Charades

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
NeoBiishikiGun

Charades

Post by NeoBiishikiGun »

I can't help but keep hearing about how winners write history, that they get to tell their own story and dictate what will remain to the generations which follow after everything is said and done. It is not might that makes one automatically right in their dispute but in the end, it is might that leads one to victory. You win if you are better, you win if you are powerful. A simple deal, even a primitive one. Yet, one that isn’t broken too often.

If you have clicked on this little Tribune article knowing exactly who this Goddess up in the cover is, then you very well know what I think about the relationship between power and beauty.

But if you are not a denizen of this dream theater we have grown to call professional wrestling, be it a fan or worker, then you must’ve clicked on this article simply because you were captivated, entranced and spellbound by my beauty even when its brilliance and radiance were limited by the flat screens of your computers or tablets or phones. You didn’t know who I am and what I represent, yet you craved to learn. And now, you are here and reading these words that I scrutinizingly put together like the most sedulous of seamstresses.

For that, I should give you a warm welcome. May you feel a thousand little suns on your skin as I hereby acknowledge you within these lines. And then, I should clue you in.

Je m'appelle Sakisama. I am a primordial mother goddess, I am the tantalizing visage of Mother Nature on this world, I am your Mademoiselle, I am the leader and matriarch of NEO Biishiki-Gun and I am the gardener who keeps the garden of professional wrestling in check by acting as the EBWF Women’s Champion. And I think the ideas of strength and beauty are inseparable.

There is no beauty without strength and there is no strength without beauty.

Throughout my wrestling career, especially during my tenure in EBWF, I have utilized this strength of mine through my words. I heralded the end of Queen’s Court with my words for weeks under carefully crafted anonimity. I warned all of my flowers that a new type of pestilence was about to descend on them in the form of Oedo Tai. I used my words to expose the flaws and weaknesses of all my opponents. I used my words to convince viewers into believing every word that comes out of my mouth as divine gospel and I have used my words to convert some of my old foes into my new disciples.

And through all of that, I have never neglected the impact of just how convincing I have been due to being the most beautiful woman anyone can ever lay their eyes on.

So, dear Player’s Tribune family, consider this my little experiment. I want to see how my words will impact you and the likes of you when they remain just behind a flat screen instead of being heard through your very own ears as your very own eyes watch me speak them in person. I want to see just how powerful my words still can be through this unusual (to me, at least) medium. Throughout this channel, I aim to make sure these words remain as the primary focus of this whole shebang instead of the utterly beautiful face behind them.

Now that we are done setting the scene and raising the level of emphasis I wanted to put on my words, why don’t we just get to them and continue with this experiment?

Tomorrow night, I will be in Dallas to attend to my duties as EBWF Women’s Champion and the gardener by making sure my next challenger remains where I planted her in the first place and doesn’t try to outgrow her station. In other words, I am scheduled to defend my title tomorrow and I am confident that this is going to end the way it has always ended between me and the soul that has stepped up to me this time around.

A soul that has sold herself to you as this confident pioneer that makes history inside the unforgiving wrestling ring, then goes and makes history once more on the equally unforgiving silver screens of Hollywood.

A soul that insists that she can back up everything she says by showing you her accolades. She had been crowned with the meaningless headgear that they give to anyone who wins the Queen of the Rİng tournament. She did that twice, even. A survivor is what this soul claims to be, after all she had gone ahead and won Last Survivor, hasn’t she?

Even beyond that ring, this soul is The Best Actress. The Best Anti-Hero. The Best Villain and a trailblazer who didn’t even flinch whenever she was put inside The Most Violent Scene in a Film.

So, after knowing that this soul we are dealing with has all these accomplishments and an outspoken, self-assured personality, I think you can answer my follow-up question here: Would you expect such a person to be dead silent about the most important match of her career? It had been three months since my next challenger won the right to challenge me in Last Survivor, which I suppose is a commendable enough way to win that right given my last challenger didn’t even do that.

It had been a whopping three months where my heavenly wrath was unleashed upon the dying corpse of Oedo Tai, slapping around their lancers and their last remaining attempts at a relevancy. The challenger that is supposed to give me a main-event quality fight in Dallas tomorrow spent those three months uttering my name a total of … one time.

Other than that, radio silence.

