Lucky Number 13

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Lucky Number 13

Post by Ben M »

Backstage at Fallout, Chris Jericho was standing in front of the camera, microphone in hand. Jericho had a determined look on his face, and as the camera started rolling, Jericho began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Here we are at Fallout, where opportunity knocks for yours truly. Tonight, I challenge the so-far undefeated EBWF World Champion, Damien Priest. You've had quite the run, haven't you Damien? You came in last year and immediately won the King of the Ring tournament, went on to dethrone The Miz, and now here you are 8 months into your reign as champion. Not once in your EBWF career have you been pinned or submitted... impressive, I must say.

Jericho paused for a moment, smirking to himself, before continuing.

Chris Jericho: But in all the time you’ve been in EBWF, Damien, you’ve never had to face me before. And as impressive as your accolades are… I’m a whole other level. You might be the King of the Ring, but I’m the King of the World, and a 12-time former EBWF World Champion. That title you’re holding? I've held it more times than anyone else in EBWF history. And now, I'm coming for lucky number 13.

Jericho stared directly into the camera, his eyes burning with intensity. He wasn’t smirking any more.

Chris Jericho: Go ahead, say the line they all say… “that just means you’ve lost the title more times than anyone else”. But Damien, if you say that, if you even think that, all you’re doing is pointing out that all reigns come to an end. And for you, the end is nigh. You may have youth on your side, you may have momentum, but you don't have the experience, the cunning, or the sheer brilliance that I possess. You see, I've been in this business for decades, and I've seen it all. I know every trick in the book, every loophole, every weakness. That’s why I was able to outlast 29 other superstars in the Last Survivor match, to earn this opportunity in the first place.

Jericho leaned in closer to the camera, his voice dropping to a low, threatening tone.

Chris Jericho: And mark my words, Damien, tonight I will outlast you. You may think you're unbeatable, but everyone has a breaking point, a moment of weakness. And when that moment comes, I'll be ready to strike; ready to make history once again. Because I'm not just here to win the EBWF World Championship for an unprecedented 13th time, I'm here to cement my legacy as the greatest of all time. So, Damien, before you come out to the ring tonight, hold that title close one last time, and say goodbye. Because at the end of the night, I’ll be the one standing tall, with that championship belt around my waist once again.

Jericho moved away from the camera, leaned back, and held out his arms.

Chris Jericho: Drink it in, maaaannnnn.

Laughing to himself, Jericho looked into the camera and winked, then walked away.