I guess that answers how Jeff Cobb planned to deal with Ospreay’s athleticism!

“Cobb” chants began to erupt around the arena as Jeff and O-Khan circled the ring sizing one another up. Both men, in a flash, locked up in a stiff collar-and-elbow tie-up. O-Khan tried to take Cobb’s back, but regretted it as Cobb locked O-Khan’s right arm in a standing bar. Flipping the wrist here, Cobb had control briefly before O-Khan kicked Cobb’s shoulder forcing the release. In that moment, O-Khan then grabbed the hurting arm of Cobb, flipping the wrist lock back on the former olympian. As Cobb poised himself to take back advantage, O-Khan hit an unusual one handed mongolian chop on the shoulder blade of Cobb and left a bloodied welt on Cobb’s skin.

Nigel McGuinness: This already is showing a brutal and technical match-up here, guys! Cobb is showing to be a technically better wrestler, but O-Khan has great ring awareness. And as we just saw, a master of martial arts who is hard to prepare for.

Adam Cole: No doubt! Every time Cobb gets an advantage, O-Khan uses his wits to maintain control back.

As O-Khan began to prepare one more mongolian chop, Cobb rolled out of the wrist lock and did an extremely impressive flip to gain back control himself. Without missing the moment, Cobb then buried his shoulder into O-Khan’s shoulder using his strength advantage.Then Cobb held O-Khan into a full extended standing armbar which had O-Khan push towards the rope for a clean break. It was here O-Khan gently slapped the chest of Cobb as he broke the hold.

Mauro Ranallo: Clean break here and you have to expect all of these guys know each other so well that there isn’t exactly one thing they can do to catch their opponents off guard.

Cobb and O-Khan centered the ring one more time before O-Khan this time quickly locked in a headlock! Only allowed a few moments for pressure, Cobb pushed O-Khan off the ropes and the two men met with a shoulder block knocking O-Khan down to the crowd’s delight!

Adam Cole: I think everyone here in Hartford picked their guy for tonight’s match!

Mauro Ranallo: Either that, or they picked the single guy they aren’t as behind with Great-O-Khan.

O-Khan looked up in shock as Cobb invited him to try a shoulder block one more time. O-Khan amped himself up before trying one more time; while he did not knock Cobb down but he also did not fall. The camera zoomed in on both men’s shoulders revealing the welts on Cobb’s shoulder began to bleed and O-Khan was showing physical tear from the shoulder block. O-Khan smiled at Cobb before inviting Cobb to try the same thing. As Cobb bounced off the ropes, O-Khan tried to surprise him with a leaping knee, only to have been caught by Cobb! Tour of the Islands began to be set up before O-Khan evasively elbowed and maneuvered his way back to his feet.

Nigel McGuinness: That was close! Cobb was only seconds away from ending this match and we still haven’t seen Will Ospreay get back to his feet from that nasty release German to the floor!

As if on cue, O-Khan tried to bounce off the ropes when Ospreay tripped him and this allowed Cobb to grab him in a traditional suplex! Cobb held the delay and, in a blink of an eye, Ospreay was springboard off the ropes into a cross body, knocking both O-Khan and Cobb down! Not letting up, Ospreay began kicking and dropping knees on the legs of Jeff Cobb!

Adam Cole: Very smart move here by Ospreay. I will give it to him, you take the legs away from Jeff Cobb and you eliminate a lot of that strength advantage that guy has. He is a more center of gravity type lifter and his deadlift suplexes and things he may lose balance allowing a guy like Ospreay to take full advantage. This is a really smart tactic.

Ospreay did not relent as he picked up the body of O-Khan and threw him through the ropes. O-Khan landed on the ring apron and, as he rose towards one knee, Ospreay hit him in the back of the neck with a running Yakuza Kick! The crowd let out huge anticipation as O-Khan dropped like dead weight to the floor.

Mauro Ranallo: I can’t speak for you two, but I totally expected tonight for these guys to go light on one another and I am seeing the exact opposite! I think they may be hitting each other harder than they did two weeks ago in the six-man!

Nigel McGuinness: I don’t know about harder but they are certainly not letting up against one another. All three of these men feel they deserve this opportunity and are willing to go through hell to get it!

The camera cut to show the championship now sat on the announce table in front of Cole also catching in frame the seriousness of the silent Adam Cole. The camera cut back just when Ospreay began sizing up a slow rising Jeff Cobb when O-Khan slowly inched his way towards the ring apron. Ospreay shows visible calculation, before he sees O-Khan poke his head through the second rope. Not missing this opportunity, Ospreay sprinted towards the ropes, springboarded off the middle rope and turned his body into a shooting star press onto the already bruised neck of O-Khan! “Holy shit! Holy shit!” The crowd went crazy as O-Khan again fell to the floor in a heap and Ospreay rose to his feet posing for the camera. Just as Cobb hobbled towards Ospreay, there was a flash before Ospreay hit a running yakuza kick into Cobb’s thigh, having the big man flipped entirely inside out towards the mat. Ospreay posed again and clicked a camera, “Picture perfect, bruv.”