You find that strange, dear reader, don’t you? Surely a superstar like her would make a spectacle out of her pursuit for the most important prize in wrestling that had eluded her so far in her career. Surely, she would make the press know all about her story and get all the fan support behind her. Surely, she would use all her platforms to push this as the biggest thing to ever hit professional wrestling.

But no, no, no. This time, she simply chose not to play her charades. She has said nothing, she has implied nothing.

Why? I also hear you ask that. Why? Don’t worry, we are going to explore that.

Is this not a story that is being told? Is this what she thinks? I’d have to disagree on that front. I’ve always found the stories of chasing a first-time success simple and charming enough. Even my own Arisa talked more to her own chase than my next challenger ever did and trust me, my Arisa is a shy, shy lily.

Partially why I love her so much~

Did she not have the resources to do so? I also don’t see it being the case as we see her pull out her sketch comedies and video packages that possess competence in their production values. (even though they lack anything else, like good writing or acting)

To me, the reason behind this silence is a very simple one: She already knows that she is going to lose.

Getting even a single ounce of attention to the fight she is going to have with me is a single ounce of attention that will be paid on her utter failure and destruction. The bigger this match is, the bigger her failure is.

Of course she is going to sew her mouth shut in that case.

But don’t worry, sweetheart. Since I am such a nice goddess, I will fan the flames for you too. Once this article drops to The Player’s Tribune website, I’m sure our match is going to get the attention that you tried so hard to dispel. I will make your name big once again before I put you down for good.

'So, Sakisama, my virtue and my sunshine that makes my day go on, please tell me', I hear you beg. Then I hear you ask: 'How are you so certain of this?'

First of all, I am rarely wrong. Especially not about this challenger of mine. But don’t worry, I have an even better reason as to why I am certain about her cowardice and desire to not put any spotlights on her failure.

I have already beat her ass before. Not once, not twice. But thrice. Once at my debut, then in the Queen of the Ring tournament’s first round and lastly, right after my first ever defeat in EBWF. I have proved that I can beat her on three different occassions and in three different situations. I haven’t beaten anyone as many times as her ever since I signed with EBWF.

She is my eternal bitch. And she knows that.

It doesn’t end there either. In last Warfare, I watched her lose pretty soundly to my personal maid. This next challenger of mine not only proved three times that she’s not good enough to lace my boots, but she has also shown that she couldn’t even be a maid in my mansion either.

If I had to face a person who had these many levels of superiority to me … well, nobody could be superior to me so let’s rephrase that.

If you had to face a person who had these many levels of superiority to you … you, too, would do everything in your power to avoid doing anything about it like a plague.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is learned helplessness. I have put on a clinic for you using my next challenger as my canvas. It is hard to accept applause and flowers through this website but I’m sure I will be able to do it either way.

In the end, it is quite simple. My next challenger excels at charades. She is so good at pretending to be others that she is stacking awards on top of awards. But even an actress as acclaimed as her can’t resume her role as the confident and outspoken asskicker against me because she knows that no one would buy that. No one can believe her, not even herself.

Compared to her, I can only ever be myself. I can only be Sakisama. I can’t be someone that I’m not. I can’t be ugly. I can’t be weak. I can’t be her.

Perhaps, in the most sneaky corners of her mind, she might have thought that if she did her utmost best to make sure to ignore that this match is happening, then I might also forget about it. I might even forget who I’m facing tomorrow and get caught in a very nasty surprise. After all, I do have a track record of underestimating some of my opponents in EBWF.

But I have left that in my past. Just like I’m going to leave my next challenger in my past after our match at Fallout tomorrow.

And in this article, I’m going to use her name as many times as she has used my name in the last three months: Once.

At Fallout, Becky Lynch is going to become the biggest box-office bust of all time. I am going to be her biggest challenge, her biggest critic and her biggest tormentor. I am going to smack her in the head and make her kiss my boots before I beat her decisively for the fourth time and retain my title.

Not only will I keep my title, but I will keep my garden orderly. Every single flower under my care will live and die by that order. This is the responsibility I have to EBWF and everyone who supports it. This is the responsibility I have to the beauty and strength that I was given.

As for this article, it was my responsibility to you, dear readers of Players' Tribune. Hope it was fun. Au revoir.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Re: Charades

Post by Ashlee »

This is a truly original way to write a promo and I really enjoyed it. Thank you!
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote