New Beginnings

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

New Beginnings

Post by Billy »

----------On Camera----------
----------Baltimore, Maryland----------
----------Uploaded to EBFW’s social media accounts----------

The camera opens on Renee Young standing in front of a black backdrop lined with EBWF logos. She holds a microphone with both hands wrapped around it at her chest.

--Renee Young--
I’m coming to you from the CFG Bank Arena as we wind down Warfare! We’ve just witnessed a tense interaction between Aiden English and Adam Cole. And, I’m going to try and catch a word with the returning English when he makes it backstage.

Aiden enters from the left of the screen, he exchanges glances with Renee and the camera. A genuine smile breaks across his face.

-=Aiden English=-
Hey Renee! It’s been a long time but I would recognize this setup anywhere! That backdrop is a sight for sore eyes. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that you want to talk to me about what just went down in the ring with Cole.

--Renee Young--
It’s almost like you’ve done this before.

-=Aiden English=-
Maybe a time or two huh?

--Renee Young--
Yep. And, it has been a long time since you’ve been at an arena for Warfare. I think the question the EBWF Universe is going to be asking is, why now? You’ve been a surprise entrant into the Last Survivor match multiple times, but now you’re announcing a new full time contract. What made you decide to come back now?

-=Aiden English=-
Honestly, it’s simple. I missed the sights and sounds. I missed the fans. I missed the in ring competition. I’ve been sitting at home watching what’s become of the EBWF. I’ve watched people like Adam Cole and Damien Priest make a name for themselves in my absence. Now seemed like the perfect time to make my return to in ring action and prove that shine hasn’t worn off my star and I can still go in the ring like I could when I was walking around with the EBWF Championship slung over my shoulder. When Wes made that yearly call looking for the nostalgia pop at Last Survivor, he got one out of me. The nostalgia of being here in front of the EBWF Universe and competing against the best this business has to offer hit me like a ton of bricks. And so when we started talking contracts with the front office the negotiation shifted away from a one night appearance to an ongoing contract.

Renee takes a moment to process the response and form the next question.

--Renee Young--
I’m sure there is a section of the crowd looking forward to the return of Aiden English. But, I couldn’t help but notice the mixed reaction you got, not just tonight but at Last Survivor. Should the fans expect the Aiden of old, or is this a new version of the Drama King in EBWF?

-=Aiden English=-
That’s a loaded question if I’ve ever heard one. I think that I’m honestly lost on how to answer that one. You see, Renee, I have shown a lot of different sides to myself during my time in EBWF. If the fans are expecting to see the dark and brooding Aiden, that’s not who I am right now. Will that part of me ever make a return to the ring? I couldn’t say. I think a month ago I didn’t know that this version of me would find his way back to the screen. I’m also not rolling back the clock to the by hook or by crook days of my tenure. I’m here to bring a smile to the faces of the EBWF Universe. To bring honor to any title I have the pleasure of holding. I’m in EBWF to show that I don’t need cheap tricks in the ring and I don’t need to rely on production value to get my point across on the microphone. I’m not sure this is a side of Aiden English that the cameras have ever captured. I’m a family man now, and I’m going to make sure that my daughter has the role model she deserves in the ring.

Renee is about to continue her line of questioning when Shaul Guerrero steps in from the right side of the screen. She passes in front of Renee as she makes her way to Aiden’s side. She takes his arm in hers and plants a quick kiss on his shoulder. Aiden flashes her a wide smile.

--Renee Young--
Ladies and gentlemen we’re joined by former EBWF Women’s Champion and Aiden’s wife, Raqu…

Shaul holds up a finger and coughs.

=-Shaul Guerrero-=
Actually, I’m not running from my family legacy anymore. And as such, I would appreciate it if you would refer to me by my birth name going forward. There is no more Raquel Diaz in EBWF only Shaul Guerrero.

--Renee Young--
Absolutely! Ladies and gentlemen, Shaul Guerrero! Shaul, earlier when Aiden was talking about contracts he said WE instead of I, can I take that to mean that you’re both returning to EBWF full time?

=-Shaul Guerrero-=
I’m very proud to announce that you can! The EBWF women’s division is the healthiest it’s been in a very long time and I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night if I wasn’t a part of it. But, as excited as I am for my return, it’s going to need to go on the back burner for now! We’ve got much more important and exciting news to focus on. I’ve just left a meeting with management and they were completely floored with the fan reaction to you and Adam Cole’s face to face tonight. So much so that they’ve made a match between the two of you official. And, the fans aren’t going to have to wait long because it’s going to happen next week on Warfare live from Charlottesville, Virginia!

Shaul pulls on Aiden’s shoulder while letting out an excited squeal.

=-Shaul Guerrero-=
And, to make things even more spectacular for your return match, the EBWF Breakout Championship will be ON THE LINE!

Renee touches her ear as a message comes across her ear piece.

--Renee Young--
I’ve just been given confirmation of what Shaul is saying. It is official! Next week on Warfare the main event will be Aiden English versus Adam Cole for the EBWF Breakout Championship. Aiden, this completely changes the direction of our conversation. When you first joined EBWF, years ago, you were one of the fastest rising stars in company history as you went from Breakout Champion to Gateway Champion and on to World Champion in very quick succession. Now you're looking at a title match for your return to an EBWF ring. Does that change how you prepare for not just your return but a very talented Adam Cole next week?

-=Aiden English=-
In a way it does, because it adds to the nerves. Nerves for a return to singles competition. Because, it’s a completely different beast to the chaos of the Last Survivor match.Any ring rust that exists is hidden by the dozens of other bodies flying around the ring. The nerves of winning are masked by the roar of the crowd counting down each new entrant. The fear of losing is masked by the number of other people failing right alongside you. One on one, there’s no mask to hide behind. It’s just going to be me and Adam in the ring next week. Nerves because there’s a prize on the line that I consider BIGGER than the shot offered by being the Last Survivor. You side it yourself, the Breakout Championship is what kick started my career in the EBWF. When I first rolled out to the ring I was a nobody. I had been stuck playing second fiddle to a man who is now a footnote on my career. Before that I was a tag team wrestler on a development show. But the Breakout Title was a rocket strapped around my waist that propelled me into the superstar that stands here tonight. A chance to put that title around my waist again means the world to me. And, the fact that I get to go one on one with someone whose held it into being the Gateway Champion, like I did, makes it that much more special but also ratchets up the nerves that much more!

--Renee Young--
You made your respect for Adam Cole very clear in the ring tonight, but how does that respect hinder your ability to give it your all in a title match against him?

-=Aiden English=-
I don’t think my respect for Adam has any impact on my in ring ability or how much effort I am going to give in that match. If anything I think I've got to give more against Adam out of respect for his in ring ability. There are some people in this industry that I could go into the ring against on auto pilot and still walk away the winner. There are some people I could give half effort to. There are people that I could look past and talk to you right now about my upcoming title reign. I can’t do that with Adam Cole. He requires my full focus. You don’t wind up facing the World Champion for the title because you’re okay. You wind up in that spot because you’re great. Like I said tonight Adam Cole is one of the best in the business. And, I’m going to give him the respect he deserves by treating this match like it’s life or death. I’m going to show the EBWF Universe that I am still one of the best. That I’m the same guy who held the EBWF World Championship three times! I’m the same guy that closed out the Last Survivor from the number one position! I’m the same guy who claimed the crown in one of the most prestigious wrestling tournaments in the world! I’m the same guy that went toe to toe with men like Chris Jericho and Malakai Black! I’m going to show Adam Cole and the EBWF Universe that I’m the man who clutched that Breakout Championship in his grasp like the last warm coal in a dying fire clings to heat.

--Renee Young--
I think I speak for everyone when I tell you how glad we are to see you back in an EBWF ring. While it’s surprising to see this side of you, we can’t wait to see what you do next week when you take on Adam Cole and everything after. Do you have any final words for the fans or Adam?

-=Aiden English=-
I’m looking forward to proving who I am and what I can do all over again. I hope that I walk out of Virginia as the Breakout Champion so that I can cement myself as not one of the best but the best Breakout Champion of all time! Thank you Renee, I look forward to many more of these going forward.

Aiden shakes Renee’s hand and leaves the scene with Shaul still on his arm.

--Renee Young--
Ladies and gentlemen, that was former EBWF World Champion and former EBWF Women’s Champion, Aiden English and Shaul Guerrero, who are both now full time members of the EBWF roster!
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*