Adam Cole: Hell of a move by Ospreay there. The shooting star of a springboard like that was something I don’t think I’ve seen someone else do before. Both of those yakuza kicks he’s done clearly were studied from former WCW Legend and New Japan legend, Masahiro Chono in Japan. These guys moment by moment are showing worthiness as number one contenders!

Ospreay then slowed the match down as he continued kicking Cobb’s legs before using his body to hit a standing moonsault on Cobb’s legs. The crowd were in awe as Ospreay used his momentum in one motion to land on his feet post impact and ran into a full punt in the back of Cobb’s calves. Ospreay cockily motioned to the crowd as he indicated it was out of here. Laughing at his gesture, Ospreay then turned to a slowly rising Cobb trying to still get feeling back to his legs. This time, Ospreay approached slowly, when it was in an instant that Cobb grabbed him around the waist. Locked in a takedown position, Ospreay was about to go for another quick release german suplex! Up and over in the ring, when Ospreay landed on his feet! The crowd were on their feet in amazement as it seemed time stood still! Quickly Ospreay hit a basement dropkick again taking out the legs of Cobb!

Mauro Ranallo: What the hell is this guy?! In a moment Ospreay just landed perfectly on his feet defying gravity itself and again regained control!

Ospreay went to grab the legs of Jeff Cobb, when Cobb, this time, used his legs like a spring and pushed Ospreay back across the ring. Cornering himself for balance, Cobb then rose to his feet with the ropes providing support. As Ospreay regained composure, he ran towards Cobb only to be tossed up above, landing again on his feet on the ring apron. Cobb leaned his body up on the top rope gingerly raising his legs each on the rope and grabbing Ospreay. Out of pure strength, Cobb deadlifted Ospreay to the top rope in a suplex position! The crowd were amazed when both men were pushed to the floor by the Great-O-Khan! The Dominator posed for the crowd and then challenged the first man to his feet to come back into the ring. In that mean time, O-Khan sat in the middle of the ring with his legs crossed.

Nigel McGuinness: This is a gutsy move by O-Khan. Instead of going out of the ring while Ospreay and Cobb are both down, O-Khan is choosing to wait for the guys to come back into the ring. Personally, I’d go and get them.

As O-Khan waited, slowly Ospreay was the first man to make it to the apron. When it was clear he was a little stable, O-Khan rose back to his feet and grabbed Ospreay with the claw to his face. Without hesitation, O-Khan lifted Ospreay and slammed him on top of the rising Cobb! The crowd actually cheered for O-Khan as he posed in the ring.

Adam Cole: This match just swung momentum towards the strange. This guy has such a strange cadence, I don’t think he is someone you can just see footage of to really get. He’s always just a little off.

As O-Khan posed, Cobb tried to slide into the ring, when he was stopped by Ospreay! The camera catches Ospreay’s back now a bit battered from the landing. Without pause, Ospreay slammed Cobb’s leg into the ring apron forcing the big man down again. Ospreay then took a breath as he leaped onto the apron, dove through the ropes, looking for a momentum cutter! The crowd gasped, as he was caught by O-Khan and slammed immediately into a standing uranagi! O-Khan took his time going for a harsh cover driving his elbow into Ospreay’s face but only managed to get a quick one.

Mauro Ranallo: A ferocious cover there but fundamentally sound. I think that kick out was just fueled by will power. Desire to be the number one contender!

O-Khan then slowly measured Ospreay as he hit a full mongolian chop! O-Khan then turned Ospreay, hit the move once more into Ospreay’s back. Right when Ospreay tensed and screamed out, O-Khan then lifted and slammed Ospreay onto the mat. On top of Ospreay now, O-Khan used his elbow to directly hit Ospreay’s ribs and back before lifting him again to their feet! O-Khan used his leverage to now lift Ospreay into side suplex and again goes for the cover! One-Two! Kick out! The crowd applauded as O-Khan began to look a little more irritated by Ospreay’s resilience.

Nigel McGuinness: O-Khan will have to stay on him and keep him grounded. Ospreay has shown great ability when allowed to stand but we haven’t yet seen his ground game. O-Khan’s background tells us there should be an advantage there for him.

O-Khan seemed to listen as he transitioned his ground advantage to a modified abdominal stretch from the ground. Focusing the pain towards Ospreay’s ribs and back by using his knee to grind into Ospreay’s back and his hands to wrap around Ospreay’s chin! Ospreay was asked several times to quit, but instead kept trying to use legs to kick O-Khan which tightened O-Khan’s grip. When suddenly O-Khan let go! The Dominator rose to his feet quickly and ran towards the ropes where we saw a struggling Cobb on his feet. O-Khan tried to knock Cobb down but was caught by Cobb!

Adam Cole: Impressive strength by Jeff Cobb! Question is now, can Cobb’s legs hold up?

