Warfare Results 04/08/2024

Ben M

Warfare Results 04/08/2024

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks, it's time for Warfare!

The Cajundome in Lafayette, Louisiana, pulsated with energy in anticipation for the hottest show on Monday nights! The crowd welcomed the arrival of Utami as she headed down to the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: Utami looking confident here tonight.

Celtic Invasion hit as the crowd cheered for Becky. She slid under the bottom rope/ As the bell rang, the crowd erupted into a deafening roar, signaling the start of the battle.

Mauro Ranallo: Becky Lynch, the fiery Irish Lass Kicker, exuding confidence. Utami, the powerhouse from Japan, standing tall. Here we go!

The match began with a flurry of strikes and counters, each competitor showcasing their technical prowess and resilience. Becky unleashed her trademark offense, unleashing a barrage of kicks and submissions, but Utami weathered the storm, displaying her incredible strength and resilience. The momentum shifted back and forth, with neither competitor willing to back down. Becky's relentless aggression clashed with Utami's unyielding determination, creating a spectacle that had the crowd on the edge of their seats.

Mauro Ranallo: Becky Lynch wasting no time, charging straight at Utami with a series of blistering strikes!

Becky unleashed a flurry of kicks and punches, driving Utami back against the ropes. But Utami, with her incredible strength and resilience, weathered the storm, countering with a devastating clothesline that sent Becky crashing to the mat.

Mauro Ranallo: What a counter by Utami! She's showing why she's one of the most dominant forces in the ring today!

Nigel McGuinness: Indeed, Mauro! Utami is not one to be underestimated. She's got the power, the agility, and the heart to go toe-to-toe with anyone in that ring!

The match raged on, with both competitors trading blows in a fierce back-and-forth battle. Becky fought with everything she had, unleashing her signature maneuvers with precision and ferocity. But Utami refused to back down, matching Becky move for move with her own unique blend of power and technique.

Mauro Ranallo: Becky Lynch pulling out all the stops here, but Utami is proving to be an immovable force!

Nigel McGuinness: Absolutely, Mauro! Utami is not just a powerhouse; she's a tactician in that ring. Every move she makes is calculated and devastating!

Utami seized control with a display of raw power that left the crowd in awe. With Becky reeling, Utami hoisted her onto her shoulders and spun Becky around, unleashing her finisher with bone-crushing force.

Mauro Ranallo: Oh my goodness! Utami with the Hijack Bomb! This could be it!

Nigel McGuinness: There's the cover! One, two, three! It's all over! Utami with a dominant victory here tonight!

The crowd erupted into cheers as Utami's hand was raised in triumph.

SEGMENT

Mere moments after the bell rang, the crowd popped loudly as Io Shirai suddenly emerged from the back. The cameras shifted to show the Joshi Ace making her way down the ramp, eyes locked on the ring's occupants. She seemed oblivious to the crowd reaction, her only concerns being Becky Lynch and Utami.

Nigel McGuinness: This is very interesting, partner. Just moments after a high octane battle between these two we have Io surveying the landscape.

Mauro Ranallo: She was the runner up to Becky Lynch at Last Survivor. She's also made no secret of her interest in Utami. What could be on her mind right now?

Io pulled herself up onto the apron and then jumped over the top rope and into the ring. She glanced over to Becky as the Lass Kicker began to recover from the preceding battle; both women smiled ever so slightly to each other. Then Io and Utami’s eyes met. Utami glared up at Io, gaze demanding to know what the older woman was doing there. Io just grinned coyly and turned to motion for a mic - only to crumple to the mat as Tam Nakano hit her with a baseball bat from behind! Becky got to her feet just in time to be accordioned by a spear from Himeka!

Mauro Ranallo: No! Come on, we need security! What business does Oedo Tai have being out here?

As Becky rolled out of the ring, Tam pummeled repeatedly with the bat. Each blow brought a bit more unhinged joy to the former champion’s face, and more boos from the crowd. Once she'd had enough of that Tam barked orders to Himeka. The Jumbo Princess pulled Io off the mat, kneeing her hard in the ribs. Io roared with anger and gave Himeka an uppercut, then staggered out of the larger woman's reach. Unfortunately she walked right into a spinning roundhouse from Tam that left Io dead on her feet. An evil look crossed Tam's face as she grabbed Io by the arms, holding her in place as Himeka hammered her with forearms. Then the boos got louder as Tam forcibly repositioned Io for Utami to attack.

Nigel McGuinness: Is this an invitation for Utami to join Oedo Tai? She fought alongside them in the Last Survivor match a couple months ago.

Utami pulled herself up, eyes locked on Tam and Io. The camera mics picked up Tam encouraging Utami to ‘DO IT!’. For a few moments Utami just stared at them, clearly torn over what course of action was best. Finally, to a new outpouring of boos, she ran the ropes-

Mauro Ranallo: No! Don't tell me Utami’s joining Oedo T-

-and pushed Io out of the way before leveling Tam with a stiff lariat! Tam clutched her neck in pain and Himeka took a step in Utami's direction. Before she could dish out punishment, she crashed to the mat as Becky Lynch hammered her with a chair shot! With the fans cheering raucously, Oedo Tai struggled back to their feet. As soon as they saw Becky, Utami and Io standing across the ring from them, Oedo Tai decided it wasn't worth continuing the assault. Tam and Himeka rolled out of the ring and retreated up the entrance ramp. Yet Tam’s icy glare never left Io Shirai, and the camera picked up her chilling threat.

Tam Nakano: This isn't over Io! I'm going to end you!

After Oedo Tai’s departure the three women in the ring stared at each other. Becky was clearly mistrustful of Utami, who she'd just fought. Utami looked terribly conflicted over Io’s presence. Io was in pain but seemed satisfied with the end result of the preceding skirmish. That was the last thing we saw before Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

When Warfare returned from the commercial break, “Judas” by Fozzy hit and the crowd cheered as they awaited the arrival of Chris Jericho. A few moments passed, then Jericho walked through the curtain and stepped out onto the stage. Jericho’s head was bandaged, and he seemed subdued as he made his way down the ramp.

Mauro Ranallo: Here comes the winner of the 2024 men’s Last Survivor match and the number one contender for the EBWF World Championship, Chris Jericho. The last time we saw Chris Jericho was a few weeks ago, when he was found laid out backstage in his locker room. We understand Jericho is going to give us an update on his condition tonight, and looking at him, it seems he’s still feeling the effects of that attack.

When Jericho was in the ring, he asked for a microphone, signaled for his music to be cut, then began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Good evening, Louisiana. You might be wondering why I’m looking a little beat up. Well, in case you’ve forgotten, let me remind you what happened a few weeks ago.

Jericho pointed to the tron, where footage was shown of him being tended to after he had been attacked in his locker room.

Chris Jericho: The EBWF cameras didn’t catch my attacker, and unfortunately, I didn’t either, because I was attacked from behind. To be honest, I barely even remember the attack. They hit me in the head with something heavy, and whatever that blunt object was that they used, they hit me with it multiple times. They didn’t just bust me open; they left me with one hell of a scar, and they gave me a concussion too.

Jericho removed the bandage on his head, revealing a scar on his forehead.

Chris Jericho: As I’m sure you all know, EBWF takes its concussion protocol very seriously. So these past few weeks, I haven’t just been at home recovering. I’ve been undergoing medical evaluation, taking tests and waiting to find out if I’m cleared to compete at Fallout. Unfortunately…

Jericho paused, and the crowd began to boo, as if they knew what was coming… but the boos from the crowd caused Jericho to smirk.

Chris Jericho: Unfortunately, for Damian Priest that is, I was cleared last week. So this Sunday, at Fallout, I will be competing in the main event, and I intend to take Priest’s title and end his undefeated streak!

The crowd cheered, and Jericho turned to face the camera. He walked towards the camera and spoke directly into it as he addressed Damian Priest.

Chris Jericho: You see, Damian, I may not have seen who attacked me, but I know who it was… or at least who was behind it. Either you attacked me yourself, or your “advocate” Paul Heyman arranged for someone to attack me on your behalf. Paul Heyman has never been my biggest fan… and to be fair, I’m not fond of him either. The two of you didn’t want me to make it to Fallout, and while you may have knocked me down, you didn’t keep me down. But mark my words, Priest… at Fallout, I will keep you down. And when it’s all said and done, I’ll be the one standing tall.

Jericho dropped the microphone and made his way to the back as Judas began to play once more. A graphic flashed up on the screen, confirming that Jericho would indeed challenge Damian Priest for the EBWF World Championship at Fallout.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: We're just one week away from Fallout, but first, we bring you this Warfare main event between two of EBWF's finest competitors, MJF and Aiden English!

Nigel McGuinness: Mauro, this is going to be an absolute barnburner! Both men are known for their in-ring prowess and cunning strategies. I can't wait to see who comes out on top!

Both men made their entrance to ovations from the fans. As the bell rang, MJF wasted no time, immediately taking control with his trademark arrogance and technical prowess. Aiden English, however, proved to be a formidable opponent, matching MJF move for move with his own unique blend of athleticism and showmanship.

Mauro Ranallo: MJF with the early advantage here, but Aiden English is not backing down! He's showing why he's a force to be reckoned with in EBWF!

Nigel McGuinness: Absolutely, Mauro! Aiden may be known for his theatrical flair, but don't let that fool you. He's as tough as they come inside that ring!

The match raged on, with both men trading punishing blows and near-falls, each determined to emerge victorious. MJF targeted Aiden's limbs with surgical precision, looking to weaken his opponent and gain the upper hand.

Mauro Ranallo: MJF relentless in his assault here, targeting Aiden's arm with those vicious strikes!

Nigel McGuinness: He's definitely trying to take away Aiden's aerial arsenal, Mauro. But you can never count out the resilience of Aiden English!

Aiden, however, refused to stay down, digging deep and unleashing a flurry of offense that had the crowd on their feet. With every move, he chipped away at MJF's defenses, inching closer to victory with each passing moment.

Mauro Ranallo: Aiden English mounting a comeback here, showing incredible heart and determination!

Nigel McGuinness: This is what EBWF is all about, Mauro! Two competitors laying it all on the line for the chance to be called the best!

As the match entered its final moments, the tension in the arena reached its peak. With the crowd roaring in anticipation, Aiden English delivered his coup de grâce, the Director's Cut, with pinpoint accuracy.

Mauro Ranallo: Oh my goodness! The Director's Cut by Aiden English! This could be it!

Nigel McGuinness: He's got the cover! One, two, three! It's all over! Aiden English with a monumental victory here tonight!

The arena erupted into cheers as Aiden's hand was raised in triumph.

Mauro Ranallo: What a win for Aiden English!

Nigel McGuinness: This has been an incredible episode of Warfare. We can’t wait to see you Sunday night for Fallout.

English jumped up on the turnbuckle and raised his arms in victory as Warfare went off the air.