Cobb held O-Khan as his legs shook, before he dropped the Dominator directly on Will Ospreay! Dropped to his knees, Cobb is moved by the audience as he turns to his opponents and hits a standing moonsault on both men! Cobb grabbed his right leg before going for the pin on Will Ospreay! One-Two-Kickout at 2.9!

Mauro Ranallo: Oh my God! Jeff Cobb just hit a picture perfect moonsault with two bad wheels! That is two-hundred-and-sixty pounds that he just drove through the air with the grace of a swan! There is the pinfall! He has this! No! What a match!

Ospreay rolled towards the ropes catching his breath when Cobb rose to his feet. Cobb looked to be calling for a Tour of the Islands when O-Khan grabbed Cobb with the iron claw! Using the damaged legs of Cobb, O-Khan used his leverage to hit the Eliminator on Cobb! However, out of nowhere, Ospreay flung himself off the ropes for the OsCutter with O-Khan landing on Jeff Cobb’s body! Ospreay immediately went for the cover on O-Khan, as he pushed him off Cobb. One-Two-kick out! The crowd were again on their feet as “This is awesome” began to erupt. Scrambled, Ospreay then covered Cobb! One-Two-Kick Out! This match continued with Ospreay grabbing his face in shock.

Adam Cole: Now this is where real championship material is made. Can Ospreay, or any of these guys, dig down deep to finish this one out?

Ospreay signaled for the hidden blade and waited for either of the men to rise to their feet. Cobb seemed to be the first, but O-Khan also began catching up. Without seeming to have noticed Ospreay, O-Khan hit a series of open hand chop on Cobb’s closest leg forcing him to the mat again. Just as he rose to his knees Ospreay lunged towards O-Khan when O-Khan grabbed the referee and threw him towards Ospreay! This momentum forced Ospreay to stop, but distracted the referee for O-Khan to hit a mysterious mist in Ospreay’s face! O-Khan then rolled up Ospreay just as the referee turned back around! One-Two-Kick Out at 2.9! O-Khan tried one more time to bridge for a pin, when he was picked up by Cobb from the mat! Tour of the Islands from a deadlift!

Adam Cole: This one looks over!

Mauro Ranallo: My God! Tour of the Islands and Ospreay looks to still be down! I think you’re right, Adam!

Cobb fell to one knee as his leg gave out from the impact of the move, when out of camera a sprinting Ospreay lunged towards him! Ospreay’s eyes were closed as he landed a Hidden blade to Cobb! Ospreay fell towards and luckily landed on O-Khan with Ospreay’s hands still over his eyes screaming in pain. One-two-three! The match was over! “Bring it Down” began to play over the speakers.

There was a standing applause for the men as Ospreay rolled towards his side yelling for water. The stage hands brought out a few bottles as Ospreay used them to clear out his eyes from the mist. Verbally Ospreay can be heard giving much praise to his teammates before he rose to his feet. The referee raised Ospreay’s hand in victory before the Commonwealth Kingpin made his way to his fallen Empire members. Ospreay offered his hand to first O-Khan who was still on his back with hands over his face. Both men visibly bruised, Ospreay’s chest bleeding from the chops, O-Khan first denied the handshake, and took the loss seriously. Ospreay laughed as he began gesturing about the mist and kneeled down next to O-Khan. Ospreay could be heard saying “I didn’t know you could do that”. Ospreay then began telling O-Khan to relax about the loss, offering his hand again after applauding with the audience towards O-Khan. This after a pause led to O-Khan accepting the gesture allowing Ospreay to help him to his feet and both men hugging. Using each other’s weight, they then went to Cobb who was sitting using the ropes to balance his body. Ospreay gestured towards Cobb about his legs asking if Cobb could stand, which Cobb then pulled himself up with pain wincing through his face by the ropes. Immediately all three men put the Crowns up as they hugged again following with both Cobb and O-Khan raising Ospreay’s hands up in victory.

Mauro Ranallo: Well like them or hate them you have to admit this was one hell of a match. These three men put one another through hell and were determined to all be the number one contenders for the Gateway Championship! Now, this next Sunday they have their shot! Now Adam-

The camera cut to Adam Cole who was actually applauding the match. Cole then took off his headset and grabbed the championship. As the three men set up the flag in the middle of the ring, about to set up a pose, Cole made his way up the steps with championship in hand.

Nigel McGuinness: Oh, this is getting even more interesting! We may get a sneak preview of that cage match tonight!

Mauro Ranallo: Well, folks for those waiting to watch the series premiere of Secrets of Playboy do not worry! We have assurance from A&E that it will still appear in its entirety following our broadcast.

Adam Cole didn’t take his eyes off the three men, slowly entering the ring. The music continued to play as Cole lifted the championship in the air with Ospreay and Cole mouthing off towards one another. The last scene of Warfare caught from a close up with the championship above Cole and the United Empire flag above Ospreay and both men staring one another down still talking trash. Neither men were going for an attack but both were standing their ground.

Mauro Ranallo: That is our time for this week! December 24th, the last Pay-Per-View of the year, call your local provider or join us on Hulu Premium and watch Christmas Eve of Destruction! We will see you then!